Wow this place seems to be dead or dying

Wickid_Splat
148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I remember the days not that long ago that most any topic you posted would get not only lots of replies but also quickly.   I am not seeing that here recently and it just seems dead around here.  

Comments

• Stylepowers
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah maybe because the Battlefield franchise was completely ruined because of all the 2 stupid WW titles that were made
  • Vespervin
    1368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Battlefield forums have been dying ever since they shut down Battlelog. I'm going to Reddit to discuss Battlefield, which is unfortunate because I don't really like reddit.
  • normzzzzzy
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah maybe because the Battlefield franchise was completely ruined because of all the 2 stupid WW titles that were made

I dunno mate. BF1 was a breath of fresh air. Was the most fun I’ve had playing a battlefield game since bad company.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All fun was taken away once we moved into these horrendous forums prior to the release of BF1... The rest is just sad history.
    I´m surprised to see @Turban_Legend80 formerly known as JihadJockey in this thread... How long ago since you last played a BF-game?

• Turban_Legend80
    4746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited March 26
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    All fun was taken away once we moved into these horrendous forums prior to the release of BF1... The rest is just sad history.
    I´m surprised to see @Turban_Legend80 formerly known as JihadJockey in this thread... How long ago since you last played a BF-game?

I last played BF4 about two weeks ago. I still play it regularly.
  • Turbo_Nozomix
    405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 30
    There hasn't been a good Battlefield game since Battlefield 4, so I guess it's not too surprising. Bf1 and Bf5 are in the direction of shovelware, with cheap and shallow Fisher-Price gameplay and nothing to satisfy serious players or draw-in long-term engagement.

Mindless lone-wolf ADHD run-and-gunning can be had in many places and those markets are held by other titles. Battlefield needs to return to its roots, and get back to the approach of Battlefield 2 to show once again how great Battlefield can be.
  • normzzzzzy
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There hasn't been a good Battlefield game since Battlefield 4, so I guess it's not too surprising. Bf1 and Bf5 are in the direction of shovelware, with cheap and shallow Fisher-Price gameplay and nothing to satisfy serious players or draw-in long-term engagement.

Mindless lone-wolf ADHD run-and-gunning can be had in many places and those markets are held by other titles. Battlefield needs to return to its roots, and get back to the approach of Battlefield 2 to show once again how great Battlefield can be.

“Mindless lone-wolf ADHD run-and-gunning” BF4 was exactly that friend.

You say BF4 was the last decent battlefield game and then mention how battlefield should go “back to its routes” and go back to BF2 style gameplay.

BF2 and BF4 are completely different beasts gameplay wise.
  • Imadis64
    141 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 3
    Most people just complain on here. There are lots of folks playing and enjoying this game and just do want to get flamed for posting something positive (Just watch)

Not much 'Discussion', just need to change the name of site to[removed]
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • normzzzzzy
    Imadis64 wrote: »
    Most people just complain on here. There are lots of folks playing and enjoying this game and just do want to get flamed for posting something positive (Just watch)

Not much 'Discussion', just need to change the name of site to '¯\_(ツ)_/¯'

You’re not wrong dude. I’m guilty as charged
  • Turban_Legend80
    4746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    normzzzzzy wrote: »

I won’t comment on BF2 because I never played it, but I disagree with the comment above.

I regularly see good squad work on most maps. Not talking about every player but there is usually a squad pushing to enemy teams gimme flag, an anti tank squad (on maps like Golmud) or assault squads on infantry maps.

It’s certainly a lot different than BFV.
  • normzzzzzy
    edited April 2
    normzzzzzy wrote: »

I won’t comment on BF2 because I never played it, but I disagree with the comment above.

I regularly see good squad work on most maps. Not talking about every player but there is usually a squad pushing to enemy teams gimme flag, an anti tank squad (on maps like Golmud) or assault squads on infantry maps.

It’s certainly a lot different than BFV.

Squad play was definitely more prominent and encouraged in BF2.

I’m not saying it didn’t exist in BF4 but, it hardly made a difference if you you stuck with your squad mates or not. You could easily break away from your squad and do well by yourself.
    Post edited by normzzzzzy on
  • Turbo_Nozomix
    405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 3

You say BF4 was the last decent battlefield game and then mention how battlefield should go “back to its routes” and go back to BF2 style gameplay.

BF2 and BF4 are completely different beasts gameplay wise.
    These are separate statements:

- Battlefield 4 was the last decent Battlefield game.

- Battlefield should go back to its roots, with Bf2 being the benchmark for Battlefield's peak design.

- Bf2 and Bf4 are different gameplay-wise (though, between, Bf2 and all the post-Bf2 Battlefield games, Bf4 came the closest to being similar to Bf2 due to its larger and varied maps, detailed server options, and reasonably fleshed-out commander mode).

All of those statements are true and not contradictory.

normzzzzzy said:
    Turbo_Nozomix wrote: »

Yes, Bf4 does have that, unfortunately (not as bad as in later Bf games, though). And that is one of the bad things about Bf4.

Again, in saying that Battlefield should go back to its roots, using Battlefield 2 as the template, while also saying that Battlefield 4 is the last decent Battlefield game, I wasn't saying that Bf4 represents Battlefield's roots. It does not. But it was the last decent Battlefield game.
  • normzzzzzy
    (Quote)
    These are separate statements:

- Battlefield 4 was the last decent Battlefield game.

- Battlefield should go back to its roots, with Bf2 being the benchmark for Battlefield's peak design.

- Bf2 and Bf4 are different gameplay-wise (though, between, Bf2 and all the post-Bf2 Battlefield games, Bf4 came the closest to being similar to Bf2 due to its larger and varied maps, detailed server options, and reasonably fleshed-out commander mode).

All of those statements are true and not contradictory.(Quote)
    Yes, Bf4 does have that, unfortunately (not as bad as in later Bf games, though). And that is one of the bad things about Bf4.

Again, in saying that Battlefield should go back to its roots, using Battlefield 2 as the template, while also saying that Battlefield 4 is the last decent Battlefield game, I wasn't saying that Bf4 represents Battlefield's roots. It does not. But it was the last decent Battlefield game.

I’m with you now mate. I apologise for misinterpreting what you said.

But, yeah... they Should definitely try to incorporate more serious squad play like they did with BF2. Or have a game mode like hardcore but you have to utilise your squad in order to succeed.

• KBK_Nightmare
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Battlelog was the good times.
  • LBF-xSunnyCrazyx
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There is no reason to comeback to battlelog anymore if you are playing BF1 or 5.
    It sucks because back in BF3 and 4 Battlelog create lots of community and friends include in forum, platoon page and players profile.
  • wsupchris1222444
    934 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I mean, battlefield is not that popular nowadays, hopefully bf6 is great, 2 bad games in a row could kill the franchise. People on the forumfeild can be ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but I don't think that is why it's dead. I have not been on the forumfield discord in years but I dont think that community is alive anymore.

Nothing lasts forever
  • Discovery530
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ever since Battlelog changed "Forumfield" went away. Like what wsupchris said things come and go.