BF:V is amazing, DICE can't seem to get any love here!

Comments

• GrizzGolf
    1422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wish they would have given a few more weapons. 
  • BtheReaper49
    386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER wrote: »
    iamwiener wrote: »
    @Celsi_GER
    Nothing lost in translation here. There was no room for wrong interpretation. Neither in German nor in English. Everyone willing to buy BF6 straight away is a victim (lamb)

Oh, this isn't the part which was misunderstood. The misunderstanding was that I see myself as the wolf. I am more of the shepard dog. EA is the wolf.
    Everything else I wrote you interpreted quite accurate. I already have difficulties the take people seriously who actually defend Dice for this bundle of bugs, wrong decisions and incompetence called BFV. You really don't want to know what I think of people who will blindly preorder BF6. "Lamb" isn't even near to it.

It will be very interesting to see the difference in preorders between BF6 and past titles. Very interesting....
  • mesterKG
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Celsi_GER
    Nothing lost in translation here. There was no room for wrong interpretation. Neither in German nor in English. Everyone willing to buy BF6 straight away is a victim (lamb)

Oh, this isn't the part which was misunderstood. The misunderstanding was that I see myself as the wolf. I am more of the shepard dog. EA is the wolf.
    Everything else I wrote you interpreted quite accurate. I already have difficulties the take people seriously who actually defend Dice for this bundle of bugs, wrong decisions and incompetence called BFV. You really don't want to know what I think of people who will blindly preorder BF6. "Lamb" isn't even near to it.

I'm glad to not be part of the flock you are sheparding. I cannot now recall any game breaking bugs that has stopped me from playing the game, except for a loot issue in firestorm at one point. Can't remember the details but I stayed away from that mode for awhile. I will say that some of the sometimes recurring less serious bugs has given the impression that dice could improve their quality assurance. I suppose that could be called incompetence, but to me that is too harsh a judgement. Wrong decisions? Yeah, I think you are right. They should have done some things differently and bfv could have been a better game.
    Nevertheless, I've enjoyed and am still enjoying the game.
    I won't pre-order bf6 though. I have never pre-ordered a game in my life and will not start now. I will almost certainly buy bf6 on release day because since bf2, dice has yet to give me a game I didn't enjoy for a lot of hours and it is definitely worth the money.

If you cannot enjoy the game, too bad. And why would you buy a game if you won't enjoy it? Just stay away and vote with your wallet, as they say.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4441 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @LOLGotYerTags - can I have my post back please? 
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14444 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    NO!

Back to the cupboard with you!!!

Kiddin'..

:) 
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4441 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 18
    mesterKG said:
    @Celsi_GER

I'm glad to not be part of the flock you are sheparding. I cannot now recall any game breaking bugs that has stopped me from playing the game, except for a loot issue in firestorm at one point. 
    If you cannot enjoy the game, too bad. And why would you buy a game if you won't enjoy it? Just stay away and vote with your wallet, as they say.
    I think that the point is that most DISCERNING customers, know that this product was simply not up to scratch. Hence the terrible player numbers and withdrawal of support. 

Of course there are a few players that think that an artisan sourdough tastes the same as a cheap supermarket loaf, but luckily these players are few and far between, which (LUCKILY) means that EA know that need to up their game. 

Else we would all be eating cheap sandwiches full time, coz you said that bread is just bread.

It's not. 
    Post edited by Greeny_Huwjarz on
  • Hawxxeye
    7783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 18
    mesterKG said:
    @Celsi_GER

I'm glad to not be part of the flock you are sheparding. I cannot now recall any game breaking bugs that has stopped me from playing the game
    Let me throw in one game breaking bug just for the sake of education: Spawning on the US bombers has a 50% chance to crash the game.
    But I guess I can understand why you are having a better time than most due to being an action man main.
    Edit:
    I will mention few other large issues just to drive the point home further:
    >Stuck in dead state, unable to return tot he spawn screen (especially if you died near half built fortifications)
    >The entire server randomly crashing and disconnecting everyone.
    and  few examples of persistent minor issues.
    >The spotting camera still does not show all the spotted people tot he pilot a lot of the time or has a hard time spotting them
    >Since the launch, the reload of the bombs and the rockets bugs if you did not use them all and it only reloads the last batch of bombs/rockets on the next resupply and only reloads the rest after you used the first batch, with a new timer
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    NO!

Back to the cupboard with you!!!

Kiddin'..

