Who said MAA too weak?

MammiBoo
413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Out of boredom I started to grind MAA, which many claim is ineffective against planes. Well is a blatant lie, this time a huge lie that adds to the tears of infys.

I downed lots of planes an average 15 planes per match. And the best part was taking VB's with not upgraded Mobile anti air. In 3 hours I full specced both tanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okrbvFzR4L4

Feels kinda cheap to me, and the best tool vs planes in this game. A tool that can used by ground troops with ease.

Comments

• fragnstein
    745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You apparently didnt watch  the video because its like 4 seconds long
  • Celsi_GER
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So your enemy pilots were weak. Maybe they had difficulties to locate you. This proves nothing. A good pilot will bomb you out of your MAA in one approach from high altitude - while taking less than 80% damage. Again and again.
  • m1k3ol
    861 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    uhm, wrong link maybe?
    there's nothing on that video other than a scoreboard
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    So your enemy pilots were weak. Maybe they had difficulties to locate you. This proves nothing. A good pilot will bomb you out of your MAA in one approach from high altitude - while taking less than 80% damage. Again and again.
    This. MAA is too weak against plane bombs and turret turn speed is too low to be effective.
  • Tullzter
    1257 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One mosquito 4000 lbs bomb and that MAA is dust in the wind
  • iwashighwayman
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MammiBoo wrote: »
    Out of boredom I started to grind MAA, which many claim is ineffective against planes. Well is a blatant lie, this time a huge lie that adds to the tears of infys.

I downed lots of planes an average 15 planes per match. And the best part was taking VB's with not upgraded Mobile anti air. In 3 hours I full specced both tanks.

Feels kinda cheap to me, and the best tool vs planes in this game. A tool that can used by ground troops with ease.

Just keep playing until u meet real pilots, let s see how that will go
  • MammiBoo
    413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NOPE, was the essential one. Scoreboard, second place 13 planes destroyed with one spec tree unlocked. I would say 190 kills in 4 hours with those things isnt bad at all. MEANING 20 infys probably, the rest planes. https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/psn/ElitesT_PeasanT/vehicles
    Also both variants have a spec upgrade with fastest turret traverse speed, so I do not know what you are talking about.

Of course you need to stay under cover, the taller turret is meant for that. But hey, people wanna stay on Panzerstorm plains and ohk every plane right?

• MammiBoo
    MammiBoo said:
    NOPE, was the essential one. Scoreboard, second place 13 planes destroyed with one spec tree unlocked. I would say 190 kills in 4 hours with those things isnt bad at all. MEANING 20 infys probably, the rest planes. https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/psn/ElitesT_PeasanT/vehicles
    Also both variants have a spec upgrade with fastest turret traverse speed, so I do not know what you are talking about.

Of course you need to stay under cover, the taller turret is meant for that. But hey, people wanna stay on Panzerstorm plains and ohk every plane right?

i highly doubt you shot down 13 planes with 13 kills. anyways, if you did, you shot down 13 planes in the first 11 minutes of the game, and then a grand total of 2 in the remaining 20 minutes of the game, this is the corresponding report  MOBILE AA OP! Also i checked your other reports, 15 planes taken down at average you said huh? all i see is one round in which you got 15 and in every other round i saw you got significantly less. But for you that is obviously equivalent right? one round, all rounds, some rounds.... doesnt matter, all the same. one round with 15 destroys is essentially the same as an average of 15 isn't it? lmao....After all you have a history of not being so strict when it comes to the truth so im not surprised in the slightest. here are the rest of the reports: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/gamereport/psn/1246514886238231424?handle=ElitesT_PeasanT https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/gamereport/psn/1246522124298312576?handle=ElitesT_PeasanT https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/gamereport/psn/1246508031533341568?handle=ElitesT_PeasanT https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/gamereport/psn/1246500697172040576?handle=ElitesT_PeasanT also posting a video on youtube to show a scoreboard :joy:. you ever heard of screenshots?
    Aand everything proves my point. Of course your logic is as awesome as your stats bashing, cause this is everything you can do really.

The thing is I had many games when I joined late, mid game or near the end. Was an experiment that proves my point.
     I prohibited airspace for enemy team, using a tool designed for that. Even AA val I play with 4 barrel version, so I am not competing against tanks and such nor scrubbery vs infy. I played against clans stacked so was very satisfying, being only one against them. This time not in a plane but with same results.

