BF1 Servers DEAD, revive game by making it FREE!!

Comments

• wsupchris1222444
    963 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think if the game was free including the Battlefield Pass. We would see a massive increase off players on both consoles.

Also I think anyone who purchases Battlefield V should also get the game for free.

This is EA we are talking about so no way in hell that will happen. I dont know how much bf1 sells for but it shouldn't be full price and neither should premium. At some point, premium should become free for a week or so.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1304 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 1
    (off-topic content removed by moderator)
    ---

The words "EA" and "free" do not belong in the same sentence together.
    Post edited by Carbonic on
  • ElliotLH
    9589 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think if the game was free including the Battlefield Pass. We would see a massive increase off players on both consoles.

Also I think anyone who purchases Battlefield V should also get the game for free.

This is EA we are talking about so no way in hell that will happen. I dont know how much bf1 sells for but it shouldn't be full price and neither should premium. At some point, premium should become free for a week or so.

From the really quick look I just had the base game is around £20 and Premium is about £35. The Revolution version is only £35 from the look of things though.

Like you, I can't see EA making BF1 permanently free but I do remember Premium being given away in the past (twice, possibly) and BF1 itself has been given away on Xbox before. Guess there's no reason they won't do this again.
  • Ronin9572
    1316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Not sure what it goes for on other platforms but on PS4 the base game goes for $8-20, premium goes for $20-40, and Evolution goes for $8-40. I've seen sales on any of these only last a day. They'll never give the base game or Evolution away, just surprised they haven't given Premium away for free again.
  • Bluemoon2393
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

From the really quick look I just had the base game is around £20 and Premium is about £35. The Revolution version is only £35 from the look of things though.

Like you, I can't see EA making BF1 permanently free but I do remember Premium being given away in the past (twice, possibly) and BF1 itself has been given away on Xbox before. Guess there's no reason they won't do this again.

The problem lies with Sony and Microsoft as they dictate what price the game is. Yes both have sales now again but also EA is in control as well with the prices.

I think Battlefield 1 with Pass should cost £5-10 because its a game that's been developed years ago and also the price will attract players compared to £30-40.

It would be nice to give the game away for free but EA like wsupchris1222444 said won't give it away. Also if they did give the game away. They should give the Pass for free as well.

My idea off getting Battlefield 1 free with every purchase off Battlefield V is a good idea but I don't think EA would ever do this.
  • dbibby88
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I recently bought this game again for my laptop and I am trying to find a good price for the Premium. It's a bit annoying knowing you have to pay for it again, even though I had already purchased it for PS4 at launch. I'm also quite gutted knowing it was free to download when BF5 came out. 

I know it's a long shot, but Im hoping in the not to distant future it will become free again. I checked Origin this morning and they've price dropped it from £34.99 down to £10.49, but this still seems to expensive for what is essentially DLC for a 4 year old game.

I'm seeing a lot of people playing this on PC and on PS4 with lots of full servers and occasionally even a War Pigeon (my favourite mode) pop up. With Dice adding in weekly rotation servers it's made me want to play the DLC maps more. 
  • RossP317
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You'd think it would be simple economics to reduce the price at this stage.

I can't imagine anyone would be willing to pay $/£/€35 for a title this old but they might give it a shot sub 10.

And that might mean another person interested in BF and willing to buy BF6 went it arrives.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4409 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not in EA;s interests. More players, means that they have to pay for and support the servers for longer. They want this title to wither on the vine now.....Its short sighted though. They should be doing everything they can right now to appease their loyal customers that still play their older games following the BFV disaster. 
  • Titan_Awaken
    1304 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 4
    RossP317 said:

I can't imagine anyone would be willing to pay $/£/€35 for a title this old but they might give it a shot sub 10.

And that might mean another person interested in BF and willing to buy BF6 went it arrives.
    I mean Activision still charges the full $60 USD for past CoD games released years ago. Like Black Ops II (released in 2012) is still $60 USD sooo.....
  • Trokey66
    9140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RossP317 wrote: »

Not if the game is still selling at the higher price though......
  • Ronin9572
    1316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 4
    (Quote)
    I mean Activision still charges the full $60 USD for past CoD games released years ago. Like Black Ops II (released in 2012) is still $60 USD sooo.....

The Division base game still goes for $40-50 thru the PS store. I got it free thru trial and D2 for free from PS plus
  • kc_denton
    1 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No. Making a game free will only make matters worst when we have anonymous players abusing the game.

Bring back bots, like in Battlefield 1942 from 2002.
  • SpoolaZ
    206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    If the servers are dead, it must be because people do not like playing BF1. What does it help to release it for free then? The only ones who will benefit from it are those who get their accounts banned, and want to start a new account .If someone even gets banned of course. And that does not solve the problem anyway, because this game series has not got its reputation of being the most cheat-friendly game of all for nothing.
    So it is better that they charge for the game than to release it for free.
    So what sensible person wants to come back to play with artificial aimers.

• Greeny_Huwjarz
    4409 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SpoolaZ wrote: »
    If the servers are dead, it must be because people do not like playing BF1. What does it help to release it for free then? The only ones who will benefit from it are those who get their accounts banned, and want to start a new account .If someone even gets banned of course. And that does not solve the problem anyway, because this game series has not got its reputation of being the most cheat-friendly game of all for nothing.
    So it is better that they charge for the game than to release it for free.So what sensible person wants to come back to play with artificial aimers.

Strange argument. If the servers are empty then better to have some BF1 by making it deee than no BF1 at all.

Sounds like you would rather have no game and a game where you sometimes encounter cheaters.

No cheaters on console (who make up the mast majority) so anything that brings new players is welcome.

All academic. Won’t happen.
  • RRedux
    759 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So it is better that they charge for the game than to release it for free.So what sensible person wants to come back to play with artificial aimers.

Strange argument. If the servers are empty then better to have some BF1 by making it deee than no BF1 at all.

Sounds like you would rather have no game and a game where you sometimes encounter cheaters.

No cheaters on console (who make up the mast majority) so anything that brings new players is welcome.

The future of BF is probably on console with m+k, only way to avoid the majority of cheaters
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    RRedux said:

The future of BF is probably on console with m+k, only way to avoid the majority of cheaters
    Could not agree more....
  • IKobi_Blade
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    People seem to forget what happened to Battlefield 3, since it was given away the game pretty much died due to the high influx of cheaters.

I personally do not want Battlefield 1 to be given away whasoever (there's already enough scum in-game with 60-0 scores), as for Premium (DLCs) it was already given away multiple times.

Saying EA doesn't want people to play the game beyond the supported date is ridiculous as well, Battlefield 3 Servers are still up after all this years.
  • SpoolaZ
    206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    RRedux said:

Could not agree more....

For consoles, everything can be free if the publishers want it that way. But for PCs, they can easily charge for everything and a little more.
  • PSJackman4
    316 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    well BF1 is gonna be free for PS+!! Hopefully the player base grows from this! 
  • Titan_Awaken
    (Quote)

For consoles, everything can be free if the publishers want it that way. But for PCs, they can easily charge for everything and a little more.

Is that why there’s a push from AAA publishers to raise the base price of video games across ALL PLATFORMS from $60 to $70 USD despite being ridden with microtransactions, season passes, battle passes and virtual gambling?

Damn PC players ruining everything for everyone! /s