DX 12 still broken ? Ray tracing broken ?

ThundercrackerXx
60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Is anyone out there running smooth with ray tracing dx 12 ?

Comments

• LeMaestro99
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

you know you need at least a RTX2080 TI if you want smooth Ray Tracing right ???? :)
  • Bolly_GB
    109 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I run DX12 on RTX 2080 but Ray Tracing off - it halves your FPS. Can turn it on for the war stories to see the full chicken-vindaloo effects, but don't bother with it in MP.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14032 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    That all depends on the quality setting of DXR that you're running.

If you want Ultra DXR you're going to need the big boy (2080Ti) to push those kinds of visuals with a lesser impact.

Also,  Did you enable DLSS? ( must be running 1440p or above to enable ) 

If you haven't,  Try DLSS enabled which will improve performance for you. ( again,  this only applies to 1440p and above ) 

• LOLGotYerTags
    14032 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I get so much stutter its unplayable DX11 is fine though 
    Yeah,  DX12 introduces stutter for many users,  Even for those like me rocking a 2080Ti.

Most of the stutters come from the game caching the shaders at the start of a new map,  But once you've played a rotation or two and circle back to the first stuttery map it tends to be better performance wise.

That said,  If you're using DX12 and DXR at 1080p you won't be able to use DLSS ( Deep Learning Super Sampling ) as this requires a resolution of 2560x1440 or higher.
  • PRAETORIANN-GR
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, in my case DX12 works a lot better since the release.

There is some stuttering in the beginning of a round, especially when you update drivers, but like others said, this is due to the DX shader cache compiling method for DX12.

If you keep playing, it goes smooth in one or two rounds of the same map.

I prefer it because game feels to me more responsive and it helps my old o/c 4770k for keeping lower usage.

For me both games, BF1 and V, DX12 work smoothly after a couple of rounds in a map.

I am on a 1060 now, but I bought a 5600 XT. Hope DX12 runs also well on my new GPU, i will test it and see the results.

I will never know how RTX looks and impacts performance. I couldn't with my 1060 because it wasn't capable enough in driver lever, and I won't with my new 5600 XT because it does not support RTX. No RTX for me for the next 2 years. muahahhahaha

• TheMunt
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im getting complete crashes now since last windows update in DX12 and nvidia 445.75 with a rtx 2080. was fine prior to latest BF patch and windows update, now crashes to desktop constantly, DX11 is stable
  • VOLBANKER
    1602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 5
    DX12 runs 100% smooth and stutter free here, when:

1) I clear the DirectX cache before I boot BFV (have a BAT-file I run)

2) Run Intelligent Standby List Cleaner in the background

My setup: I7-8700 non-K / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super
  • Jinko_itx
    768 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i play at DLSS 4k ultra settings DXR on medium and i never go below 60fps
  • VOLBANKER
    1602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    DX12 runs 100% smooth and stutter free here, when:

1) I clear the DirectX cache before I boot BFV (have a BAT-file I run)

2) Run Intelligent Standby List Cleaner in the background

My setup: I7-8700 non-K / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super

Here's the content of the BAT-file, if you want to try making one yourself and running it before starting BFV:

del /q "%temp%\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache\*"

for /d %%x in ("%temp%\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache\*") do @rd /s /q "%%x"

• rsnhakan
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello,

I can't play Battlefield V when I select DirectX 12. I have a Ryzen 3700x with 5700XT graphic card.

When I turn on DirectX 12, the game gets stuck at the loading screen (which is black). The only option to make the game start again is to change DirectX 12 Enabled from 1 to 0 in the profile.txt file.

Doe someone has a solution ?
  • CSO7777
    1717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    rsnhakan said:
    Hello,

I can't play Battlefield V when I select DirectX 12. I have a Ryzen 3700x with 5700XT graphic card.

When I turn on DirectX 12, the game gets stuck at the loading screen (which is black). The only option to make the game start again is to change DirectX 12 Enabled from 1 to 0 in the profile.txt file.

Have you tried reparing the game (within Origin), otherwise I would try to use DDU and reinstall the newest GPU-drivers.
  • rsnhakan
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:
    rsnhakan said:
    Hello,

Have you tried reparing the game (within Origin), otherwise I would try to use DDU and reinstall the newest GPU-drivers.
    I reinstalled Windows. Installed the newest GPU-driver and after that I downloaded the game. So the problem must be somewhere else.
  • tinianxxx
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Has anyone tried the new Vulcan 1.2 Developer Beta drivers. They were released April 2, 2020 [442.88] and I know BFV is not meant to use these it is built for Dx11 and 12 but if you're having stuttering and other problems with Dx12 you could try them.  I'm trying them on an old card that won't run Dx12 in this game and have noticed some improvements like smoother gameplay.