might as well just get rid of planes

Comments

• Celsi_GER
    893 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 4
    Agreed, if "buffed AA too much" refers to SAA range.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER wrote: »
    Agreed, if "buffed AA too much" refers to SAA range.

Yes, damage is not the problem in this case.
  • SAP-ReApEr
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 4
    Well just left Narvik and 3 planes went 40+ and approx 1-2  deaths avg. I was lit up 20 times trying to use an AA. With LAG from the UK it was not possible. I did not hit any plane once.  I normally avg 8 plane kills.  learn to fly is in order I think

• MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AA is fine. Except for range, it could be a little shorter. The flieger on the other hand, is waayyyyy OP.  Ruins the game.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh yeah, also that. When planes collide, usually one survives. No ty.
  • AngrySquid270
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    AA is fine. Except for range, it could be a little shorter. The flieger on the other hand, is waayyyyy OP.  Ruins the game.

What changes would you make to the FF to balance it?
  • Callisto90
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Clearly the AA needed a buff on damage, But they have gone way overboard with it's range. 90% of plane maps they reach ALL the way back to the resupply which isn't even in the infantries uncap. And because of this they now reach all the way to the ceiling across majority of the map as well. Now with that being said if you have a teammate who you can communicate with it is possible to take them out. It just takes time and co-ordination. 
    Explosive rounds on the Pacific theatre planes needed a nerf, But now they're so useless it's easier and quicker to use the generic cannons on infantry.

The FF did not need a buff though. There is absolutely no reason for an infantry to 1 shot a vehicle. Even before the FF Buff it was 92 damage and you were capable of reloading and hitting that last 8 damage before they got away. The FF imo should do no more than 60, or it should shoot incredibly slow between those 2 rocket pods and be reduced back 92.(Which is still ludicrously high damage for 1 weapon)
    Just think it takes 3 C-4, 1 rocket and an anti tank grenade to take down a tank on your own. Imagine if the Bazooka 1 shot a tank, that's what the FF is to planes, a 1 shot bazooka.
    Makes no sense that people can go 80-0 in a tank and no one bats an eyelid, but a plane does it and people complain.

It should take teamwork to take down vehicles not the 007's goldengun.
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    397 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "The FF did not need a buff though. There is absolutely no reason for an infantry to 1 shot a vehicle. Even before the FF Buff it was 92 damage and you were capable of reloading and hitting that last 8 damage before they got away. The FF imo should do no more than 60, or it should shoot incredibly slow between those 2 rocket pods and be reduced back 92.(Which is still ludicrously high damage for 1 weapon)"
    --------------------------
    Nope, it was max 90 damage before... towards medium ground attack planes, except the mosquito, and the bombers the FF damage has not changed and its not that easy as you state to hit the 2nd salvo... as most planes will be already far away, its not impossibel but its rare for most FF users...
    -------------------------
    Sure on the pacific battleground the FF might be more powerful as all planes are "fighter" and the overall more "compact" mapdesign... but i play 99% vanilla maps and there things differs...
    ------------------------
    And if those maps where AA can reach every corner "myth" are "Arras" then the problem is that the map is just too small for AA "AND" Aircraft but i guess DICE wanted another "combined arms" maps althaugh it was not suited for that...
  • Celsi_GER
    893 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 8
    Callisto90 wrote: »
    Clearly the AA needed a buff on damage, But they have gone way overboard with it's range. 90% of plane maps they reach ALL the way back to the resupply which isn't even in the infantries uncap. And because of this they now reach all the way to the ceiling across majority of the map as well. Now with that being said if you have a teammate who you can communicate with it is possible to take them out. It just takes time and co-ordination. 
    Explosive rounds on the Pacific theatre planes needed a nerf, But now they're so useless it's easier and quicker to use the generic cannons on infantry.

The FF did not need a buff though. There is absolutely no reason for an infantry to 1 shot a vehicle. Even before the FF Buff it was 92 damage and you were capable of reloading and hitting that last 8 damage before they got away. The FF imo should do no more than 60, or it should shoot incredibly slow between those 2 rocket pods and be reduced back 92.(Which is still ludicrously high damage for 1 weapon)
    Just think it takes 3 C-4, 1 rocket and an anti tank grenade to take down a tank on your own. Imagine if the Bazooka 1 shot a tank, that's what the FF is to planes, a 1 shot bazooka.
    Makes no sense that people can go 80-0 in a tank and no one bats an eyelid, but a plane does it and people complain.

Really? Compare the damage on a heavily armored tank with the damage on a not-at-all-amoured plane which is OHKed by the Fliegerfaust only under perfect conditions?

Being very vulnerable is the natural disadvantage of a plane. Like it is it's natural advantages that it is fast and can move in 3 dimensions.
  • Celsi_GER
    If you add that you will typically find the ace pilot in forums to endlessly complain about anything that might scratch at his godlike status, your explanation could go to Wikipedia right away.
  • DingoKillr
    4352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

90% of maps that is only if your enemies takes flags with AA closer to you, which is fair. If you are talking about from the enemy base spawn then your figure is wrong.

