might as well just get rid of planes

Bigsmokeyjoeps4
3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
since the update and the reduction in damage caused by rockets on armour you may as well just get rid of planes. you can't have a decent dogfight anymore if there's a single Valentine or panzerflak they just anhialate you and takes far too many hits to destroy them.
All this encourages is for people to sit in spawn and constantly reload their vehicles. I'd say keep the power on the aa but increase the rocket damage power so at least pilots have a chance of hitting the aa vehicles. either this or have a planes only map like coral sea in by 1943 so at least us pilots can have a decent dogfight again.

Comments

• Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Guess you didn´t try G6, P51D and P70 then. 🦆
  • Bigsmokeyjoeps4
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    of course my staple us the g6 or p51d but on some maps a well placed aa leaves no chance for a good old fashioned dog fight. I put 16 rockets in to a panzerfkak before he died that's just far too many.
  • fragnstein
    834 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 6
    Guess you didn´t try G6, P51D and P70 then. 🦆

The p70 destroys tanks even with the quick repair being using while being hit with the barrage of rockets

Whats the point of starting another "dogfight" topic when you created this topic?
  • tempo_rarity
    1377 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pilot ignores the fact there are a whopping Thirty-One possible 'AA-removers' on their Team . . .  Thirty-Two , with a bit of mentioned-as-missing acquired skill .

Pre-attack plans ; as found in a ton of war movies and in two modern-day 'real' wars ; always includes taking out the Enemy's anti-air capabilities first .
    You may skip that first step if you like but be prepared to pay a very high cost for doing so .

Historically , Planes remove me from AA's only half the time .
    The other half of the time it's due to the actions of some of those Missing Thirty-One , currently AWOL from your Team .
  • Hawxxeye
    7773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 6
    You just need to use the right planes for the job and to be somewhat aware of active AA users.

Also like the dude above said. It is normal for the ground forces to be expected to do something about the enemy AA emplacements before the close air support flies in. Of course that raises the issue of too long AA range from the spawn zones that the ground forces cannot reach.
  • cashm0n3y08
    270 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pilot ignores the fact there are a whopping Thirty-One possible 'AA-removers' on their Team . . .  Thirty-Two , with a bit of mentioned-as-missing acquired skill .

Most of the AA I encounter as a veteran pilot is from the spawn, where my teammates can't reach them. Let's be fair here. 
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    397 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Most of the AA I encounter as a veteran pilot is from the spawn..." so they doesnt seem to be dangerous... just imagine how horrible an spawn AA can be on Panzerstorm :D or just imagine the bloodshet a british MAA sitting on Al Sundan spawn... :D
  • Hawxxeye
    7773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "Most of the AA I encounter as a veteran pilot is from the spawn..." so they doesnt seem to be dangerous... just imagine how horrible an spawn AA can be on Panzerstorm :D or just imagine the bloodshet a british MAA sitting on Al Sundan spawn... :D
    One of my favorite memories in BFV is being shot down by a spawn zone MAA on Panzerstorm then spawning in an Archer valentine and going all the way to the other side of the map, finding and sniping that MAA with the Archer valentine and the MAA driver being like "O_O...well played"
  • Netranger9
    214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wont bother me at all.The 2 things in BFV that get my goat up is planes and tanks farming for all they are worth.No offence to anyone but the term tryhard coward comes to mind.

• Hawxxeye
    edited July 7
    Wont bother me at all.The 2 things in BFV that get my goat up is planes and tanks farming for all they are worth.No offence to anyone but the term tryhard coward comes to mind.

The infantry equivalent of that is maining assault or a type 2A medic (previously suommi medic)
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    397 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Hawxxeye: But you must admit that there is little to no reason to fly with your plane across the whole map of panzerstorm to come into range... i like that story but most AA spawn campers have little value... and as such is a bad argument
  • Hawxxeye
    edited July 7
    @Hawxxeye: But you must admit that there is little to no reason to fly with your plane across the whole map of panzerstorm to come into range... i like that story but most AA spawn campers have little value... and as such is a bad argument
    They have a value at making openings for opportunistic pilots to finish off my wounded plane.
    You do not need to go that far to be in range even in the panzerstorm. I am pretty sure the AA from the spawn can reach past the halfway point.
  • 123loreni
    146 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

The infantry equivalent of that is maining assault or a type 2A medic (previously suommi medic)
    what do you mean previously?
  • Hawxxeye
    123loreni said:
    Hawxxeye said:

what do you mean previously?
    I mean that Suommi has been superseded by the type 2A for most uses
  • KPNuts74
    696 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds like a good idea
  • Celsi_GER
    893 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just another example of bad implementation by Dice.

