Firestorm can save the playerbase

CT1924
1157 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
First, revamp Firestorm. New trailer, bug fixes, more enjoyeable gameplay, etc.
Second, make it F2P. Hopefully, it will encourage others to buy BFV.
Third, as an added feature, add a Firestorm rank, which grants a BFV discount to new players or boins for vets.
This mode had a lot of potential. Let's resurect it. Halvøy was an amazing and large map.

Comments

• BeastofBourbon84
    673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Let it die so dice can focus on the main game.

The br market is saturated and imo it does not make sense to try to fight a war you can't win.
  • snakeater418
    328 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cut it loose. Shouldn't have made it into the game in the first place.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    First, revamp Firestorm. New trailer, bug fixes, more enjoyeable gameplay, etc.
    Second, make it F2P. Hopefully, it will encourage others to buy BFV.
    Third, as an added feature, add a Firestorm rank, which grants a BFV discount to new players or boins for vets.
    This mode had a lot of potential. Let's resurect it. Halvøy was an amazing and large map.

disagree let it finally die or at least sit on the back-burner until DICE finally makes the base game worthwhile. and i do mean a basic rework of almost everything
    -working and effective team-balance
    -crackdown on cheaters
    -improvements to net-code ,general performance and optimization
    -compelte rework or discontinuing of the attrition system
    -reworking aircrafts to either limiting the selection (so we don't get FJELL games with everyone using bombers)
    -re-balancing the classes and weapons or for now reintroduce 5.0 DMG and recoil models because 6.2 just killed every slow RPM automatic weapon with medic getting shafted the hardest
    -rework your monetization for those who care to spend their money or at least make the epics expensive with CC but locking stuff behind a paywall eventough they advertised it to not be the case is just spitting on their fanbase
    -rework your map-design
    -stop with these BS limited modes it failed hard and will continue to fail hard
    -rework the flipping UI to not be a sore to look at
    -assignemnt-system is a joke i've seen indie games with better systems
    and if you then still have time left on your hands DICE may rework firestorm. or not because by the time the list is finished BF2021 should be here any day....
    This.
    Battlefield > memestorm.
    Let that thing die already.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The fact it even exists is part of the problem.
  • HexedShadowWolf
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I find it HIGHLY unlikely that someone who is uninterested in BF5 will spend money on it because of a BR mode when there are so many other games that do it better and require less money or is just free. Firestorm was a mistake and should die.
  • A_DANK_NUG
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Almost everyone hating on Firestorm doesn’t even like Battle Royale in general and just wants focus on the basic game modes. Anyone with that mentality needs to stay off the Firestorm threads because they’re just spreading negativity about a game mode that THEY DON’T EVEN PLAY.
  • Schlep2112
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Almost everyone hating on Firestorm doesn’t even like Battle Royale in general and just wants focus on the basic game modes. Anyone with that mentality needs to stay off the Firestorm threads because they’re just spreading negativity about a game mode that THEY DON’T EVEN PLAY.
    Nope.
  • ControllersRus
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For anyone who says to let it die you are hurting the game itself. I purchased my first battlefield game when firestorm came out. It was my first experience with battlefield. I now have EA access on my PC andown BF5 and BF4 for console on top of that. So I have been introduced to the series because of BR. If this were to go free to play I believe the player base would go up as there are a lot of people out there that haven't even played a Battlefield game ever. I know i'm just one example, but there are millions of gamers in the world and if there was a way to try a product (Firestorm F2P) there is no way it could hurt the game. they haven't done anything for the game mode so any issues with the actual game truly have nothing to do with firestorm. 
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For anyone who says to let it die you are hurting the game itself. I purchased my first battlefield game when firestorm came out. It was my first experience with battlefield. I now have EA access on my PC andown BF5 and BF4 for console on top of that. So I have been introduced to the series because of BR. If this were to go free to play I believe the player base would go up as there are a lot of people out there that haven't even played a Battlefield game ever. I know i'm just one example, but there are millions of gamers in the world and if there was a way to try a product (Firestorm F2P) there is no way it could hurt the game. they haven't done anything for the game mode so any issues with the actual game truly have nothing to do with firestorm. 

