wake island runway

Man_ILoveFishing
406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I love how i get killed by camper tank thats spawnkilling planes. GJ dice. I mean, i waited for a about 10 mins for nothing.

Comments

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    1183 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not the biggest fan of the map but isn't that your / your teams fault. My first game on Wake Island there was a tank right behind the runway killing them on spawn, I flanked round and covered it in dynamite. 
  • SirBobdk
    5341 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    First of all, blame Dice for placing runways in a stupied way or not giving carriers to the Japanese.
    Secondly, there are no real options to protect the runways. It should have a strong AA, out of range from infantry. Same goes for carriers after the first flags are taken.
    Thirdly, spawn kill is not something you do, you just don't. Back in time with rental servers it could mean kick and ban from private servers.
  • jroggs
    1227 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No one should be spawning on those runways except perhaps at the very beginning. Easier just to make them completely cosmetic to the map.

CQA should be standard Conquest with a Japanese fleet at the base of the horseshoe. They don't even need to make new ships for this. Just use the American ones with Japanese flags on them. I guarantee you there are less than five people in the player base who would be genuinely bothered by this.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Yeah i found it really funny when i saw these dead crosses on runway. I mean the guy literally enjoyed doing it :D. Anyway, first time i spawned and died instantly, second time i spawned in mid air, but wth. Why should i get rekt first time anyway and then wait for 3-5 mins. Secondly, it feels like US has so much tank power in breakthrough, runway object goes very fast, thats why its very annoying.

EDIT: Also when even people are defending that objective, some tanks go around just to start spawn killing planes.
  • DaMutha1
    1511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This map wouldn't be the throwback they want it to be without the runway griefing that has been around since BF1942.
  • superteds
    1218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    used to love camping the runway on Wake with an M95 in BF2

runway camping has been a part of wake island since day dot as far as Battlefield goes.
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That is what you get for instant spawn in vehicles.

If you would spawn as an engeneer in older games you could check if there are camping enemies and you could try to deal with that first.

Now you just have to hope noone is at the end of the runway.

Second now only the team that owns the runway have the planes. You cannot steal them.

• trip1ex
    5301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    snavelaer said:
    That is what you get for instant spawn in vehicles.

If you would spawn as an engeneer in older games you could check if there are camping enemies and you could try to deal with that first.

Now you just have to hope noone is at the end of the runway.

Second now only the team that owns the runway have the planes. You cannot steal them.

Yep exactly.  I was going to say the same thing myself earlier.  

Just shows that there isn't  much thought put into the ideas they steal from the old games.  It's very superficial as if they all work for the marketing team.  IT's in there.  Job complete.  Can't say we don't have runways.   

• BaronVonGoon
    7064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Are you telling me this isn't fun

• snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are you telling me this isn't fun

Yeah that is a lot of fun. But there is not a counter for the one spawning in a plane.

Again if I would want that plane in older games I would spawn as a soldier and then I could deal with this pretty obvious tactic.

Solution; plane spawn on runway for whoever wants it.
    As soon as you step in the plane you automatically change to pilotkit