Why should planes have a right to open air free from risk, when no other aspect has that. Pilots ask for fairness, yet don't want the same risk as others.

If it takes you 3 dynamite, AT rocket and Grenade, you are doing something wrong.
  • Callisto90
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Nope, it was max 90 damage before... towards medium ground attack planes, except the mosquito, and the bombers the FF damage has not changed and its not that easy as you state to hit the 2nd salvo... as most planes will be already far away, its not impossibel but its rare for most FF users...

Was 92 on fighters. 
    And yes it is easy you shoot at a plane strafing your flag, you reload turn around and shoot again, it's not like lobbing a tank shell or a panzerfaust.
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    Sorry, than my "skill" is just not good enough to land 2x2 salvos with ease at certain distances to let this happen a lot... but sometimes planes just go out of sight behind mountains and hills until ive reloaded... but this is my lack of skill too... or when they start things like altering the course... just so easy to do it... nah just my skill... so... low...
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    edited August 9
    Celsi_GER said:
    If you add that you will typically find the ace pilot in forums to endlessly complain about anything that might scratch at his godlike status, your explanation could go to Wikipedia right away.
    Strong opinion there boy. Take look at mirror and see whos typical complainer here, i find it anyways funny, you say you don't need to fly to see our problem and yet can post this comment. I find this fricking forum total bs anyways, can't have normal conv cause someone ground is right all the time.
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    So why all those pilots who did "some" AA work because for them only the opinion of someone from inside a plane is valid... never complain about some basic non range AA imbalance? Arras: brits are sitting on 2 "mobile" SAA at spawn while germans only have 1... why do the american have on twisted steel that juicy SAA point at G while the equivalent SAA point for the german is the lousy one at A? why do the brits start on hamada again with 2 SAA at spawn, 1 "mobile" one with really good line of sights to prevent the "dumb" alpha strikes while the german again start only with 1 SAA with a bad line of sight, the brits can litteraly do even the "dumbest" of alpha strikes without any chance of counter if the germans dont pick a MAA.
    Maybe someone just see and notice things when doing something REALLY long enough. I mean sure, i shall fly for opion? How long? Until i match your skills? How long must one fly to have an opnion? To really see and notice "everything" and to go through those "bad" rounds and those "good" rounds to finally summarize a fair opnion based around the "avarage" round...
    ------
    I could even say that my kill count dropped badly since the patch doing my AA job as usual... that it really seems that you face overall more competent pilots and that everyone not having played as much AA as me is wrong with everything... the problem is i cant because people playing as much AA as me, can and will most propably say that nothing have changed and my guts will still say that my "avarage" round is worse than before... and now iam arguing with people, following "THIS" argument, who must be right because they do the thing i do and are better in it...
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    I could even argue with terminator now about sonething really unimportent like did the FF max 90 damage to everything or 92 max damage to fighters before... he might be right but my guts again would say... i never ever saw this damage number... althaugh of course i never "always" payed attention to this... even if i saw a video i would thing that this must have been some ultra rare circumstance... somehow funny...
  • AngrySquid270
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Plenty of people have spoken out about tanks, I don't think I'd have to search hard to find topics filled with people upset with the tank balance.

These discussions about vehicle balance come up anytime DICE performs a significant buff/nerf. Back when tank splash damage got buffed and AT rockets got nerfed we had topics debating tank/infantry balance. That was months ago.

Now with the AA buff it's time to debate air/ground balance.

Also to be clear here it's been the pilots driving these discussions and making the loudest complaints. If pilots want to make topics claiming that 'air game play is ruined' and 'might as well get rid of planes' then I think it's fair to expect that people will point out that great pilots are still putting up ridiculous stat lines.
    And yes it is easy you shoot at a plane strafing your flag, you reload turn around and shoot again,

Pilot exaggeration #78.

Wait, no actually you're right. It is easy to shoot at the plane, then shoot at it again. Actually getting a kill in that scenario as you seem to imply - or even to get hits with both bursts - is next to impossible against a compent fighter pilot.
    Just think it takes 3 C-4, 1 rocket and an anti tank grenade to take down a tank on your own.

Pilot exaggeration #79.

All Pacific tanks (and light tanks in general I believe) only take 3 dynamite.  I'm soloing about 1-3 tanks per round. With the FF I'm soloing about 1-2 planes per round.  If you want pairity with tanks then you already have it - at least in terms of being solo'ed by infantry.
  • DingoKillr
    4352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 9
    (Quote)
    Was 92 on fighters. 
    And yes it is easy you shoot at a plane strafing your flag, you reload turn around and shoot again, it's not like lobbing a tank shell or a panzerfaust.

Over simplified. Many times shooting at at strafing plane you only get 1 shoot. Either you die to the plane or by attacking infantry.
    With current reload speed it far from that easy.

DICE have the numbers and they decided that current of 1SK method is better then increasing reload and ammo.