Give us more info about servers!

Man_ILoveFishing
406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 2020
Hey!

What i mean, for example: I come from work home and am tired, i want to play bf5, i'll search my favorite map "Iwo Jima". Oh look, found 1 and instant connect, everything fine so far. Boom 30 tickets and then waits 2 mins for the next map. Nope, ill choose another with my fav map and wait 1-3 queues. Boom 100 tickets left. That's why i hate you dice.

Fix it. I can't even imagine how many hours of my gaming time is waiting in lobby.

EDIT: Or did i miss something?

Comments

• Callisto90
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Origin 423 hours BF5 play time.
    In BF5 statistics page.... Actual play time 295 hours.

i see where you're going with this.
  • Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey!

What i mean, for example: I come from work home and am tired, i want to play bf5, i'll search my favorite map "Iwo Jima". Oh look, found 1 and instant connect, everything fine so far. Boom 30 tickets and then waits 2 mins for the next map. Nope, ill choose another with my fav map and wait 1-3 queues. Boom 100 tickets left. That's why i hate you dice.

Fix it. I can't even imagine how many hours of my gaming time is waiting in lobby.

EDIT: Or did i miss something?
    Your blaming dice because your extremely selective in your maps and are impatient?
    If i ever want to play a select map i never join on that map because no one leaves mid game, only at the end.
    So i look at the map rotation see the map before the one i want to play and join that one, works like 95% of the time.
    The time spent between rounds will be minimal compared to time spent in queues and then only getting in halfway through a map at best.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ofc i'm blaming. Every FPS shooter has game progress info. Like i said, i want to enjoy map not enjoy 1 map before so i can get my satisfaction after that map. And also 95% it works in daytime but not at night time, after game people leave servers. Also yesterday was situation when there was 0 European breakthrough iwo jima maps. Even BF3 had game progress tracker.
  • Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ofc i'm blaming. Every FPS shooter has game progress info. Like i said, i want to enjoy map not enjoy 1 map before so i can get my satisfaction after that map. And also 95% it works in daytime but not at night time, after game people leave servers. Also yesterday was situation when there was 0 European breakthrough iwo jima maps. Even BF3 had game progress tracker.
    But that issue is to do with players not servers or the game, if people don't want to leave then that's why you cant get into the server...that's why you need to join earlier, it's the other people not the game that's the issue.
    As such you need to wait to get in, that's what happens in a civilised society.

They can't force players into servers they don't want to play, if no one is playing breakthrough then that's not the game. Servers are made based on demand, if there's no servers then there's no demand.
  • rich8012
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey matty101yttam I think he is asking y there is no ticket counter. like you use to be able to look at a server and see how many tickets each team had left and time left. I think that is what he is asking. and if it is that is a good question. I personally look for a server that is coming up to the map I want to play and get in earlier, because there is no ticket counter like what was said earlier.
  • DigitalHype
    834 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    rich8012 said:
    Hey matty101yttam I think he is asking y there is no ticket counter. like you use to be able to look at a server and see how many tickets each team had left and time left. I think that is what he is asking. and if it is that is a good question. I personally look for a server that is coming up to the map I want to play and get in earlier, because there is no ticket counter like what was said earlier.

Sadly that feature died when they stopped supporting Battlelog. One of the many valuable features that have been removed since BF4.
  • Matty101yttam
    rich8012 said:
    I know what he's asking, i'm saying that it won't help, the time you get in is not based on the tickets but on whether or not a person or people leave.
    People rarely leave after a few minutes in a map, start or end of map sure...rarely in the middle, but that's pretty much what he wants...to instantly get into a server with the map he wants with full tickets left, it's just not going to happen even with the counter. 

Going in a map earlier is pretty much 100% success rate, because the same thing will happen...you'll queue and won't get in till the end of the map, only now your ready for the map you want and full tickets.
  • ZeuZx
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rich8012 said:

That s why I miss the real server rentals, where you could customize the server you paid for with the settings of your choice. Game modes, map rotations, ticket count, region/ping restrictions, weapons, all the good customizable features that server admins used to have. In BF3 and BF4 there was a server that our clan would always play on since it had the game mode, ticket count and map rotations that we loved.
    For some odd reason they went into another direction which now sucks since we are stuck with a map rotation we have zero control over, no player balancing, no admin policing for cheaters. Its straight up terrible.