Reported for harassment 🙄🤗
  • mesterKG
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

Let me throw in one game breaking bug just for the sake of education: Spawning on the US bombers has a 50% chance to crash the game.
    But I guess I can understand why you are having a better time than most due to being an action man main.
    Edit:
    I will mention few other large issues just to drive the point home further:
    >Stuck in dead state, unable to return tot he spawn screen (especially if you died near half built fortifications)
    >The entire server randomly crashing and disconnecting everyone.
    and  few examples of persistent minor issues.
    >The spotting camera still does not show all the spotted people tot he pilot a lot of the time or has a hard time spotting them
    >Since the launch, the reload of the bombs and the rockets bugs if you did not use them all and it only reloads the last batch of bombs/rockets on the next resupply and only reloads the rest after you used the first batch, with a new timer

You are right of course.. and I realized after posting that I should've added some disclaimers there.. like the fact that I barely use planes. I do tanks a little bit, but not much. Also I'm on PC. I realize that console has had a worse time of it than I.

As for the issues you mention:
    Spawning on the US bombers has a 50% chance to crash the game.. is this confirmed? Was not aware of that. Bet you are exaggerating the chance there...

Stuck in dead state.. this has happened to me 3 times. Given my total playing time, I don't think it is that serious. Bad when it happens, for sure.. but too rare for me to get excited about it. The weird thing aobut that.. why is someone getting it much more than others? Is the internet connection to blame? Kinda weird that Dice is not able to fix it, but inconsistent errors are the worst.

Server crashes.. I don't remember the last time a server crashed on me.. It has happened a couple of times, but again.. a couple of times given 1400 hundred hours of game time. To me that is stable as hell.

I cannot comment on the minor plane issues you mention, but there are other minor issues as well.. and issues that was fixed and came back and was fixed again.
    One minor issue I have been affected by was the reload animation playing out even if reload was interupted by healing. Died a few times to that one.
    Another thing silly thing was the UI text after some of the patches.. didn't affect gameplay but to me it spoke of lack of quality assurance from EA/Dice.
    As mentioned above or some other post, I think they could improve the QA part of their release process.
    But no matter how good their QA gets, there will be bugs and issues. Servers will crash... patches will reintroduce new bugs.. This is software development.

Anyways, my point here is that despite the issues, I've enjoyed my time in BFV and got no reason to doubt BF6 will be as good or better and that I will enjoy it as much or more. So I will most likely buy it.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Celsi_GER

It will be very interesting to see the difference in preorders between BF6 and past titles. Very interesting....
    Before the release of BF6, there will be a pre-order package released that allows you do to custom BF5 servers with full hardcore and with standard uniforms.  There'll be some big "pre order BF6 to get stuff in BF5" that comes out...mark my words.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    @Celsi_GER

Before the release of BF6, there will be a pre-order package released that allows you do to custom BF5 servers with full hardcore and with standard uniforms.  There'll be some big "pre order BF6 to get stuff in BF5" that comes out...mark my words.
    Lol.  I agree.  But I guess there are not many people that want new guns or cosmetics left.........

BFV has long been deleted from most hard drives........
  • ElliotLH
    9601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Wouldn't expect anything less.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1312 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Celsi_GER

Wouldn't be surprised tbh. They did the same thing by locking 5 (admittedly reskinned) weapons in BF1 behind preordering BFV. 

"Pre-purchase our new game to unlock X content in our old game!" lol.
  • Kugel_FIN
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    no game is perfect - same dudes who hs like +100 kills a round play day after day, even they are reported. Servers are lagging like hell. During midgame DICE / EA stuff propably hired from kinderkarden were playing with skins, assignments etc bs. Who needs skin sets when netcode is horrible and hits curve like 10 meters behind corners. I have been playing BF -games A LOT over the years and am furious to see what is happening. 
  • PSJackman4
    333 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    By battlefield standards, BFV is trash. But when it is taken out of the standards of BF, BFV ain't that bad. Look at Battlefield Hardline, the game is bad by BF standards, but the game isn't that bad. 
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PSJackman4 wrote: »
    By battlefield standards, BFV is trash. But when it is taken out of the standards of BF, BFV ain't that bad. Look at Battlefield Hardline, the game is bad by BF standards, but the game isn't that bad. 

The game is bad on PC even out of standard due to the lack of AC and rental servers. I left almost 2 months ago and are not comming back to this game or any other BF game unless they implement another AC and rental servers with full admin control.
  • Hawkhill_no
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Which makes me ask myself the question,

Why would i want to buy BF6 ?
    Same old situation, People on forums claiming this new game will be the best thing since sliced bread (Again)
    Turns out to be mouldy old dough (Again). 

Personally, I won't consider buying a game without anti "the word we cannot put in writing that ends with ..eat", or functional autobalance. I've loved this game since 1942 came out. Too bad it seems to end here.
  • PapaRomeo77
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 24
    [cheat discussion]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on