DICE Please Start a Battlefield 6 Feature Request Thread

Popa2caps
583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I ask that DICE's makes a thread for requests for the next Battlefield game. One major thing for me that I've noticed is this forum has too much moderation. It's why most people give up and just move to other sites like reddit. There should be a way to talk directly to the people who create the game. I'm a music poducer, if i could talk to the artist, i wouldn't get anywehre.

So please, If you'll at DICE want to make this next game right, be more open with the people who will purchase it. Here is an example of my advice, - Stop using streamers for all opinions and all designs ideas, their screwing with Battlefield. Streamers are not the voice of the community. Their just people who have followers, followers that mostly never have time to play the game, So they watch this one person. Streamers will agree with anything, as long as you pay them, they will also disagree when you don't.

I also ask that mods be relooked at from a higher level as to what they should mod. Just like above, I wasn't joking about the levels of moderation on this site. Moderation needs to take a step back or you're going to kill off great ideas and the community. For example, I looked at 2 threads talking about how someone cheated them in their last game before i made this. Mods closed those threads.

So please try and understand this.

A- Someone took their own time to play the game of Battlefield in the year 2020

B- Gets cheated in a game (Their time wasted).

C-They use more time writing about it on the forums.

D-A mod stops them by closing the channel.

So in the end, a mod ruins their idea of Battlefield. Shouldn't they be getting this info and directly reporting it to EA to stop the cheaters? You'll need to restructure not only your design workflow, but also your forums for ideas. I get about 400 comments 100k views, 200 followers a month. I heat all types of support, but what i won't do is waste their time when they talk to me. I'll listen, why? Because they took their own time to do it in the first place.

Respect your community by listening, they will give your the ideas you need to grow.

Comments

• Trokey66
    9031 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 1
    Is this about Battlefield 6, cheating or moderation.....?
    Post edited by Trokey66 on
  • Celsi_GER
    789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 1
    Either way, it will get closed.
    But in general, he is right.
    When BFV started to go south shortly after release and EA/Dice ruined it more and more with each lonely decision they made (e. g. the desastrous TTK fiddeling which made a lot of people quit thevgake forever) - I always asked myself:
    Why not just send a questionnaire to all active players and veterans and ask them for their opinion about every single topic which is in doubt. I bet that 90%+ are happy to provide their feedback, even if the questionnaire would be 30 pages long.
    The information for making a near perfect BF6 is out there and it is even free of charge - they just won't collect it.
  • Trokey66
    9031 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER wrote: »
    Either way, it will get closed.
    But in general, he is right.
    When BFV started to go south shortly after release and EA/Dice ruined it more and more with each lonely decision they made (e. g. the desastrous TTK fiddeling which made a lot of people quit thevgake forever) - I always asked myself:
    Why not just send a questionnaire to all active players and veterans and ask them for their opinion about every single topic which is in doubt. I bet that 90%+ are happy to provide their feedback, even if the questionnaire would be 30 pages long.
    The information for did to make a near perfect BF6 is out there and it is even free of charge - they you won't collect it.

I believe that most of the problems with BFV are because they listened too much and tried to please everyone but ended up pleasing few.
  • Celsi_GER
    789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Could be true. Maybe this is also the reason why in certain other thread some certain (few) people try to make as much noise as possible to drive EA/Dice to change the game in the way they do prefer: because it has worked before already.

Another approach to the problem would be to listen to nobody - just create a modern remake of BF2 or BF3 who undoubtedly were a big success.
    But the question is, will such a straight game without any "glitter" and additional motivators still be s succes today? The veterans surely will like it, but what about the generation "Overstimulation" will they like a game without 500 ranks, 20 different game modes, 400 different weapons/gadgets, silly assignments and cosmetics?
    We will never find out, because EA/Dice will not dare to try (and I can understand that)
  • FTF-Jimbo
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I hate the way the UI is now. Bring back the old Battlelog as they had in BF3, and then let BBlog make it better.

• LOLGotYerTags
    14281 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited August 2
    Trokey66 said:
    Is this about Battlefield 6, cheating or moderation.....?
    It's a combination of all 3 by the looks of it.

Either way @Popa2caps ,  It violates the rules and thus is now closed.

You want a BF 2021 megathread?  Cool,  I can get on board with that.

But once you mention moderation,  It violates the rules.
    Once you mention cheating ( this topic has been flogged to death already ) It's a prime candidate for locking.

To clarify, We have absolutely NO PROBLEM with you guys posting about your experiences and what you'd like to see in a future title,  It is a discussion board after all.

If you have critique,  Fire away.
    If you have suggestions,  Fire away
    If you have issues you'd like to post about that you'd like to see resolved moving from BFV to BF2021,  fire away.

But DON'T
    • Discuss moderation ( or how a mod closes threads for example ) - This is not what the forum is for,  You agreed to abide by the rules when you joined,  And we are bound to enforce them as much as you are agreement bound to abide by them
    • Talk about cheating  ( The teams over at EA and DICE have their feedback from multiple avenues ),  Not just the megathreads and the individual threads,  But also external sources such as youtube videos created by content creators and their opinions and feedback.

Here are the rules :  https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/137240/battlefield-forum-rules-and-guidelines#latest

Thanks and feel free to PM me if you wish to discuss your idea of a megathread or something for me to check out and pass on to the teams.
This discussion has been closed.