Quit the Tivoli / Circus / Halloween masks

Hawkhill_no
60 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited August 4
Can we please stop this BS with the fun fair facepaint. BFV is turning into a circus like COD. Its not a preteen game is it?

Comments

• Celsi_GER
    859 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 4
    It's more like a virtual dollhouse now.
    Grown men (most of them, at least) go shopping for fancy virtual clothes to pose with them ingame. Sometimes even paying real money for it.
    John J. Rambos in stockings...
    W T F?!
  • Toxic_CA
    949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So many crybabies
  • NuttysKunKs
    563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Did you see the trailer? XD
  • DaMutha1
    1453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If it makes me laugh for a moment or two, what the hell do you care?   It's better than the extreme monotony of unchanging content and playlists.   Plus, Google Jake McNiece for some examples that prove you a bit wrong.
  • Carbonic
    1925 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I don't really notice any of the face paints while playing. I notice if there are new voices but not really the customization.
  • spychodelics
    405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Reminds me of the good old times in other games ... 

seta cg_forceModel "1"
    seta headmodel "sarge/pm"
    seta team_model "sarge/pm"
    seta team_headmodel "sarge/pm"
    seta cg_enemyModel "keel/pm"
    seta cg_enemycolors "0333"
    seta color1 "0555"
    seta color2 "9"
    seta cg_forceColors "1"
    seta cg_teamRails "2"
    seta model "sarge/pm"
    seta color "7"
    seta sex "male"
  • Hawkhill_no
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 said:
    If it makes me laugh for a moment or two, what the hell do you care?   It's better than the extreme monotony of unchanging content and playlists.   Plus, Google Jake McNiece for some examples that prove you a bit wrong.
    You are right, I dont care about what makes you laugh or not. Secondly you're right about "The Filthy Thirteen", but when 13 becomes "everybody" I do care. It's not the same mask, and will it stop there? I used to love COD too, but quit after Advanced Warfare (should have stoped after Modern really...) If you like it so much you will love, its like Halloween on acid. and steroids. 
  • wildbam
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:
    I don't really notice any of the face paints while playing. I notice if there are new voices but not really the customization.
    try playing medic.. and you ll see a lot  B)  :p
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 6
    Reminds me of the good old times in other games ... 

seta cg_forceModel "1"
    seta headmodel "sarge/pm"
    seta team_model "sarge/pm"
    seta team_headmodel "sarge/pm"
    seta cg_enemyModel "keel/pm"
    seta cg_enemycolors "0333"
    seta color1 "0555"
    seta color2 "9"
    seta cg_forceColors "1"
    seta cg_teamRails "2"
    seta model "sarge/pm"
    seta color "7"
    seta sex "male"

Not sure if it was CS back in the days, but I remember we could customize own spray paint. For the walls. We could also create our own customized maps or download maps others created. Simple, but lot of variation.
  • Carbonic
    1925 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    wildbam said:
    Carbonic said:
    try playing medic.. and you ll see a lot  B)  :p
    Playing a medic doesn't really change it. I just don't notice the faces, too busy spotting enemies on the map or something.
  • DaMutha1
    1453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I only use the clown face when playing medic, so the people I revive have to look at me.   My favorite is wearing a German officer's uniform with the paint and a leafy helmet.  Looks like Sideshow Bob.  And knowing that it bums out a certain element of people will make me enjoy it even more.
  • DutchFightert
    90 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    First we have a stopwatch on the sniper rifles, now we have a bottle opener for the lmg, so in real life when i am in a ambush and i move my gun and the opener hits on the metal of the gun, do the know then that there is somebody there waiting ? :#
  • Hawkhill_no
    Toxic_CA said:
    So many crybabies
    You really live up to your playername...
  • DingoKillr
    4343 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    First we have a stopwatch on the sniper rifles, now we have a bottle opener for the lmg, so in real life when i am in a ambush and i move my gun and the opener hits on the metal of the gun, do the know then that there is somebody there waiting ? :#

If it was a real life ambush you would have time to secure it, but it is a game and does not make the ding sound.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    At this point i say just release the hook already.

If we gotta go out we might aswell ramp this b ;)
  • mesterKG
    164 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 wrote: »
    I only use the clown face when playing medic, so the people I revive have to look at me.   My favorite is wearing a German officer's uniform with the paint and a leafy helmet.  Looks like Sideshow Bob.  And knowing that it bums out a certain element of people will make me enjoy it even more.

So you are doing something only because it annoys other people.. What is that? Do you do this in other aspects of your life or just when playing online games?
  • Magikf1ngers
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 said:
    This is why this community is so toxic anymore.  People, instead of playing as a team and working together, seem to enjoy more pissing on everyone else's good times.  I could give a crap less about cosmetics other than the fact that it takes away from the budget for them to use to actually fix the REAL issues in the game, and in fact, your description made me laugh a bit.  It also is asinine to do something simply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ off other people that are trying to play the game and enjoy it, same as you.  
  • Toxic_CA
    949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    You really live up to your playername...

Hahah oh man you are the VERY first person to ever use that joke. Man what a classic.....

Whatever, continue to let cosmetics trigger you
  • DaMutha1
    mesterKG said:
    DaMutha1 wrote: »

So you are doing something only because it annoys other people.. What is that? Do you do this in other aspects of your life or just when playing online games?
    I take pleasure in doing things that annoy people that have no business caring about silly things.   I wear a clown face in a dead video game because it makes me chuckle.  I have over 1600 hours in the game and still play it every day.   Anyone who actually cares enough to go on a public message board and complain about it is pretty funny.  Sorry.