g6 is ez mode vs all planes.

Man_ILoveFishing
406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited June 2020
Hey.

How long will this continue? And why? Also did nitrous get fixed on spitfire or na?

Example of spec tree:

https://i.imgur.com/7186xkh.jpg

Comments

• Odinslayer848
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, I'm tired of the G-6's too. No reason to pick any other plane on the German side and often when playing against them there's a trio of them buzzing around. They can dogfight, go air to ground, and even bust transports no problem. If you team up with the other G-6 pilots you can even start busting tanks.

Though to be fair, and it's funny, the night fighter tub can tail and catch a G-6.
  • cashm0n3y08
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree, the only plane that can really compete is the P51D spec'd out a certain way with the maneuverability (you can pick high altitude here but I prefer maneuverability). But even with this you have to sacrifice quick repair as the nitrous replaces that slot. The G6 gets maneuverability or high altitude, nitrous, AND quick repair. And honestly I think the rockets are more effective. The Spitfire is just in the gutter at the moment, not even close to competing. 

Hopefully the G6 isn't nerfed to the level of the spitfire/p51 but rather the spitfire and p51 are buffed to the G6's level, because you can't deny that the G6 is quite fun to fly with the nitrous in the "secondary weapon slot" having the ability to toggle on and off, and the maneuverability. 
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2020
    g6 is fun and id like to see more specs on other planes too, that would be excellent. And smoke is very useful too. But to me it's really hard to understand the idea to boost plane with overkill power and leave some untouched + bringing new planes in with imo much weaker spectree, quick fix vs turbo, even tho youd need them both.
  • cashm0n3y08
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    g6 is fun and id like to see more specs on other planes too, that would be excellent. And smoke is very useful too. But to me it's really hard to understand the idea to boost plane with overkill power and leave some untouched + bringing new planes in with imo much weaker spectree, quick fix vs turbo, even tho youd need them both.
    The G6 outclasses the spit and P51 because it can keep the turbo and the quick repair at the same time, AND the turbo can be toggled off and on unlike the Spitfire which doesn't have the feature. 

For the P51D I had a tough time deciding which is more useful, quick repair, or turbo, and right now I have the turbo, only because if you don't have it, a good pilot in a G6 is going to eat you alive regardless if you get an extra 20 health or so, basically making the quick repair useless anyways. 

I was flying against a couple of my friends the other night on Twisted Steel and Panzerstorm, they are good pilots as well. The p51d that I have spec'd out at the moment was actually able to compete very well (4x HMG's, turbo, 2x missiles, maneuverability), but with that said, I still think the G6 is better. 
  • cashm0n3y08
    Yeah, I'm tired of the G-6's too. No reason to pick any other plane on the German side and often when playing against them there's a trio of them buzzing around. They can dogfight, go air to ground, and even bust transports no problem. If you team up with the other G-6 pilots you can even start busting tanks.

Though to be fair, and it's funny, the night fighter tub can tail and catch a G-6.
    The Spitfire VB, and the P51 D with the 2x missiles also have this ability. The reason the G6 outclasses these two fighters is because of its dogfighting capability. As for air to ground, the Spitfire VB is still the best choice in my opinion, but man is it a terrible dog fighter. 
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    Yea, also it's more also about escaping. You can heal, smoke and turbo away. Many times i've shaked of 2 tails with g6. And god it takes so much time fixing planes without quick repair...
  • Hawxxeye
    7961 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yea, also it's more also about escaping. You can heal, smoke and turbo away. Many times i've shaked of 2 tails with g6. And god it takes so much time fixing planes without quick repair...
    I do not know what they were thinking when they made the G-6 so perfect.
  • Odinslayer848
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The Spitfire VB, and the P51 D with the 2x missiles also have this ability. The reason the G6 outclasses these two fighters is because of its dogfighting capability. As for air to ground, the Spitfire VB is still the best choice in my opinion, but man is it a terrible dog fighter. 
    I mean yeah, that was the point I was trying to, and maybe failed, to make. The G-6 has no downsides. If you want to dogfight with the British, you have to pick VA over VB. Want a fighter that can go ATG but loses out in a dogfight as Brits, VB. P-51 D has to choose between finned barrels or maneuverability and loses quick repair to speed boost whereas the G-6 gets all four with no downside. The only plane that can compete at the same level as the G-6 is the P-70. It has speed boost, maneuverability, finned barrels, 6x hmg, and 6 rockets for ATG. That's hilarious though because it's a hollowed out bomber and not a fight plane by design.
  • cashm0n3y08
    To be honest, I'd take the P51D's 4x HMG's win NO finned barrels over whatever machine gun loadout the G6 has for the 1st spec option. Sorry I forget what it is. But the P51D's 4x HMG's eat, even without the finned barrels. But, again, even with that said I'll still take the G6 overall. 
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    edited July 2020
    So, in almost 2 weeks i played today for the first time, game took about 45mins and i'm done. I.e Al Sudan with US fighters, specially with dogfight specs what do i get? Oh yeah, enemy that i'm chasing, loops around resupply doing quick repairs while i'm on his tail. No problem, meanwhile i chase him, i got tail, guess who can't do any fixes. The game is sloppy anyway, in Al Sudan between A and F flag resupply mountains tear apart, in Hamada when flying close to cliffs, there are "invisible" cliffs. Planes stutter in air. Overall air gameplay is total struggle, especially when one has all bells and whistles and others fix planes ages aaand AA can reach out to interrupt fixing.

