Quality of players/teamwork EUvsUS

dA_9_eL_81
1908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
in order to underline my below statement I used a quick search on ye olde interweb to find out that americans have about 2 mio ppl serving in the army on some level.
Out of these 2 mio ppl I believe a good 90-95% are playing BF1 & BFV on a regular basis.

It shows on the high quality tactics the americans utilize when gaming on US E servers:

- Crawling unoticed from F to D flag on Amiens in the streets
- Hosing down entire squads with their beloved laseracurate, scoped LMGs
- Recon large areas from high altitude areas on Fao Fortress and Suez
- Sitting in spawn and spamfire the utter useless mortar-piece capping zero flags
- Providing high-altitude firesupport in the point and click flying Murorororometz wiping out more enemies than the Little Boy in Hiroshima in 1945
- Handing out zero med- or ammopacks and not even running with syringe as a Medic

Does the American ppl once again need a great leader in order to regain their position as the leading gaming community or should we permaban american IPs on European servers so we can enjoy the game as it should be played?  

Comments

• IM_A_BLIND_KID
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cool story , bro.
  • wsupchris1222444
    956 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Man you sound like a scrub. There is no way you can identify how each nationality plays, or identify that over 90% of Americans who served in the armed forces play battlefield, or play video games for that matter. Most scrubs will play how they see fit, whether it be hoarding kills the cheapest way possible or going 0 and 9 as a scout. But please, stay on your euro servers, we don't need more trash over here.
  • Forkbeard84
    1848 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nice troll.
  • TheNoobPolice
    1623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can you stop posting crap?

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/204222/bf1-muromets#latest

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/204223/smg08-as-an-all-kit-weapon#latest

None of these decisions have been made by DICE and if you are instead attempting to open hypothetical discussions you should learn better English, and this thread as well is just utter garbage.

• TheGM86
    915 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

That is some mighty fine trolling you got there.

• dA_9_eL_81
    1908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is for a fact a serious post...

I suggest y´all do this:
    Play two rounds of CQ on a EU-server
    Play two rounds of CQ on a US-server
    Preferable would be playing the same two maps for comparission.

I am not even joking. There is a huge difference in how the games play out... 

Try it!
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1084 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe but whatever region I'm playing in half of the players are OOR anyway. Next time you're playing you'll need to check the pings of the players you describe in the OP to see where they're from.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1275 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why you gotta make this about race bruh? Just enjoy your game and let other people enjoy theirs.
  • WetFishDB
    2329 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why you gotta make this about race bruh? Just enjoy your game and let other people enjoy theirs.
    He's not really talking about race, most people in USA originate from Europe anyway. But I get your point.

The thing is, having played on both I do kinda know what he means too though.  There does seem to be a difference in the strategies that players have on the different regions.  Sure there are PTFO players on both, campy scouts on both, Muromette's clowns on both etc etc, but it does genuinely feel like the distribution of playstyles is slightly different across regions. 
  • Ronin9572
    1304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 8
    I don't believe he's making this a race thing. But what platform are we talking about? I'm on PS4 and can play US east and west, EU, and SA servers, most of the time. I've definitely seen more high level players on EU servers than on US servers recently. But let's not forget not all US players are playing in the US and it's the same in other regions. So in general you can't just say US players are scrub lords noob kings! And what's up going after the ppl in the miltary? All in all this is just a troll thread imho.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1275 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Regardless, there’s no reason to play OOR anyway. If you’re in Europe then play on EU servers and if you’re in America then play on American servers.

Two years ago (IIRC), when the Oceania servers were down I had to play OOR on a Japanese server. Had to lead my aim by a whole 1-1.5 seconds and was rubberbanding like no tomorrow. Needless to say, I performed pretty badly.

Never again.
  • Forkbeard84
    1848 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 wrote: »
    I don't believe he's making this a race thing. But what platform are we talking about? I'm on PS4 and can play US east and west, EU, and SA servers, most of the time. I've definitely seen more high level players on EU servers than on US servers recently. But let's not forget not all US players are playing in the US and it's the same in other regions. So in general you can't just say US players are scrub lords noob kings! And what's up going after the ppl in the miltary? All in all this is just a troll thread imho.

He knows nothing about people in the military playing the game and thats the start of what he does not know. I’m guessing he’s not American and is trolling us.
  • Colt6940H
    30 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My seven year old grandson isn’t old enough to enlist yet, so there’s that to consider too. So if you see another player doing noob stuff, there’s a good chance it’s just a young kid.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    My seven year old son is doing 360 no scopes and earning killer-KDs each match.. Yeah... Your grandson really sonds like a noob in comparision... :smile:

• TheGM86
    915 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Play two rounds of CQ
    Lol playing Walkquest.

• Colt6940H
    30 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    My seven year old son is doing 360 no scopes and earning killer-KDs each match.. Yeah... Your grandson really sonds like a noob in comparision... :smile:

He is. He gets to play BF1 for a couple hours each month when comes for a visit to see his grandparents.

Awesome your grandkid is on BF1; and, is doing well on it. I believe BF1 is one of better video games for teaching our children history.

As a seven year old though, I guess we can assume that he is neither prior or currently enlisted in the U.S. armed forces? Since that’s what this thread is about. The original poster’s assumption that all US players are American military/ex military, that the American BF1 Squads suck, and he can’t understand why Americans aren’t better at BF1.

Personally, I think the OP is trolling. Most of the US military guys I have played with or against have been really good. I have also played with kids on my squad that were very good at game play; but, needed coaching on tactics. That being said, military tactics and game tactics are two different things. A Danish player I squaded with for a couple days taught me more in those few games than hundreds of hours of me playing on BF1.

The one glaring short coming I see in American squads is the lack of the use of communication in the game. I rarely get squaded up with players that are actually talking to each other.

• Greeny_Huwjarz
    4342 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Interesting thread.

Due to the invasion of high pinging Middle Eastern players on Euro servers, ACES platoon have recently been playing a lot recently in US East servers where there are very few players with ping 120. EU servers are plagued with 150+ping players, with the accompanying issues with hit reg. 

I agree with much of the sentiment of OP. The US servers are very static compared with EU servers, and it is much easier for a half decent squad to really prosper. The teamwork seems to be much less prevalent in the US servers generally.

If you are a EU player and are fed up with bad hit registration, I highly recommend that you switch to US East. It is a far better experience overall, and of course, easier to do well for the reasons OP outlined.