Where are the remastered editions?

ozleezy81
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
It's not hard it seems for cod to pump these out. BC2, BF3 on todays consoles will sell. You're just worried about getting people to buy bf5 still with grub additions like ttk and flares etc. Well it seems pretty evident. No hc mode or rsp?

Comments

• Terminator000001
    1001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 is your BF3 reskin or remaster or whatever you want to call it. 🦆
  • Noodlesocks
    3607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would rather they focus on making better new games.
  • Terminator000001
    1001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    Purely out of personal interest... which remasters would y'all like to see?

Since I started with BC2, I would like to see a BF3 remaster without M16/M416/AEK tryhards and no imbalance between SU-35 and F18. 🦆
  • IIPrest0nII
    2372 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    BF3 with improved graphics, the gameplay was sound, so that would be out for me.

Same for me ^ ^
  • IRainer_Wahnsinn
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2
    Personally I would prefer remastered versions of the old refractor engine games, especially BF42 and BF 2 - probably something like a BF classic line. All frostbite games already had quite good graphics and are still playable. In addition  BF V already showed that better graphics are not necessarily adding to a better gaming experience (problems with visibility, gameplay etc.).
    Post edited by IRainer_Wahnsinn on
  • UltraMG42CamPeR
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF3, I'd preorder it the moment I saw.
  • ElliotLH
    9409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've played a bit of BC2 using the backwards compatibility on the XB1 and think that'd be fun for a remaster.
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any of the past games remastered would be the death knoll of battlefield v and dice knows it
  • BeastofBourbon84
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly as a pc player none.
    If I wanted to play an older bf I'd just play it for nostalgia sake.

People have to remove the rosecolored glasses.
    If you'd remake bf1942 you couldn't just "HD polish" it up and call it a day.
    Gameplay came a long way since then and if you really "remake" an old bf it would just be a different game.

Not sure how it's supposed to work really.
  • Magikf1ngers
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd love to see BF: Vietnam on the Frostbite engine - that was the first one where they really attempted jungle warfare.  Plus - playing the music in the tanks was awesome.  

However - in all honesty - I'd rather see DICE / EA focus on Anti-cheat and fixing the other issues than remaster anything.  Besides - I wouldn't pay for a remaster anyway - maybe as free content or something it'd be great, but again - focus on the real stuff first.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14277 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    BF3 with improved graphics, the gameplay was sound, so that would be out for me.

Same for me ^ ^
    Yup.

Also BC2 because that game was awesome!
  • ForbidRhyme
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 3
    BF3 or 4. Back when they had the tech.
  • NASTYNEIL357
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    Purely out of personal interest... which remasters would y'all like to see?

Vietnam.
  • Blackidus
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 3
    Personally I would prefer remastered versions of the old refractor engine games, especially BF42 and BF 2 - probably something like a BF classic line. All frostbite games already had quite good graphics and are still playable. In addition  BF V already showed that better graphics are not necessarily adding to a better gaming experience (problems with visibility, gameplay etc.).
    I agree to this, BF3 BF4 and even BC2 is still playable. I would love to see any of the refractor engine games as well. 
    But since we have a lot of modern era and BF1 and BFV where historical i would love something different and go "back" to the world of 2142.

BF2142 whas futuristic but still had "bots on the ground" gameplay.
    But then again, the refractor games would probably harder to remaster than frosetbite games = more work to put them up to todays standard but it would be so much cooler.
  • Loqtrall
    12457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 3
    I'm begging and praying for a remaster of BF3 or BC2 to happen.

Not because I actually want it and will play it extensively - but because everyone else seems to and incessantly reference it as one of the best BF games ever.

I just want to see it re-released just as it is now, but with better visuals, solely so I can inevitably observe and then point out how the community heavily criticizes it despite spending the past near-decade insisting it was the best thing since sliced bread.

That'd just be the icing on the cake that is this whole debacle where the community absolutely exploded over a ww2 game being inaccurate and inauthentic, after playing 10 BF titles in a row that were insanely inaccurate/inauthentic, and not saying a damn word about it.
  • ragnarok013
    3812 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

@StarscreamUK honestly the BF3 PC graphics still hold up for me today. I'd just like higher tick rate servers, suppression reduced, and the mortar's last nerf to be rolled back in BF3