Cry me a river Berg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmghClTBaEk
  • NLBartmaN
    4482 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The MAA (but also all other AA weapons) is more than capable of taking down large number of planes.
    90% of pilots are easy targets and will be unable to bomb/rocket you without getting shot down.

But all "planes are OP" "AA is too weak" topics are based on the 1% pilots that have MANY hours of flying in more than 1 BF game, are for more than 50% of their playing time pilots, have fully upgraded their planes with tools that match their playstyle/the map, clearly have skill and for those reasons are able to stay up in the air a whole round and destroy/avoid everything that tries to counter them (9 out of 10 times players that try to counter have no idea or experience with using those tools, so they say they are weak).

Flying myself, if someone with ground AA takes me down, good job to them, they know how to use the tools or worked together.

I get more irritated if someone takes me down with a plane with an OP anti plane loadout, there is no dogfighting or plane balance in this game.
    Faction locked unbalanced vehicles was the worst idea ever.
  • The_BERG_366
    2657 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MammiBoo said:
    MammiBoo said:

i highly doubt you shot down 13 planes with 13 kills. anyways, if you did, you shot down 13 planes in the first 11 minutes of the game, and then a grand total of 2 in the remaining 20 minutes of the game, this is the corresponding report  MOBILE AA OP! Also i checked your other reports, 15 planes taken down at average you said huh? all i see is one round in which you got 15 and in every other round i saw you got significantly less. But for you that is obviously equivalent right? one round, all rounds, some rounds.... doesnt matter, all the same. one round with 15 destroys is essentially the same as an average of 15 isn't it? lmao....After all you have a history of not being so strict when it comes to the truth so im not surprised in the slightest. here are the rest of the reports: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/gamereport/psn/1246514886238231424?handle=ElitesT_PeasanT https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/gamereport/psn/1246522124298312576?handle=ElitesT_PeasanT https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/gamereport/psn/1246508031533341568?handle=ElitesT_PeasanT https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/gamereport/psn/1246500697172040576?handle=ElitesT_PeasanT also posting a video on youtube to show a scoreboard :joy:. you ever heard of screenshots?
    Aand everything proves my point. Of course your logic is as awesome as your stats bashing, cause this is everything you can do really.

The thing is I had many games when I joined late, mid game or near the end. Was an experiment that proves my point.
     I prohibited airspace for enemy team, using a tool designed for that. Even AA val I play with 4 barrel version, so I am not competing against tanks and such nor scrubbery vs infy. I played against clans stacked so was very satisfying, being only one against them. This time not in a plane but with same results.

Cry me a river Berg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmghClTBaEk
    :joy: what stats bashing? im not telling you that you or your stats are bad. im pointing out that you lie about your stats or what you claimed to do in game. youre not free to just claim whatever you want about what you did just because stats bashing isnt allowed. statsbashing doesnt protect liars like you. 

"The thing is I had many games when I joined late" lmao sure. thats why the four reports i provided (where you mostly didn't reach even close to 15 destroys) are all in perfect map rotation order and appear in your profile with time stamps that perfectly fit the round time displayed within the reports lol. but im sure you just switched after every round then wasted some time in the menus, joined a new server that is on the same map as the last server you played on is now and also happens to finish the round at pretty much exactly the same time as the last one. and you didn't do this once you did it three times in a row. multiple perfectly parallel operating servers are really something special. on top of that other players seemed to do the exact same thing as they seem to always reappear on your servers. thats really an exceptional statistical occurrence, truly outstanding :wink:.
    OR you simply played multiple rounds on one server. im sure the first scenario is a lot more convincing though. 