how do you then compensate all the oter consumers who paid for Firestorm as part of the packaged deal? i mean they paid for something and everyonelse is now getting iot for free on a game that cost about 10€ now if you look for keys off the main-websites?
  • ControllersRus
    you mean the way COD WARZONE has done with wild success??
  • ControllersRus
    also that just doesn't make any sense what you're saying about compensation. steam, xbox, playstation all give games away on a regular basis. all of which someone at some point has paid for. no one is being compensated for those games. This game is in it's second year now...its not new, but with no new game coming it would help it for sure.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    also that just doesn't make any sense what you're saying about compensation. steam, xbox, playstation all give games away on a regular basis. all of which someone at some point has paid for. no one is being compensated for those games. This game is in it's second year now...its not new, but with no new game coming it would help it for sure.

because that buggy mess of a game will draw in new ppl? at best it would boopst the user-counts on other better F2P games
  • ControllersRus
    You have zero argument here dude...name whats so buggy about firestorm and the last time you've played it? you clearly have no what you are talking about here. Good chatting though. I like your positive attitude! lol :)
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    You have zero argument here dude...name whats so buggy about firestorm and the last time you've played it? you clearly have no what you are talking about here. Good chatting though. I like your positive attitude! lol :)

hmh
    -abysmal looting system in firestorm
    -the same net-code issues as the base game?
    -the atrocious performacne as the base-game?
    -in fact any bug in the base game will be in firestorm!
  • ControllersRus
    the looting system in this game works, but will agree it could be better. The performance of firestorm is perfectly fine. In fact, it's much better than Warzone. go play 10 games of each and tell me that firestorm runs worse than Warzone. I've played easily 30 games of firestorm over the past 2 weeks and have not encountered any bugs that you're referring to. I don't see how you can't think that making thins free to play would hurt the game. the mode is already complete, and there just letting it waste away. 
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    the looting system in this game works, but will agree it could be better. The performance of firestorm is perfectly fine. In fact, it's much better than Warzone. go play 10 games of each and tell me that firestorm runs worse than Warzone. I've played easily 30 games of firestorm over the past 2 weeks and have not encountered any bugs that you're referring to. I don't see how you can't think that making thins free to play would hurt the game. the mode is already complete, and there just letting it waste away. 

DICE can do whatever but firestorm has been dead for what 5 patches now? and DICE has made no attempt to do anything about it. BFV itslef is just too much of a dumpsterfire and since both run in the same engine... chances are it will run into the same issues as the abs egame if numbers get higher
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As much as I want Firestorm to continue, the damage is already done.
    The moment EA decided to put Firestorm behind a paywall was the nail in the coffin.

Even if they make it F2P now, it would take Dice more work to keep the free player base engaged.
    Otherwise the new players would get bored, and leave

Obviously Battle Royals are still massive. Look at warzone and the attention and viewers on twitch and YouTube it’s received.
    EA/Dice would be stupid to throw in the towel on the genre.

I predict they are working on a new successor to Firestorm. F2P and a stand alone game. Perhaps it will be tied in with BF6, but it will be free.
  • CT1924
    1157 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The moment EA decided to put Firestorm behind a paywall was the nail in the coffin.

Even if they make it F2P now, it would take Dice more work to keep the free player base engaged.

Obviously Battle Royals are still massive. Look at warzone and the attention and viewers on twitch and YouTube it’s received.

I predict they are working on a new successor to Firestorm. F2P and a stand alone game. Perhaps it will be tied in with BF6, but it will be free.
    Still wouldn't hurt to adjust it. Would take a little time, but could propel BFV into the main newstream again, and with positive news at that.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    CT1924 said:

Still wouldn't hurt to adjust it. Would take a little time, but could propel BFV into the main newstream again, and with positive news at that.

so we get then one positive news letter somewhere, and then 2-4 months later another newsfeed  claiming in simple headlines "BFV is dead no meaningful update in over xyz weeks" yeah that will surely help public opinion in the long run. DICE can't even maintain their main game updates let a lone manage a F2P BR game that requires almost what at least bi-weekly updates with content to keep most players interested or a very methodical and thought out season pass akin to roadmaps and we know how unbelievable DICE is in keeping to roadmaps or deadlines in the past 1.5 years