BF1 better than BFV?

JokerJames96
postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
In my opinion, BF1 is better than BFV...... Am I the only one? Just the whole atmosphere in BF1 is better, where I feel like there is none in BFV. Not sure if anyone gets what I'm trying to say lol. What is your guys opinion? Just curious to see who agrees with me......

Comments

• AlmightyNissan
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I like Battlefield 1 more even though it was just a Battlefront reskin. The game is fun but on PC it runs like crap and has many performance problems which have been there from day one and still have not been patched to THIS DAY.
  • Ronin9572
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I won't purchase BFV, so I'd say BF1 is better!
  • TheXBOXFan
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In my opinion, BF1 is better than BFV...... Am I the only one? Just the whole atmosphere in BF1 is better, where I feel like there is none in BFV. Not sure if anyone gets what I'm trying to say lol. What is your guys opinion? Just curious to see who agrees with me......

Battlefield V just seems boring and not really fun to me and the people I usally play with. Is that what you mean? Battlefield V is usally slow paced and sluggish in my experience, unlike Battlefield 1 where there is chaos around every corner and soilders screaming all around you. All that makes for a lot of great entertainment, at least for me.
  • DavidassMagoza
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have tried since launch to like and enjoy BFV but the only real enjoyment I got was when I deleted it from my PS4....it’s the worst of all the Battlefields and I think dice is really struggling with talent, innovation and fresh ideas that give that battlefield fun and feel that’s been missing for years...at one time I would have never though I would say it but COD Warzone brings the battlefield fun that has been sorely missing...and it’s free...I have even enjoyed the free multiplayer weekend so far....Activision is killing it at the moment with all the releases. Since BF1 they have released Infinite Warfare, WW2, Blops4, MW remastered, MW 2 campaign remastered, New MW, Warzone plus new game mode....and we have had BFV...such a travesty....dice is lost
  • AlmightyNissan
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have tried since launch to like and enjoy BFV but the only real enjoyment I got was when I deleted it from my PS4....it’s the worst of all the Battlefields and I think dice is really struggling with talent, innovation and fresh ideas that give that battlefield fun and feel that’s been missing for years...at one time I would have never though I would say it but COD Warzone brings the battlefield fun that has been sorely missing...and it’s free...I have even enjoyed the free multiplayer weekend so far....Activision is killing it at the moment with all the releases. Since BF1 they have released Infinite Warfare, WW2, Blops4, MW remastered, MW 2 campaign remastered, New MW, Warzone plus new game mode....and we have had BFV...such a travesty....dice is lost

I do agree with you a lot. I wouldn’t blame Dice alone because you must remember they’re under EA. A company that will never put a customer over easy profitability.

• DavidassMagoza
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I do agree with you a lot. I wouldn’t blame Dice alone because you must remember they’re under EA. A company that will never put a customer over easy profitability.

Yeah your probably right...it used to bother me for ages...not sure why to b honest....I should add that I also forgot that they released COD mobile online multiplayer....which is pretty good....and a companion app....

...it just makes me wonder whether we will ever get the likes of a BF3 remaster or a fun BF1943 remake...or a BFBC3...or a BF4 sequel...
  • AlmightyNissan
    (Quote)
    Whut? Never had performance issues except when there was a bug to do with mission updates in the They Shall Not Pass DLC, which they fixed within days. BF1 runs sooo smooth.

And calling it a Battlefront reskin is just ridiculous.

At least you like BF1 more than BF5 though?...

BF1 was pretty much a reskin. It was a dumbed down and easier to play game than the previous titles. It is still enjoyable. I have played it on console and had a good time but found myself going on Battlefield 4 or even Hardline. Battlefield 5 is absolutely horrendous and is riddled with bugs, microtransactions - it’s like nobody cares anymore. I’ve tried it on console before and didn’t enjoy it - so for me, BF1 is a whole head above BF5.

