Hellriegel Defensive

A_al_K_pacino_A
1084 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Not long ago unlocked this gun after not playing for a while and this gun is almost cheating yet I don't think I've died to it since coming back, why is that?

Comments

• TheGM86
    915 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Because it is trash.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1084 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was getting on okay with it.
  • WetFishDB
    2329 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was getting on okay with it.
    I can get on okay with most guns, but that doesn't mean that some of them (including the Hellriegel Defensive) are pretty trash.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    654 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not long ago unlocked this gun after not playing for a while and this gun is almost cheating yet I don't think I've died to it since coming back, why is that?

Best gun for assault would be automatico trench
  • MarxistDictator
    5249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Best assault gun is the M1912 experimental, frames to kill at all ranges are mental. But human error exists so other guns are viable.

Hellriegel Defensive is just a Hellriegel with more bullets but the recoil of an SMG 08/18. Why not just take the superior damage output over time and per bullet of the SMG then?
  • Forkbeard84
    1848 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The defensive has a bipod too right?

But even then why not just play support with a 1917 lmg or some other bipoded lmg thats got a lot less recoil than the defensive.
  • PackersDK
    895 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The defensive has a bipod too right?

But even then why not just play support with a 1917 lmg or some other bipoded lmg thats got a lot less recoil than the defensive.

Pretty much my thoughts. Unless you for some reason are determined to also use the anti-tank gun most of a game, then I can’t see the reason for a bi-pod primary weapon as Assault. 

Perhaps the OP is on PC, on PS4 anyway I think Hellriegel Defensive has too much recoil. I’d go for the MP 18 any day. 
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    No I play on PS4. Did have a bit of luck with the bipod shooting to C from a window on A side of the water on Albion though. I dont lay about prone though and this gun is miles better close in than one of those lmgs.

Its funny how opinions can change a bit though as yesterday I was struggling with it. One game on Argoone really wasn't helped by the server  feeling really laggy and playng at what seemed to be about 10 fps but the next round I had to give up with it,  the recoil was just too much for me the way I was playing.

MarxistDictator said:
    Best assault gun is the M1912 experimental, frames to kill at all ranges are mental. But human error exists so other guns are viable.

Hellriegel Defensive is just a Hellriegel with more bullets but the recoil of an SMG 08/18. Why not just take the superior damage output over time and per bullet of the SMG then?
    M1912 is the machine pistol? Never got round to using it, I think its because I never unlocked the regular one and was almost finished with the game when the experimental was added(but maybe my memory is playing tricks with me.

Sure the SMG 08 is  better this thread was more about never seeing the defensive. Ive seen plenty of 50+* smg 08's and regular Hellreigals but not this gun. Maybe I missed a few when I wasn't playing and now the people playing are more likely to stick to what they're most happy with.
  • MarxistDictator
    5249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah the burst fire version. It basically doesn’t incur spread when firing at max speed unless suppressed so you can pull some sub-400ms TTKs out to a wide distance for an SMG, while still having the fastest TTK up close. It is harder to use but on paper I think this is the best overall gun in the kit. Storm has too much spread and side to side kick.

The Hellriegel Defensive is worse than a Ribbeyrolles at the same role so I was just remarking as such. As a bullethose SMG it is outclassed by the SMG 08/18. It’s not a bad gun it just sits in a weird place where it doesn’t really do anything better than anything else. It is a weird hodgepodge of the Rib and SMG 08/18, but then again that wasn’t really needed to begin with.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have around 5600 kills with the Hellriegel Defensive solely for the bipod and the 120 bullet mag-size.

Ocassionally I will be hitting the deck when I know there will be coming a full squad from a certain flag-side or outflank and then hose down an entire squad on certain areas of maps.

I do not like the SMG08 simply beacause of the label "sweaty tryhard" you get automaticly attached to your GT on the scoreboard.

So for me its not wether which role the Hellriegel Def is playing compared to other guns but simply the fact that it fits my (lazy) playstyle from time to time...

• HANSGRUBER30
    3089 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Just gotten around to using the M1912 experimental and I was surprised by how much of a beast it is, you can really take on targets at further distances than most smgs which seems to catch people out, not sure if it beats the Ribbeyrolles at distance but it must be close fight between the two. Up close it does the job as well if you've got a good trigger finger. I find myself playing more tactically with it than I do with other SMG due to the long reload time which also makes for a fun challenge when playing, trying to get a 8 round tactical reload or a full 16 round one. Don't want to be caught out with a long reload because there's 2 rounds left in the gun.