oh i saw this video already, thought about bashing it in my first comment but thought it was kinda off topic so i didn't. but now that you mention it in pride yourself im gladly taking the opportunity. 
    "I prohibited airspace for enemy team, using a tool designed for that. ". you do an amazing job at that i have to say. especially within the first minute when planes are litterally flying directly over your head and you still don't kill them, often not even damage them severely. thats what i call airspace denial :joy:. or look at 02:10: that spitfire doesnt care about you at all. i mean you already have literally 0 impact on any objectives because you just shoot planes that fly over your own spawn. And that one doesnt even try to evade you or anything, he could have flown on the seaside to the spawn no problem. but he decided to just straight up fly over you and still took less than 10 damage. thats what you call prohibiting airspace? :joy: this guy even comes back and flies pretty much straight at you and still gets away with his life. not only is he not being held back from flying ANYWHERE on the map, he even flies directly at you without attacking you (which is the worst thing he could possibly do) and still gets away. in what dreamworld are you living my guy? do you seriously think you were effective? 
    so in conclusion you took down three pilots in 4 minutes that all flew directly over your head (sometimes multiple times). on top of that the first two were very inexperienced. the first pilot has a grand total of 14 kills in planes lmao. you're truly showing us how good that aa is by killing players that have pretty much no experience in a planes at all and fly like bots. 
    any decent pilot would either kill you or straight up ignore you and just continuing doing what he's doing. 

• firemsn
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    what would fix the air war very fast is remove nearly all air to ground in the fighters.  Fighters go after planes, just like in BF4, fighters rarely go after ground because they are so ineffective against them.  After that, make AAA stronger against the fighters.  Those are the ones I can hammer through 3 cycles of overheating, and they know it yet they are the most fragile.  A bomber drops pretty fast to AAA, so leave them the same.  Now you have bombers bombing anf fighters fighting...   rather than the ground killing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ we have now.

• MammiBoo
    (Quote)
    :joy: what stats bashing? im not telling you that you or your stats are bad. im pointing out that you lie about your stats or what you claimed to do in game. youre not free to just claim whatever you want about what you did just because stats bashing isnt allowed. statsbashing doesnt protect liars like you. 

"The thing is I had many games when I joined late" lmao sure. thats why the four reports i provided (where you mostly didn't reach even close to 15 destroys) are all in perfect map rotation order and appear in your profile with time stamps that perfectly fit the round time displayed within the reports lol. but im sure you just switched after every round then wasted some time in the menus, joined a new server that is on the same map as the last server you played on is now and also happens to finish the round at pretty much exactly the same time as the last one. and you didn't do this once you did it three times in a row. multiple perfectly parallel operating servers are really something special. on top of that other players seemed to do the exact same thing as they seem to always reappear on your servers. thats really an exceptional statistical occurrence, truly outstanding :wink:.
    OR you simply played multiple rounds on one server. im sure the first scenario is a lot more convincing though. 

oh i saw this video already, thought about bashing it in my first comment but thought it was kinda off topic so i didn't. but now that you mention it in pride yourself im gladly taking the opportunity. 
    "I prohibited airspace for enemy team, using a tool designed for that. ". you do an amazing job at that i have to say. especially within the first minute when planes are litterally flying directly over your head and you still don't kill them, often not even damage them severely. thats what i call airspace denial :joy:. or look at 02:10: that spitfire doesnt care about you at all. i mean you already have literally 0 impact on any objectives because you just shoot planes that fly over your own spawn. And that one doesnt even try to evade you or anything, he could have flown on the seaside to the spawn no problem. but he decided to just straight up fly over you and still took less than 10 damage. thats what you call prohibiting airspace? :joy: this guy even comes back and flies pretty much straight at you and still gets away with his life. not only is he not being held back from flying ANYWHERE on the map, he even flies directly at you without attacking you (which is the worst thing he could possibly do) and still gets away. in what dreamworld are you living my guy? do you seriously think you were effective? 
    so in conclusion you took down three pilots in 4 minutes that all flew directly over your head (sometimes multiple times). on top of that the first two were very inexperienced. the first pilot has a grand total of 14 kills in planes lmao. you're truly showing us how good that aa is by killing players that have pretty much no experience in a planes at all and fly like bots. 
    any decent pilot would either kill you or straight up ignore you and just continuing doing what he's doing. 