BF1 isn’t very smooth and doesn’t run well for me. But that’s not the point. On console, I did enjoy the game. And yes - I do believe that it is basically a Battlefront reskin. The game is easy and didn’t feel like I was playing a Battlefield but I still had plenty of fun. I could not say the same about the newest title - it was simply a mess.

Even by looking at the feedback from most people you can easily tell that Battlefield 1 is the better out of these two, but in my opinion it doesn’t compete with any games before it. A fun game, but very dumbed down and easy. Great graphics too. But sadly it didn’t feel like I was playing Battlefield anymore.
  • Forkbeard84
    1763 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You guys know I love BF1 and still play it. Lately though I’ve been giving BF5 a go and I’ve got to say its greatly improved since its first release. Tank play works great now. You start off with a lot of ammo so its nice not to have to reload every six shells. Going to the supply depot for more ammo adds another strategic element so i dont mind it. Planes somehow seem easier to fly than the BF1 planes.

It is harder to see enemies in BF5 but that goes both ways. I’ve found it easier to go prone snd stay hidden in BF5.

I also like the specializations you can give to weapons and vehicles as you level them up.

BF1 is still a great and classic game. But I’m finding BF5 after two years of refinement and bug fixes has become a pretty good game.
  • Trokey66
    8951 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Probably......
  • ckanitz
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The Thing I hate about BFV is that I don't feel like the sand box is there... They take the time to make all these great land scapes and you can't even climb a mountain that's right there.
  • PSJackman4
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    of course it is better, every person on the planet knows that.
  • Ronin9572
    ckanitz wrote: »
    The Thing I hate about BFV is that I don't feel like the sand box is there... They take the time to make all these great land scapes and you can't even climb a mountain that's right there.

True, but I bet you can power slide right to the peak and back like nothing...
  • filthmcnasty
    850 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Im ashamed to say I've played BF5 as much as I have but i hoped it would get better. For every improvement the game made, failures followed. They should have stuck to their guns, kept their original ideas, but they caved to the crybabies and now the game is a mess with no identity, a disgrace to the franchise.

Yes, BF1 is leagues beyond 5. I was just brainstorming for anything BF5 does better and I can't think of anything. I liked the direction they went when I played the beta, and got excited. By the time it released DICE was already caving, attrition, meant to be a huge gameplay mechanic, was on it's way out and now it's dead. It's a god awful mess of imbalances.

BF1 had a wow factor from the get go. WW1, largely unexplored in AAA gaming was garnering interest, and it created the best atmosphere of any online shooter I've played. No man's land came to life. The first time I watched the Airship come crashing down I was in awe. Operations was, and is, a fantastic game mode when the sides are close to balanced. Each class felt unique and satisfying to perfect. The only complaint I have is one I've had with every BF game, teams are too often uneven, rofl-stomps are too common.
  • filthmcnasty
    850 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 wrote: »

I've stopped BF5, but dear god did I hate, I mean HATE that godd**n sliding. As soon as you say something on the forums about it you get ganged up on. It's a crap mechanic, it's useless. It increases the chances you get headshot, but hey, let's all just slide around the map like a bunch of trolls
  • Ronin9572
    Ronin9572 wrote: »

I've stopped BF5, but dear god did I hate, I mean HATE that godd**n sliding. As soon as you say something on the forums about it you get ganged up on. It's a crap mechanic, it's useless. It increases the chances you get headshot, but hey, let's all just slide around the map like a bunch of trolls

It sounds silly but it's so bad I about throw up in my mouth a little everytime I see it! Lol
    There's nothing wrong trying to like a game and waiting for it to get better. We've all done it before. I'm going thru that right now with Red Dead Online. So I've decided to just login and do daily's and occasionally I'll do a few things on my lower ranked character. So I've just been playing other games like BF1!
  • Skill4Reel
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield 1 has much better maps and superior visibility.  So...yes.  BF1 is a better game to me based on these two things.