might as well just get rid of planes

Comments

• Callisto90
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    He was saying it would be easy fire reload and fire again at a plane. It is not and never been easy to do that.

Still defending that statement..... EZPZ as they say.

What is leading a shot?
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Callisto90 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Was 92 on fighters. 
    And yes it is easy you shoot at a plane strafing your flag, you reload turn around and shoot again, it's not like lobbing a tank shell or a panzerfaust.

Over simplified. Many times shooting at at strafing plane you only get 1 shoot. Either you die to the plane or by attacking infantry.
    With current reload speed it far from that easy.

DICE have the numbers and they decided that current of 1SK method is better then increasing reload and ammo.

non sense again , the fliger guy can be anywhere in the map and can kill the plane with one shot from any angle from a long distance too and the pilot cant have even a clue that he is there.

Grow up. He was saying it would be easy fire reload and fire again at a plane. It is not and never been easy to do that.

So take your miss direction about the current FF and put it where the sun don't shine, right behind you on a shelf in your basement.

So where is the miss direction is it the fliger is not ohk or the range or the multi projectile or the hip fire or no counter or the number of players that can use it or you can know the position of the player with the fliger. Answer dont run away like every time.
  • Trokey66
    9143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 9
    The BF1 AA Rocket gun was whinged about before it was even in the game (when it was in CTE!).

It was heavily nerfed before it was included.

I 'shot down a Bomber' with an MP18!
    Post edited by Trokey66 on
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 9
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Planes without the Nitrous boost are mostly used at dogfighting, they're not effecting ground warfare that much, so you should expect its to fly high, and Bombers/Attack planes can't get 1 shot kill by the FF.

You have no idea about the planes in bfv ? What you have said totaly show that, p51k have no nitros p51d can also be without supercharge , va cant have nitros ,G2 no nitros, zero A6M2 no nitros, corsair F4u1a no nitros, those are the fighters that can effect the ground and was widly used get ohk by fliger and got nurfed to the ground.
    VA does have nitrous, and what kind of "wildly used" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ you're talking about? P51K, G-2 are rarely used, both P51D and G-6 are far more better, that's the reason why they should be kill with 2 FF's volley, so do the F4U1A and the A6M2. A fighter plane job should be taking care of enemy Attack/Bomber planes to begin with instead of abusing rocket and bomb infantry/vehicle.

That's the reason why BF1's plane balance is far more better than this utter garbage.

I've play enough of this game to know what i'm talking about.

About these nitrous on spitfire, last time when i had them, they didn't work at all :D
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Callisto90 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Was 92 on fighters. 
    And yes it is easy you shoot at a plane strafing your flag, you reload turn around and shoot again, it's not like lobbing a tank shell or a panzerfaust.

Over simplified. Many times shooting at at strafing plane you only get 1 shoot. Either you die to the plane or by attacking infantry.
    With current reload speed it far from that easy.

DICE have the numbers and they decided that current of 1SK method is better then increasing reload and ammo.

non sense again , the fliger guy can be anywhere in the map and can kill the plane with one shot from any angle from a long distance too and the pilot cant have even a clue that he is there.

Grow up. He was saying it would be easy fire reload and fire again at a plane. It is not and never been easy to do that.

So take your miss direction about the current FF and put it where the sun don't shine, right behind you on a shelf in your basement.

So where is the miss direction is it the fliger is not ohk or the range or the multi projectile or the hip fire or no counter or the number of players that can use it or you can know the position of the player with the fliger. Answer dont run away like every time.

1) The FF is not 1HK. It is 1 Shot kill, it has a stage release of 2 projectiles.
    2) Range is 600m , a real terror and if you got 1SK at that range you where flying straight at the guy.
    3) Hip fire, with 600m shot, 555 nice try.
    4) yer, so what you have no counter. Why should you, are you special?
    5) number that can use. 555, like there is no enemy tanks, no need for ammo or medic to fight infantry. Still only very few carry.
    6) Not knowing where the shot come from. OMG you are playing a war game were death can come from anywhere, if that applies to infantry and tanks it applies just as equally to planes.