What is this? I just sometimes want to put all my wasted hours in this game, franchise on something else.

EDIT: Also forgot, in Al Sudan when gaining altitude and look behind, you can see how tanks disappear, it goes pop gone and when diving down, pops back, don't even need to be at high altitude ~150m.
  • rainkloud
    593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Haven't played in ages. How much health does quick repair restore? Does it vary by plane type?
  • spychodelics
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So, in almost 2 weeks i played today for the first time, game took about 45mins and i'm done. I.e Al Sudan with US fighters, specially with dogfight specs what do i get? Oh yeah, enemy that i'm chasing, loops around resupply doing quick repairs while i'm on his tail. No problem, meanwhile i chase him, i got tail, guess who can't do any fixes. The game is sloppy anyway, in Al Sudan between A and F flag resupply mountains tear apart, in Hamada when flying close to cliffs, there are "invisible" cliffs. Planes stutter in air. Overall air gameplay is total struggle, especially when one has all bells and whistles and others fix planes ages aaand AA can reach out to interrupt fixing.

What is this? I just sometimes want to put all my wasted hours in this game, franchise on something else.

EDIT: Also forgot, in Al Sudan when gaining altitude and look behind, you can see how tanks disappear, it goes pop gone and when diving down, pops back, don't even need to be at high altitude ~150m.
    Quickrepair reload should also interrupt like the normal repair when getting shot, same with bombs and rockets btw. 
  • Hawxxeye
    7961 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    rainkloud said:
    Haven't played in ages. How much health does quick repair restore? Does it vary by plane type?
    There are 2 types of quick repair:
    The general quick repair that can be used at any time and heals for 30 and does not fix parts.
    The special quick repair that replaces the general quick repair and can only be used when a relevant vehicle part is disabled and it fixes that part and heals for 10
  • tUINtUINtOfLY
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    all fighters should have a skill tree that must contain these features: altitude package, improved engine, maneuverability surface, nitro, quick repair, grooved barrel.

to be perfect: Speedometer, at some velocity, incresse the g force and the turning speed, just like bf3/bf4.
  • SirBobdk
    5341 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It has always been a bad idea to have different spec between fraction fighters.
    Skins should be the only difference. Same with bombers and attack planes.
  • cashm0n3y08
    The only thing about the G6 and fighters in general that bug me is the high altitude spec. 

The high altitude spec is for lousy pilots who need a crutch to compensate for their poor dogfighting skills. 

To me, pilots who abuse this after another fighter out-maneuvered you or got the drop on you are worse than the pilots who "suicide bail" over the non-playable area while their plane is on fire in order to deny the other pilot a kill. 
  • rainkloud
    593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only thing about the G6 and fighters in general that bug me is the high altitude spec. 

The high altitude spec is for lousy pilots who need a crutch to compensate for their poor dogfighting skills. 

To me, pilots who abuse this after another fighter out-maneuvered you or got the drop on you are worse than the pilots who "suicide bail" over the non-playable area while their plane is on fire in order to deny the other pilot a kill. 
    As someone who was a big advocate of having planes have varying performance at different altitudes (which ultimately manifested itself into the high altitude spec) to break up the mind numbingly boring circle fest meta of BF3/4 I have to tell you that your words warm my heart. The fact that you not only think that pilots who use the spec to their advantage are "lousy" and "abusing" it by using it exactly as how it was intended reminds me that BFV did have a few saving graces.

Oh and your name is cashm0n3y08 - The symmetry here is simply sublime.
  • xKusagamix
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2020
    Asymmetrical vehicles is garbage and especially the upgrade spec. Aside from difference models for each faction, they should alway have the same spec.
  • rainkloud
    Asymmetrical vehicles is garbage and especially the upgrade spec. Aside from difference models for each faction, they should alway have the same spec.
    Antiquated, outdated and obsolete. Asymmetry introduces more variety and reduces the instances of stale predictable meta emerging that favors elite pilots who master one specific facet of combat. Taking players out of their comfort zone is generally a good thing. I don't want to see 20 planes in the game but they're all Ryu vs Ryu color swapped gis.

Having said that, execution (as in most things) is paramount so asymmetry done well is heads and shoulders above clone vehicles but much worse if done poorly. 

• Hawxxeye
    edited July 2020
    rainkloud said:
    Antiquated, outdated and obsolete. Asymmetry introduces more variety and reduces the instances of stale predictable meta emerging that favors elite pilots who master one specific facet of combat. Taking players out of their comfort zone is generally a good thing. I don't want to see 20 planes in the game but they're all Ryu vs Ryu color swapped gis.

Having said that, execution (as in most things) is paramount so asymmetry done well is heads and shoulders above clone vehicles but much worse if done poorly. 

You need to always assume that DICE will do something poorly. Especially right now.
    So it is better to have them do something simple that can be effed up less royally than something more complex gone wrong.