might as well just get rid of planes

Comments

• SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Damn, this has turned in whole sphagethi bolognese
    I think it feels more like watching someone trying to convince a flat Earther that the planet is a sphere and not a flat disk.
    Remind me of a script from the Shooter flim:
    "The truth is what i say it is!"

LOL, a guy who use planes with Rocket to farm infantry constantly saying a ground rocket anti-air gadgets is OPed. That just make my level 5th A20 Bomber feel like incredible journey to rank up.
    Giving planes rockets to farm infantry was also another bad idea. They should only be effective against vehicles.
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    397 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rockets are even too strong against vehicle right now... even a MAA has no chance against some pilotsand planes... you will do "some" damage to them... then the rockets impact everywhere is smoke and dirt and other stuff... youre turret will be most probably damaged... all this chaos will give the enemy plane like 2 seconds until fire can be opened again but until then they will be already behind cover or just too far away to do some singificant damage...
    Now the MAA start to repair but cant heal up enough to survive the second approach... so you must leave the MAA and repair it with your torch... then intro animation again and man the MAA in this time the, lets say "messerschmitt" will be armed again and make another run... the "BEST" outcome of such combat would be a state of perpetual "repairs" and "rearments"...
  • tempo_rarity
    1378 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh look , a rainbow . . . no . . wait . . it's a . . . it's a 

Rising up Out Of The Blue an FF damages Black and causes Red , leading to Purple and Pink , which then reveals some Green and maybe a little Yellow . . . 

Not a Rainbow .

It's 'Spoiled Meat' (TM) 
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rockets are even too strong against vehicle right now... even a MAA has no chance against some pilotsand planes... you will do "some" damage to them... then the rockets impact everywhere is smoke and dirt and other stuff... youre turret will be most probably damaged... all this chaos will give the enemy plane like 2 seconds until fire can be opened again but until then they will be already behind cover or just too far away to do some singificant damage...Now the MAA start to repair but cant heal up enough to survive the second approach... so you must leave the MAA and repair it with your torch... then intro animation again and man the MAA in this time the, lets say "messerschmitt" will be armed again and make another run... the "BEST" outcome of such combat would be a state of perpetual "repairs" and "rearments"...

So your maa can kill any plane before you over heat, you have the range to cover all the map, the fighter rokets needs two passes on the maa that means direct full hit then travel time to reload and another direct full hit, and you can see him and he cant, you have the upper hand on the plane, what are you asking for ?
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rockets are even too strong against vehicle right now... even a MAA has no chance against some pilotsand planes... you will do "some" damage to them... then the rockets impact everywhere is smoke and dirt and other stuff... youre turret will be most probably damaged... all this chaos will give the enemy plane like 2 seconds until fire can be opened again but until then they will be already behind cover or just too far away to do some singificant damage...Now the MAA start to repair but cant heal up enough to survive the second approach... so you must leave the MAA and repair it with your torch... then intro animation again and man the MAA in this time the, lets say "messerschmitt" will be armed again and make another run... the "BEST" outcome of such combat would be a state of perpetual "repairs" and "rearments"...

So your maa can kill any plane before you over heat, you have the range to cover all the map, the fighter rokets needs two passes on the maa that means direct full hit then travel time to reload and another direct full hit, and you can see him and he cant, you have the upper hand on the plane, what are you asking for ?
    Agree. The MAA have the upper hand and will win most of the 1x1.
  • Hawxxeye
    7783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Rockets are even too strong against vehicle right now... even a MAA has no chance against some pilotsand planes... you will do "some" damage to them... then the rockets impact everywhere is smoke and dirt and other stuff... youre turret will be most probably damaged... all this chaos will give the enemy plane like 2 seconds until fire can be opened again but until then they will be already behind cover or just too far away to do some singificant damage...
    Now the MAA start to repair but cant heal up enough to survive the second approach... so you must leave the MAA and repair it with your torch... then intro animation again and man the MAA in this time the, lets say "messerschmitt" will be armed again and make another run... the "BEST" outcome of such combat would be a state of perpetual "repairs" and "rearments"...
    I have actually seen what you described here.
    There was that dude on his messerschmitt fighter who was aggressively going after MAAs.
    He would somehow approach in ways that left very little room to react to him and no room to fully finish him off so he kept doing full damage with his double WFR rockets on my MAA.
    He was such a frustrating pilot that I even went on spectator mode to see what the heck he was doing and he could be so accurate with those rockets and find targets so easily in the BFV pixel mess.
    I ended up recording part of 2 rounds of that guy and and I used his style to get a bit better on using rocket planes myself.
    Here is the recordings of this dude surviving a lot more AA than any other fighter I had seen in that patch did.
  • iamwiener
    361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Any half decent pilot can kill an MAA.. The Maa only has the upper hand when multiple shooting the plane or the pilot went for another target and gets surprised by the MAA. The most popular tactic is (as described above) hit'n run and come back for a second run before the MAA could repair up.
  • Celsi_GER
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