Berg as I said your logic is heavily lacking. Val in first post was with one spec tree unlocked, german flak was with first 2 perks unlocked, if you watch final seconds i ve unlocked the third one in that video. The fact is i destroyed lots of planes with not specced maas, bombers were toasted. In the vid i destroyed Vb s you can see the czech camo and one strafing me. They came after me but i constantly moved but using cover. Or you re dead. I am not very good at maths I agree actually i have 192 kills not 190 with both maas but this is proving my point. Maa is a beast and is perfect for keeping planes at bay.
    To others that claimed that i was not against top pilots, I will say I am a top pilot, but a fact is those top pilots you will encounter in a less than one percent of the servers. So stop crying and use that.
  • WeylandYutaniCo
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why is nobody mentioning the Spitfire VB rockets, literally a fighter that blows the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ out of enemy armor with ease. MAA is the best because they’re easy to spot, I’ve gotten the game to the point where the armor was playing hide and go seek with me. Becoming one with the bush Wookiee’s, never wanted spot flares on a fighter worse.
  • CT1924
    1129 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Look, AA is much more effective at taking out infantry. Even stationary. You can land all your shots, but a plane will still have the hp to kamikaze you.
  • Hawxxeye
    7060 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wait till you meet those crazy Ju88 only pilots who have mastered the plane to the point of being able to bomb  coin from max altitude and being able to land almost every shot with the bottom rear HMG which can kill a fighter within like 3 sec.
    The only times the AA works is if the enemy plane is caught unprepared because they are busy harassing your own planes or another  nearby ground target.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I thought the reg mode MAA was buffed silently within 6.2? I did notice it was way more effective than within 5.2 where both German and Brit kinda sucked. I wish the LVT AA was as good. 

I don't know with regards to the SAA, I still see pilots with half a brain ruin that thing if the user proves annoying within pacific. 
  • The_BERG_366
    2657 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MammiBoo said:
    (Quote)

Berg as I said your logic is heavily lacking. Val in first post was with one spec tree unlocked, german flak was with first 2 perks unlocked, if you watch final seconds i ve unlocked the third one in that video. The fact is i destroyed lots of planes with not specced maas, bombers were toasted. In the vid i destroyed Vb s you can see the czech camo and one strafing me. They came after me but i constantly moved but using cover. Or you re dead. I am not very good at maths I agree actually i have 192 kills not 190 with both maas but this is proving my point. Maa is a beast and is perfect for keeping planes at bay.
    To others that claimed that i was not against top pilots, I will say I am a top pilot, but a fact is those top pilots you will encounter in a less than one percent of the servers. So stop crying and use that.

you simply can't stick with the topic now can you?
    i don't care about your unprecise claims like "bombers were toasted". fact is you claimed to destroy 15 planes at average, which is not true, not even close. you can make as many excuses as you wish, it won't change the facts.

And the video just shows you missing a lot of shots and shooting down random planes that make the mistake of flying directly over your head. except for the last one not a single one "went for you". it wasn't an intense fight that you managed to get out on top of due to your epic movement strategies. you shot at planes for four minutes litterally sitting in one spot with a resupply station 10 meters away from you without any opposition you clown. you didn't kill a single plane that wasn't litterally flying directly above you. Often time planes even flew directly above you and almost didn't take any damage. i think you need to look up what "prohibiting airspace" means, cause thats not what you did at all. 

"I will say I am a top pilot" :joy: sure you are. A top pilot without a single plane with a kpm higher than 1.(fyi: THIS was statsbashing :wink:)
  • cashm0n3y08
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    You said it yourself, good pilots will be able to counter. Why do people who hate pilots want some magic anti-air weapon that has ZERO counters? MAA is extremely effective, but like I've said multiple times before one here, not many people use it properly. Good pilots will still be able to counter, or use teamwork to deal with it, as they should, they are experienced and good at it and put in the time and effort to become good. 
  • cashm0n3y08
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Wait till you meet those crazy Ju88 only pilots who have mastered the plane to the point of being able to bomb  coin from max altitude and being able to land almost every shot with the bottom rear HMG which can kill a fighter within like 3 sec.
    The only times the AA works is if the enemy plane is caught unprepared because they are busy harassing your own planes or another  nearby ground target.
    I've encountered a few of those JU-88's in a fighter, the key is to attack it from above as the top MG on the JU-88 doesn't have good visibility. And with a really good JU pilot you have to pull off and come back again a handful of times, unskilled pilots will always try to just get behind and outshoot those HMG's and get melted every time. And with the MAA, unskilled players just start shooting at planes the minute they see them, often when they are out of range, all that does it alert the pilot of an active AA. Its better to wait until the plane is well within range before you start shooting, you'll get the element of surprise and they won't have time to get away. If they do get away, again, unskilled players usually camp the MAA right next to a resupply, which the skilled pilot is well aware of its placement, make sure you move, its called MAA for a reason. 
This discussion has been closed.