might as well just get rid of planes

Comments

• DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It not so much range but the precision and Area of Effect of weapons.

Bombers could have become tanker against AA depending on range. If a bomber takes on AA it should be near zero health. Precision long range large AOE bombs was stupid. That includes the ability for bombers to slingshot.

Fighters should never had a good AOE or long ranged Anti-ground Vehicle weapons. The weapon that should have worked well against exposed SAA should have been MG.

Tanks have bounce when moving. Infantry have spread, drag and gravity. Yet aircraft only seem to deal with is aircraft speed v projectile travel time, where's the drag on the controls.
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What do people mean by slingshot in this context? Does it have anything to do with  pulling up to increase the distance you can throw the bomb?
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    475 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Hawxxeye... yes it looks sometimes that bomber pilots pull up 45 or more degree and release the bombs, that looks like an old ship firing its broadsides... but to be honest ive only seen maybe 5 bomber pilots doing it for 2 years...
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Hawxxeye... yes it looks sometimes that bomber pilots pull up 45 or more degree and release the bombs, that looks like an old ship firing its broadsides... but to be honest ive only seen maybe 5 bomber pilots doing it for 2 years...

I know what you mean... over a year ago there was that JU88A main who would do something like that to snipe my MAA from ridiculous ranges
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    Yeah, some things are not as bad as they appear if one knows the work arounds...
  • xKusagamix
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't even mad if some bombers nowaday could do that with me, it'd take a lot of practice to pull off a precise bombing at high altitude and balls to even fly a bomber.
  • mf_shro0m
    2362 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2020
    @mf_shro0m
    ---
    The DPS of AA is the same on short and long ranges... the only difference is the accuracy---Bombs have range too can be up to 100m or even more if "slingshoted"
    ---The allied MAA and SAA can shoot down any plane within one firing cycle, the german MAA cant do this and the SAA can only shoot down fighters... so lets take as an example the german MAA Flak43 variant (the vierling has worse or at best the same DPS but has the huge disadvantage beeing very easy to spot when firing)... it takes at least 8 or 9 seconds to down a bomber with these, in that time a bomber can traverse at least 400m or 450m + bomb range = 500m or 550m even with less bomb range it will be still 450m or 500m. If a bomber can get within that range it will ALWAYS destroy the MAA in worst case it will be an act of mutual annihilation... so if you reduce the AA range to like 400m the german MAA will have no chance against any bomber pilot who knows how to aim with bombs, even the SAA wont be able to do anything against bombers and even fighters with bombs...---What i want to say is there is a magical thing called MATH and one should do this before doing balancing... and there is a thing called "best case" scenario... so if math tells one that even in a best case scenarion something wont be possibel than it cant be done...---Another thing is the fundamental lack of precise information about plane speed, so far i could only assume through posted videos that its min. 50m/s... this is a very, very importent number---The third thing to consider is map design... hamada is a very bomber friendly map... al sundan on the other side is a living nightmare for the german airforce, one strong SAA on F and H and one strong MAA on the hill inbetween + 2 free tanks for the americans who will role over to A (under the cover of the AA)... take the point and give the americans more planes to play with no other map is more unbalanced than AL SUNDAN...

That first bit I know, what I meant was that the low velocity of flak rounds means there’s a huge difference between how easy it is to stay on a moving target doing evasive manoeuvres at shorter ranges than at longer ranges so even tho the damage of the rounds stays the same theres a big difference in the damage output of the average AA users as short range than at long range. Imo there’s no need to tweak the damage curve and it’s just their range that needs to be changed.

I was responding to ‘In the same grade the plane's anti-ground weapons become more effective/precise against ground with decreasing altitude, the AA needs to get more effective against them.’ Maybe I misunderstood them but I thought they were suggesting that a damage curve needs to be introduced with an increase to max damage

———

And yeh like I said I think bombs and especially rockets should be made less accurate at longer ranges. I’d be totally fine with them adding some random deviation to very basically simulate wind and variances in air pressure or giving rockets like a 400m max range so long as the range of AAs was reduced, tho I think some people would complain. Bomb damage vs artillery and vehicles should also be increased

———

That I didn’t know but imo they should just increase the DPS of the German SAAs to be about equal to that of the American ones. This is like the situation we had with corsairs and Zeros. Sure it might be a little unrealistic but this is a game, there’s no downside for gameplay and almost no-one’s gonna complain

———

And yeh map design is a problem at times and Al Sundan is particularly problematic. Maybe they could move the airfield further south and extend the mountains to the NE of the airfield West. Tbh I doubt they’ll change the maps at this point but yeh that just came to mind
  • Hawxxeye
    ... yes it looks sometimes that bomber pilots pull up 45 or more degree and release the bombs, that looks like an old ship firing its broadsides... but to be honest ive only seen maybe 5 bomber pilots doing it for 2 years...
    I wouldn't even mad if some bombers nowaday could do that with me, it'd take a lot of practice to pull off a precise bombing at high altitude and balls to even fly a bomber.
    Even if one can do that, the rockets these days will end their streak quite fast.

• DerDoktorMabuse
    @mf_shro0m: One should not forget that planes that are further away, already MAY take less damage depending on the position relative to the AA, that was one of the main "nerfs" that made the german SAA which was the only SAA both sides had for a year, useless (the change from flat damage to variable damage)... i mean everyone knows the situation when one dies behind cover so i think that althaugh affects AA... and it "feels" like especially the german AAs suffer from that... just look how much shots one need, using the german vierling to down a fighter... its always 80 or more even if the plane is less than 100 meters away... that would be a total damage of 160 whilst fighters with quick repair fly around with around 130 HP (actually all planes have the same HP and take the same damage, unless one takes the extra armor perk with 15% dmg reduction or field repair, or however its called for planes)...