I have actually seen what you described here.There was that dude on his messerschmitt fighter who was aggressively going after MAAs.He would somehow approach in ways that left very little room to react to him and no room to fully finish him off so he kept doing full damage with his double WFR rockets on my MAA..He was such a frustrating pilot that I even went on spectator mode to see what the heck he was doing and he could be so accurate with those rockets and find targets so easily in the BFV pixel mess.I ended up recording part of 2 rounds of that guy and and I used his style to get a bit better on using rocket planes myself.Here is the recordings of this dude surviving a lot more AA than any other fighter I had seen in that patch did.

Where is the Fliegerfaust in this clip? Somebody told me that the OP Fliegerfaust is used by many players doing OHK all the time? This pilot didn't have any problems with it. Sooo strange....
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    397 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "So your maa can kill any plane before you over heat"
    Nope the german MAA cant down a bomber before overheating... in fact if you let your flak43 overheat it will take more than 8 seconds to finish off the bomber... its more like doing 30-40 dmg... cool down... and then try to finish off the plane with a full salvo... but indeed you might kill a fighter with a full salvo if all 17 shots hit and do max dmg... this takes 5 seconds...
    -----------------------------
    Right now i experiment with the dripple oerlikon when going for allied MAA... i dismissed it for a long time but it actually might be as good as the flak43... althaugh i thaught its much worser...
  • MammiBoo
    422 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After 2 months of not playing this pos, well I said lets upgrade P51, s. Well I couldnt cause everyone hopped in planes, just 2 die 10 seconds later.
    Eventually on Narvik hopped in G2 which by surprise had everything f... ed up the loadout was changed by geniuses with patches, had 2 useless bombs etc. Well I got hit from all sides by aa, so i circle jerked my spawn. I dared to push C flag and got hit by Aa again and when I retreated just over the resupply point on my base I got killed by a recon camping Saa behind B flag. So saa at B on Narvik reaches german air resupply point. That recon camped saa all game went overall 4 kills =4planes and had 6 deaths. Amazing skill and good job Dice. So atm saa is the best aa tool in game.

The next ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ thing on console is the impossibility to spot people on the ground, haze, fog and generally heavy abundance of stuff on the ground, means absolute cancer for pilots... Spotting flares? What a joke.

The third ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ game Maa. Played today twisted steel german side. This time with G6 went 23 k/d but 3/4 my kills were at my home flag. Basically enemy had 2 maas camping border of the map denying every dogfight, cause it is impossible to see something on the ground.

Of course no one used Ff, cause why, infys on consoles have no stress about planes atm.

The fourth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ thing the damage of fighters against bombers. Even though i killed 5, all of them got killed because they stayed my homespace, not fleeing to theirs...

I do not recall any bf title, being such a joke about air warfare.
    Good job Dice I aint gonna buy your next flop6.

Make sure you patch your beta first.

Amazing failure.
  • SAP-ReApEr
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Planes can be repaired indefinitely, they are OP!!!! LOL
  • PSJackman4
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Planes can be repaired indefinitely, they are OP!!!! LOL
    dang it this thread was nearly dead
  • Yurisputnik
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Necro? 
  • PSJackman4
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Necro? 
    yeah look at the last post, it was made in August.