Time for you to get off your high horse.
    Why do you want special protection, special privileges or massive KDr without risk?

Spending hours in a cockpit in a game, make you no more special then the guy that spend hours playing medic.
      so where is my miss direction you have confirmed all what i said ?!?!? 
     and who said i am looking for a special privileges , i am looking for balance and that fliger is OP,  and what applies to infantry and tanks is broken to planes  tanks cant get killed with a Lo600NG 1 hit shot from infantry.
  • DingoKillr
    4352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
     and who said i am looking for a special privileges , i am looking for balance and that fliger is OP,  and what applies to infantry and tanks is broken to planes  tanks cant get killed with a Lo600NG 1 hit shot from infantry.

Misdirection
    - Your trying to imply I agreed with you, I don't.
    - Your trying to imply that FF is something special and unique, it is not.
    - Your trying to imply that the FF is broken against planes, it is not.
    - Your trying to imply that infantry have no right to a 1SK weapon against planes because infantry don't have a 1SK against tanks at long range. So what it is not like infantry can sneak up behind a plane like they can a tank.

You are looking for special privileges, just some examples.
    - Shorter AA ranges, so I can 1v1 others without interference and it not fair that as soon as spawn I am at risk.
    - Make infantry player easier to see by increase flare time or making spot better for pilots.
    - Nerf FF it interferes with my flying. It is not fair that at 600m from an objective I might get hit by a projectile from FF. However my 900m rockets are not OP.
    - Increase splash on bombs as it is not fair that I can't get kills on infantry with them.
  • Celsi_GER
    893 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 9
    Mod better close this thread like he did with the Fliegerfaust thread which was comparably useless:
    1) all is said (several times)
    2) the repetitive discussions serve no purpose than rise aggression
    3) nothing will change. Although air <> antiair situation might still not be perfect, it is now better than it has ever been before. If Dice really cares about the few complaints of some few overambitious pilots, they will take a look at their game telemetry and see that planes are still doing well. Matter closed.
    They would be stupid to put any effort into changing it again and risking to make a near-perfect situation worse again.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But there is still imbalance between fighters. So, matter is not solved.
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    (Quote)

Misdirection
    - Your trying to imply that infantry have no right to a 1SK weapon against planes because infantry don't have a 1SK against tanks at long range. So what it is not like infantry can sneak up behind a plane like they can a tank.

- Shorter AA ranges, so I can 1v1 others without interference and it not fair that as soon as spawn I am at risk.
    - Make infantry player easier to see by increase flare time or making spot better for pilots.
    - Nerf FF it interferes with my flying. It is not fair that at 600m from an objective I might get hit by a projectile from FF. However my 900m rockets are not OP.
    - Increase splash on bombs as it is not fair that I can't get kills on infantry with them.

We are not trying we have proved all of our points, on the other hand what did we got from your side Theories, Delusions,Ambiguous speech, i am not here to seek your consent Your opinion does not matter to me, i came to present a balance problem in the game and you and the others that Disagree to that are just a way to raise it.
  • Celsi_GER
    893 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But there is still imbalance between fighters. So, matter is not solved.

You are right, I forgot this. My bad.
  • Celsi_GER
    (Quote)

Misdirection

We are not trying we have proved all of our points, on the other hand what did we got from your side Theories, Delusions,Ambiguous speech, i am not here to seek your consent Your opinion does not matter to me, i came to present a balance problem in the game and you and the others that Disagree to that are just a way to raise it.

You believe you have proven something, this is a big difference. Staged videos, cut together until they show what you want them to show (exceptional situations like they were common situations) do proof nothing.

Quote:
    "Your opinion does not matter to me..."

Yes, we noticed. We can only hope that Dice thinks the same about your opinion ;)...
  • xKusagamix
    1191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm still not getting the reason why people complaining about some random bush that destroy the plane with the FF, "you can't see/spot them".

