BF:V is amazing, DICE can't seem to get any love here!

123457»

Comments

• Carbonic
    1964 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited October 28
    In an alternate reality there is probably a world where there had never been a Battlefield Franchise and then a small self-owned startup studio developed Battlefield V or 6 as their first title. With no expectations, nothing to live up to, non of their own games as competition, I do wonder if the exact same game would not have been received quite differently.
    Fair criticism is perfectly fine, but we should probably not forget that what you release to well-established fan bases will more often than not live in the shadow of past greatness and that makes maintaining a positive attitude hard.
    It's good to be the underdog that's for sure ^^
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic wrote: »
    In an alternate reality there is probably a world where there had never been a Battlefield Franchise and then a small self-owned startup studio developed Battlefield V or 6 as their first title. With no expectations, nothing to live up to, non of their own games as competition, I do wonder if the exact same game would not have been received quite differently.
    Fair criticism is perfectly fine, but we should probably not forget that what you release to well-established fan bases will more often than not live in the shadow of past greatness and that makes maintaining a positive attitude hard.

But it would still be as frustrating to play......BFV is literally rage enduring.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1532 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:

i am almost sure if BFV was delevoped by an indie company as their debut with absolutely no experience, the game would most likely get an above average reception if not good.
    but DICE and EA are neither a small start up nor an unexperienced studio/publisher.
    BFV had issues that are just not acceptable. the game still feels sluggish at times both in terms of net-code and overall movement. on the same not i can not remember a single FPS shooter that has reworked his entire gunplay 5 times in total. i also do not remember a studio taunting their fan-base in with "don't like it don't buy it" or calling them uneducated, its just bad buisness at bet and down right destructive at worst.
    giving DICE credit where it is due, chapter 5 was a really good addition, but it was just not the right move to rework gunplay two times right after. it just shows that the studio had and has no clear focus and direction erroding trust and antagonizing. i mean after chapter 4 they had their then lead designer basically apologizing ( don't remember the name he left after chapter 5 ).
    also BFV is the first BF in a very very long time to be cut off over a year before the next title.
    BFV does nto enjoy the best of names with the community and from most other outlets and sure a lot of criticism especially early in the games life-cycle was harsh and part of it directed at the inclusion of some more lets say "historic-liberties" in the skin department (which i personally do not care about in the slightest BF could look like a stig-figure shooter as long as the gameplay is solid and stays engaging).
    DICE like i said did not perform up to par with the game and basically threw in the towel for BFV i know they do not admit it but it just feels that way, BR-mode underdeveloped and a joke compared to the competition, co-op is basically the same mission on different maps, test-range is a joke and the game is riddeled with basic issues like the team-balancer....
    at what point can you no longer excuse the corner cutting that went about in BFV, i mean double XP? oh wait the tech in the 2018 game is not there but in BF4 and BF1. oh well
  • PSJackman4
    433 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:
    This is Cody, from Alternate History Hub...
  • trip1ex
    5245 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2
    Carbonic said:
    some truth to that.  

But you could say if we never had videogames   then a lot of mediocre stuff would be pretty good.   IT's a pretty low bar if you take (out) what came before.  

Post edited by trip1ex on
  • Lotusninja_Akira
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wasted potential in my opinion. A lot of designed concepts never made into the game because of community backlash. It affected the developement of rest of the game after alpha and beta tests.

I am personally little tired of faster, disorganised pace these newer titles have achieved. Larger maps, greater objective distances, lower/higher player density in maps depending on scale of map, sprint fatigue, changes to spawning system and reload times, better chain of command and communication system (like communication ping markers) etc. would help to build better pacing, feeling of engagement, disengagement and traveling and orderliness of combat. Too much chaos and constant action hurts my enjoyment these days :)
  • Hawxxeye
    7810 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex said:
    Carbonic said:
    some truth to that.  

But you could say if we never had videogames   then a lot of mediocre stuff would be pretty good.   IT's a pretty low bar if you take what came before.  

BFV  would still be a controversial title with all these bugs