BF1 Servers DEAD, revive game by making it FREE!!

FX_terrorFX
29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

One or two servers WORLDWIDE have players, and not always, very sad to see how this game has died.

BF1 Servers are DEAD,  they should revive the game by making it FREE!!
There's a real thought, why don't they just give the game away for free?
It will be like a test for EA/Dice to see if there were any players willing to play it for free at this point, rather than buy it when not a single server is available.
IMO they can get all kinds of valuable data from such a move and even market the next title or promote upcoming releases with this FREE for all move. Just a penny for your thoughts.

Comments

• disposalist
    8956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

One or two servers WORLDWIDE have players, and not always, very sad to see how this game has died.

It will be like a test for EA/Dice to see if there were any players willing to play it for free at this point, rather than buy it when not a single server is available.
    IMO they can get all kinds of valuable data from such a move and even market the next title or promote upcoming releases with this FREE for all move. Just a penny for your thoughts.

What platform/region? I see  few servers even at like 3am EU/PC. At prime time there's more like 30 servers and that's just conquest.

I hear there's even more on console.

You sure you are using the filters right?
  • CSO7777
    1845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 28

What platform/region? I see  few servers even at like 3am EU/PC. At prime time there's more like 30 servers and that's just conquest.

I hear there's even more on console.

You sure you are using the filters right?

I play in Europe and also see lots of servers active in the evenings (on PC at least). Something must be wrong with your search for servers.

Some game-modes are perhaps dead, but conquest is very much alive and doing well.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Because DICE and EA are a business and not a charity?...
  • HugoPlayNow
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've logged on to BF1 on a Thursday evening 8:00 PM Eastern time USA. ( XBox1. Conquest Mode.)

The servers were almost completely empty.  I was shocked to see no one playing!  I got depressed that my favorite online game was on it's way out.  

The auto game matching never works, so I have to manually select my own server....been a few weeks since I last check to see if it was picking up at all.

Sometimes I feel videogames as a whole are in a lull.  Not much online activity, and not much in the way of new A list games being released.  Plus games are so complex, they are in 3 year cycles it seems.
  • PackersDK
    897 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 29
    Since August I’ve had one single instance where I could find no servers for Operations - a Tuesday, pre-corona virus, waiting at home for a plumber to arrive, it was 8:30 in the morning. 

Besides that little traumatic experience, I have had no problems at all finding servers for what is in fact not even the most popular mode, Ops.

Anybody who says the game is dead is either living somewhere very remote or their search settings are screwed up. 

One would think, that as you go to the official BF1 forum to complain of a completely dead game and you see said forum being alive and active, that some sort of dime would drop. 

I’m in EU, PS4.
  • Ronin9572
    1309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    US East Coast plenty of servers here! Never use quick match, been broken for years. Also check your search parameters and set for 0 ppl, that will show you all available servers. Some game modes are tough to find, but Conquest, TDM, and Operations campaign should be available.
  • GerocK-
    691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The game is more than active enough to have a full game every time you want to play in Europe.
    But even if it wasn't; making the game free is no solution. 

- The game was already 50% off three months after release
    - The game has been sale many times after that
    - The game is €20 now with the introduction on Steam
    - The game is free to play for players with Origin Access

Everyone who ever wanted to play Battlefield 1 will have the game by now. And besides that; if you can make a new account for free, it's even more inviting for people to start cheating.
  • BigF33t_13
    6838 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    There's really nothing to gain  for EA by making the game free.  That's not to say they won't ever, but it's highly unlikely. Of course there's been a few rumors that the next Battlefield may be free to play. I've never been a fan of that model though, as it usually pay to win.
  • Forkbeard84
    1848 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 wrote: »
    US East Coast plenty of servers here! Never use quick match, been broken for years. Also check your search parameters and set for 0 ppl, that will show you all available servers. Some game modes are tough to find, but Conquest, TDM, and Operations campaign should be available.

This.

Op there are plenty of games. Set empty slots to None to show full games.
  • ssjsnoop
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ronin9572 wrote: »

This.

Op there are plenty of games. Set empty slots to None to show full games.
    Yes, exactly. I see tons of full servers every time I play.

What i really want them to do is make all dlc free and not for a limited time, forever.

It sucks never playing the DLC ops anymore unless they're in campaign ops.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1391 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Plenty of servers US East PS4 on Conquest, TDM, Operations and usually 1 or 2 of an unpopular mode.
  • FX_terrorFX
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 29
    It's dead on PC. One or two servers at most, that is DEAD in the population of the WORLD!!!
    They would give the game away for free, but charge for content, and promote future titles while gathering valuable data for their sacrifice. It's not a loss, it's actually a way to get the most out of a old game.... smart to give the base game away for free for a limited time to boost the game sales and liven up the servers.
  • Ronin9572
    1309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ssjsnoop wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Yes, exactly. I see tons of full servers every time I play.

What i really want them to do is make all dlc free and not for a limited time, forever.

It sucks never playing the DLC ops anymore unless they're in campaign ops.

Their still charging $15 for each dlc, and $40 for Premium pass. No way in hell they'll give it away for free.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's dead on PC. One or two servers at most, that is DEAD in the population of the WORLD!!!They would give the game away for free, but charge for content, and promote future titles while gathering valuable data for their sacrifice. It's not a loss, it's actually a way to get the most out of a old game.... smart to give the base game away for free for a limited time to boost the game sales and liven up the servers.

What if I told you... and get this right: That EA doesn’t want an old game like Battlefield 1 to survive?

EA wants you to buy the newest title that’s out and not linger around on old titles like 3, 4 and 1. That’s why they conveniently announce that they’re dropping support (content wise) right before the next BF title comes out. For example:

- BF1 Monthly updates were stopped in June 2018 just as BFV was announced.
    - Very recently, BFV’s content updates were stopped this month (June 2020) in preparation for the announcement of the next Battlefield title, whatever it may be.

Point is, there’s very little money to be made if at all when people linger around in old sunset games. I’m not saying it’s fair, it’s just the way it is.
  • ssjsnoop
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    But didn't they make all of Bf4's dlc free?
  • ElliotLH
    9554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ssjsnoop wrote: »
    But didn't they make all of Bf4's dlc free?

Yep. They've also given away the DLCs and Premium for BF1 in the past. They even gave away BF1 itself on Xbox a little while back (this might have just been on Xbox though).
  • TheGM86
    917 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why did you do it Battlefield 1 forum users? why do you hate women so much you refuse to play Battlefield V? Why are you so racist against women to play BFV? WHY WHY WHY! - Dice.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wasted my time downloading BF1 again.

The server browser is full of empty servers on PS4.

You can get a game if you queue but it looks pretty dead overall.

• TheGM86
    917 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wasted my time downloading BF1 again.

The server browser is full of empty servers on PS4.

You can get a game if you queue but it looks pretty dead overall.

Still alive and kicking on The Xbox.
    Xbox is best Box.
  • RossP317
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Am I missing something. Are these numerous 'game is dead' comments folk trolling?

EU PS4 there are 40+ servers during the day and it's been over 100 in recent weeks at peak times.

People are either at it or can't use the filters.