spitfire

Man_ILoveFishing
406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hi

I have a bit problem with spitfire fighter. Whenever it comes to dogfight, England looses? i.e, when im braking with spitfire, at some point i start to float, plane goes full stoned mode, falls down and no control over it. While bf 109 can do easy zigzags while braking and maintains altitude and is kind of "controllable" while floating. Also while doing loops, its way harder to cut/break loops with spitfire cause of lack of turning compared to bf 109. Sure, spitfire has great mg and smoke. Smoke is useless in air against bf 109. Experienced pilots gonna hold distance cause of smoke. So, how should i shake tail off with spitfire? Again bf 109 can do that all without smoke with no problem.

Ty.

Comments

  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    If you wanna dogfight try BF3 or 4.  BF5 has horrible planes. You are right about the BF109 having a huge advantage though.
  • ElliotLH
    9775 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Think it's often a matter of preference. The Spitfire VA is a very decent in my experience and I'd take it over either of the bf109s for dog fighting personally.
  • Sapelogue
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Think it's often a matter of preference. The Spitfire VA is a very decent in my experience and I'd take it over either of the bf109s for dog fighting personally.
    Not anymore. They changed the physics in march, so now Spit VB and BF109-G2 can turn faster. But G2 is the only plane with air radar + auto repair + surface control. So it's by far the best plane of the game
  • ElliotLH
    9775 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sapelogue wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Not anymore. They changed the physics in march, so now Spit VB and BF109-G2 can turn faster. But G2 is the only plane with air radar + auto repair + surface control. So it's by far the best plane of the game

    On paper maybe but that's where skill comes in to play. I'm nowhere near your level but even I rarely struggle to keep on the tail of a bf109 and it's only when someone better than me is on the opposite team where I have issues.
  • Sapelogue
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    ElliotLH said:
    Sapelogue wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Not anymore. They changed the physics in march, so now Spit VB and BF109-G2 can turn faster. But G2 is the only plane with air radar + auto repair + surface control. So it's by far the best plane of the game

    On paper maybe but that's where skill comes in to play. I'm nowhere near your level but even I rarely struggle to keep on the tail of a bf109 and it's only when someone better than me is on the opposite team where I have issues.
    Sure it's still EZ to kill bad pilot, even if he is in G2. But once they figure out how to exploit the broken meta (and trust me, they do), they just have to spam the same manoeuvre over and over. Your only way to get them is to sneak behind them or come 2v1. Far from skill...
  • ElliotLH
    9775 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sapelogue wrote: »
    (Quote)

    Sure it's still EZ to kill bad pilot, even if he is in G2. But once they figure out how to exploit the broken meta (and trust me, they do), they just have to spam the same manoeuvre over and over. Your only way to get them is to sneak behind them or come 2v1. Far from skill...

    That's simply not my experience at all. In fact I have a much tougher time against Spitfites when I'm in G2 than vice versa, and I use the G2 setup you've mentioned myself already.

    That's why I stated that I believe personal preference plays a part. I generally do better in the VA so that's what I prefer to fly given the choice.
  • Sapelogue
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Sapelogue wrote: »
    (Quote)

    Sure it's still EZ to kill bad pilot, even if he is in G2. But once they figure out how to exploit the broken meta (and trust me, they do), they just have to spam the same manoeuvre over and over. Your only way to get them is to sneak behind them or come 2v1. Far from skill...

    That's simply not my experience at all. In fact I have a much tougher time against Spitfites when I'm in G2 than vice versa, and I use the G2 setup you've mentioned myself already.

    That's why I stated that I believe personal preference plays a part. I generally do better in the VA so that's what I prefer to fly given the choice.
    VA has just the highest DPS in fighter, so you compensate your lack of agility by firepower. But as I said, it only works against bad pilots (most of pilots are, that's pretty rare to find a good pilot tbh)
  • ElliotLH
    9775 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sapelogue wrote: »
    (Quote)
    VA has just the highest DPS in fighter, so you compensate your lack of agility by firepower. But as I said, it only works against bad pilots (most of pilots are, that's pretty rare to find a good pilot tbh)

    I don't think we're going to agree on this but I have taken what you're saying on board. All I can say is that what I prefer and feel I do better with is what I will continue to favour personally.
Sign In or Register to comment.