The original problem with AA was that the damage they dealt was not enough and the result was AA users were easily bombed or rocketed over and over again. People complained with good reason that AA wasn’t strong enough.

The range was never an issue. A fighter plane can still today absorb a ton of shots from AA especially if equipped with quick repair. This usually enables a fighter to turn around and avoid being destroyed.

Dice being Dice decided to increase the range which was a horrible decision now two MAA can lock down 2/3 of Panzerstorm with ease effectively making bomber planes useless aside from a suicide bombing run.

What they needed to do was increase the damage but also decrease the amount of shots that the AA can fire before overheating and leave the range alone.

If a plane flies over or near an objective with a manned SAA or if it flies over an area of the map where a MAA is it should run the risk of being shot down.

What’s happening now is because the 40mm and MAA are so effective, pilots are facing at least two players using AA at all times and the range is so ridiculous that pilots can do nothing but farm armor and infantry on their half of the map. Dogfighting only takes place if the enemy pilot is crazy enough to come on wrong side of the map.

I would never pay $15 for a paint job on a plane if I can’t even get near the halfway point of the map without being blasted by AA. It’s literally stupid ridiculous. The damage is still too low against fighters and the range is just stupid far like 300 meters to far.

And paint jobs should cost 500 boins not 1500 boins lol Dice I swear to God you people just don’t think at all. I’m pretty sure I paid $29.99 for BFV not long after release and you think I’m dumb enough to spend $15 on a paint job? You really think a couple cosmetics are worth half the amount as a full fledge AAA game?

You need to hire some people at Dice who actually think before implementing dumb ideas.

Very good and true post!
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 8
    If a plane flies over or near an objective with a manned SAA or if it flies over an area of the map where a MAA is it should run the risk of being shot down.

What’s happening now is because the 40mm and MAA are so effective, pilots are facing at least two players using AA at all times and the range is so ridiculous that pilots can do nothing but farm armor and infantry on their half of the map. Dogfighting only takes place if the enemy pilot is crazy enough to come on wrong side of the map.

Yep that is what air is like now. Boring as hell even if its easy to get many kills. (this quote system is just broken)
  • iwashighwayman
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    since the update and the reduction in damage caused by rockets on armour you may as well just get rid of planes. you can't have a decent dogfight anymore if there's a single Valentine or panzerflak they just anhialate you and takes far too many hits to destroy them.
    All this encourages is for people to sit in spawn and constantly reload their vehicles. I'd say keep the power on the aa but increase the rocket damage power so at least pilots have a chance of hitting the aa vehicles. either this or have a planes only map like coral sea in by 1943 so at least us pilots can have a decent dogfight again.

I m so sorry that pilots have just a little bit of trouble to go 100-0 now.
    I really love how some pilots act like it s the end of the world.
  • TheySprayTheSky
    43 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I m so sorry that pilots have just a little bit of trouble to go 100-0 now.
    I really love how some pilots act like it s the end of the world.

Your right pilots shouldn’t be able to go 100 - 0 nor should tankers but that’s an issue that revolves around how easy it is to repair vehicles back to full health and utilize the quick repair perk. I strongly encourage you to try to fly planes on maps like Arras, Panzerstorm, Twisted Steel, Iwo Jima, Wake Island, etc. and see just how far the AA range is for yourself. You can’t understand it from the pilot’s perspective if you haven’t experienced it first hand. SAA and MAA should do more damage to fighters (because they are faster and more maneuverable) but also be subject to a range reduction and a faster overheat. That’s where the proper balance between AA and planes lies. AA it it’s current state can dominate far to large an area of a map. It literally makes ground farming infantry and armor easier to accomplish without fear of an enemy plane having a chance to destroy you if you have AA protection. That should be the exact opposite of what ground forces want.