Like really, so many time that i see hopeless infantries (unless they're Assault) got rocketed/bombed from far far away and they can do nothing to avoid it. And not that's everyone can see or hear the planes coming, all they know is the spawn screen while do capturing or PTO, while doing so they have to deal with many more random bush that fire rocket, bullet, tank shell, explosive at them... And there's always some Fighter/Attack plane with rocket from far away.
  • Celsi_GER
    Because it is unforeseeable.
    If your are an ace pilot, you exactly know the positions of the SAA and the usual spots near ammo station where the AA tanks prefer to lure. Furthermore both of them are clearly visible, you even can see if a SAA is manned or not if you have memorized their positions.
    If you have all this information, you, in theory, can avoid to be shot down all round long, make a xx:0 game.
    Fliegerfaust destroyed this predictability, it's position is unforeseeable and it's difficult to spot the guy with the FF on the ground unless he fires.
    If you are an ambitious player who takes most of his self-confidence from his game performance, you do not consider this as a challenge, but as an "unfair" attack on your god-given right on a "perfect" score. Pure egoism (which makes me wanne vomit and which is the reason why I still take part in this fruitless discussion, my sense of decency is in open rebellion)
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 10
    Celsi_GER said:

If you are an ambitious player who takes most of his self-confidence from his game performance, you do not consider this as a challenge, but as an "unfair" attack on your god-given right on a "perfect" score. Pure egoism (which makes me wanne vomit and which is the reason why I still take part in this fruitless discussion, my sense of decency is in open rebellion)
    FF is not a challange and is easy to avoid. Same goes for AA. Just stay on friendly side of the map and farm infantry.
    The problem is that fighters became better than bombers / attack planes attacking ground. Their role should be to hunt other planes. This started with the pacific planes.
    In return, AA was buffed and FF can now ohk fighters. Now we have a situation where all planes attack ground and no one attacks other planes.
    Fighters should be dogfighting and prevent bombers and attack planes from hitting infantry / tanks. Still with the opportunity to attack ground, but no more than was the case in BF1.
    The whole balance air <> ground, planes <> planes is a mess and have never been worse. You can still farm infantry but it get's so boring because it's the only thing you can actually do.
    There are probably pilots who play for stats, but I think the majority play for fun and would rather have worse stats and better and more opportunities for fun.
    Post edited by SirBobdk on
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    edited August 10
    Well imo rockets are bs anyway. But you say far away, that's exactly why you are wrong, unless you are spotted and isn't it ur fault then at this point? Hide? Anyway, when you are unspotted, plane gets really close. I mean as infantry. Part of the game too. Planes drop bombs and you get hurt by them, historically accurate asf. Then theres also that FF historically colored.

EDIT: But the problem with rockets, okay let me go to the start. When fly with fighter, i see infantry running in middle of nowhere, i try to mg. Bad part is, when i fail, i use rocket to finish him off, which is wrong imo. But i do it only cause of, i don't know if he has FF or not, i make sure that i wont get shot down after dive.
  • tempo_rarity
    1378 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Great thread! 

In its reasonably civil discussion about issues of balance/imbalance of certain game-aspects , it also revealed balance/imbalance issues within its participants .

Great thread!
  • Hawxxeye
    7775 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well imo rockets are bs anyway. But you say far away, that's exactly why you are wrong, unless you are spotted and isn't it ur fault then at this point? Hide? Anyway, when you are unspotted, plane gets really close. I mean as infantry. Part of the game too. Planes drop bombs and you get hurt by them, historically accurate asf. Then theres also that FF historically colored.

EDIT: But the problem with rockets, okay let me go to the start. When fly with fighter, i see infantry running in middle of nowhere, i try to mg. Bad part is, when i fail, i use rocket to finish him off, which is wrong imo. But i do it only cause of, i don't know if he has FF or not, i make sure that i wont get shot down after dive.
    Sometimes in BFV the problem is even seeing the infantry down there from the sky. Especially in the maps with heat haze. I can do it, but it is brutal
  • -aarp-19Crib
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 10
    Well, you should be happy now that they took AA out of the game, so no threat to you as you bomb the first flag to harvest infantry with no threat to you other than some bozo rocket contraption some mental patient thought up.
    EA really needs to stop disrespecting the player base and letting air punk them on the ground with impunity.