Squad lead theft

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What is the actual timeframe before an inactive squad leader gets the position taken from them? I'm too lazy to pick up a timer and wrangle a friend into spamming "need order" until I lose the SL so I'm hoping some clever forumer knows the answer.

(Full disclosure: I have no friends. :'( )
    ;)  :p
    60 seconds of inactivity is the magic number regarding squad leaders.

If you are SL and somebody requests an order,  If you do not set one within 60 seconds,  They get auto-assigned SL
    Thanks pal. It always felt like a decent length so it's good to know the actual timeframe. 60 seconds seems ample to me.

Yeah matches can be decided in less.
  • crazzeesyko
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A lot of people forget that on gamemodes like frontlines there is only one objective. If they request the order after you selected the only objective then you will lose your position. I dont get why just making it so that if there is an active order, the 'request order' button can't be pressed.
  • WetFishDB
    2289 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dinobass said:
    Problem is, someone requests an order (so you place one) but they keep spamming NEED ORDER and ultimately they steal squad leader when you're too busy PTFOing to toggle orders. DICE need to implement a system where if an order is requested and given, players are unable to request another order until the first order is fulfilled.
    It's probably been said, but if someone keeps spamming order then just kick them from the squad.
  • ElliotLH
    9216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    dinobass said:
    Problem is, someone requests an order (so you place one) but they keep spamming NEED ORDER and ultimately they steal squad leader when you're too busy PTFOing to toggle orders. DICE need to implement a system where if an order is requested and given, players are unable to request another order until the first order is fulfilled.

It's probably been said, but if someone keeps spamming order then just kick them from the squad.

100% this. I'll give them a chance if I've forgotten to set an order but if they do it when one is set then it's an instant kick (don't even care if I die in the process haha).

Plus sometimes you get in a fun mini-game where they keep rejoining and getting kicked.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My favorite is when they kick you from a squad for not playing the way they want to play, then you come back into the squad, request an order at a very chaotic time, retake command, then kick them and make the squad locked. It's somewhat enjoyable.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    dinobass said:

I agree, but the problem is if you’re under fire near an enemy flag.
    I’ve been demoted from Squad lead as I would be under an intense gun fight against multiple enemies with no break in action, and I don’t have even 1 second to kick someone, and even trying to assign a new squad order is risky when you’re under attack and you’re cover is being rushed by the enemy team.

This current system actually punishes good players who play the objective.
    While another squad leader could just Camp the back of the map, and spam orders while his team does all the work.

• Jezzzeh
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This issue is a case of:

"If you snooze...you lose'

Keep those orders coming :)
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    03MAZ995 said:
    My favorite is when they kick you from a squad for not playing the way they want to play, then you come back into the squad, request an order at a very chaotic time, retake command, then kick them and make the squad locked. It's somewhat enjoyable.

**** move... you are the type of person we're talking about. Congrats
    Hey. If you get unjustly kicked from a squad, is that really fair? If there's a system to abuse, the players can abuse it. That includes the kick and the squad system.
    Being kicked for no reason isn't fun. Getting payback when they do kick you is extremely entertaining. It goes beyond petty "shooting" at you in the game or shooting smoke when you're sniping. It's much more personal than that. It's much better and it ensures nobody gets improperly kicked by them again.
    Sure, I didn't know what situation this squad leader was in. All I know is that he really wanted to have a squad of 3 and the others didn't follow him when I kicked him.
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've never had problems getting the boot as SL, I usually don't even want the position.  I'm the guy that calls in sector artillery and gets 3 shells instead of the usual 15-30.

No, I actually have problems with trying to support my team in the air and requesting an order so I know where to bomb/strafe and ending up saddled with the position.  When you're flying you don't always have the liberty of placing orders or even placing someone else in charge and you definitely won't be calling in reinforcements, no matter how much you see your squad/team needs them.

Also, you can reissue an order you already gave, just give it again.  You don't get any audio que for it or see any changes but it does go through.
  • 03MAZ995
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    03MAZ995 said:

aRrAyStArTaT0 wrote: »

Hey. If you get unjustly kicked from a squad, is that really fair? If there's a system to abuse, the players can abuse it. That includes the kick and the squad system..Being kicked for no reason isn't fun. Getting payback when they do kick you is extremely entertaining. It goes beyond petty "shooting" at you in the game or shooting smoke when you're sniping. It's much more personal than that. It's much better and it ensures nobody gets improperly kicked by them again..Sure, I didn't know what situation this squad leader was in. All I know is that he really wanted to have a squad of 3 and the others didn't follow him when I kicked him.

Define unjustly kicked? You have no more right to be in a particular squad than I do. If the squad leader wants the squad to work as a team and someone's play style isn't meeting that intent, why shouldn't they be kicked in the hope of getting someone who will compliment the squad better?

There's nothing worse than having 3 people working together and then your other team member is a hill humper, MMG pronestar or decides to mess about on AA for the game. A fourth person to help cap, revive, drop ammo or help in a firefight is more valuable to a squad pushing the objective.

It's not personal and you really shouldn't take it as such. Nor should you get all toxic about it and troll a squad leader cos your feelings got hurt. It's a team game and success comes through teamwork. Getting kicked from a squad doesn't mean you're not allowed to play, just that your actions aren't adding value to what the squad is trying to do.

×Post edited by me cos it was deleted for swearing!×
  • Aurkonungr
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you set a objective and somebody asks about a order, you dont have to refresh the objective. By having no order for more then a minute and somebody asks for an objective, you can get kicked as leader.
    Ask about a objective - > 1 Minute time to set an order.
    Having a order will set the timer to infinity unless you have no order.

Spamming a question would not kick the leader immediately.
  • Hawxxeye
    7120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh said:
    This issue is a case of:

"If you snooze...you lose'

Keep those orders coming :)
    This results in people putting only attack orders which give less points in order to not have to refresh defense orders every 1 min or lose  the lead
  • mf_shro0m
    2312 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jarmet100 wrote: »
    If you are a squad leader and only care about the reinforcement points.. then maybe you shouldnt be squad leader. Lead your squad to victory. Always give them objective orders to attack/defend. There so be no down time between orders given.

Hate to break it to you dude but there are selfish mo fos in the world
  • Hawxxeye
    7120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i said:
    jarmet100 wrote: »
    If you are a squad leader and only care about the reinforcement points.. then maybe you shouldnt be squad leader. Lead your squad to victory. Always give them objective orders to attack/defend. There so be no down time between orders given.

Hate to break it to you dude but there are selfish mo fos in the world
    It all depends on the context.
    In PC there are 2 more ways to talk to the squad leader if you think he is not doing an optimal job.
    the leader change is a useful thing that sadly became tainted by the requisition points system.
    I miss the times where the leader was just the guy who gave orders and managed who is in the squad. Now the reinforcements mean that an important asset might or might not fall in the hands of someone who will not use it or use it poorly.
  • mf_shro0m
    2312 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When you’re playing as the Germans and someone requests an order you should hear something in English. It’s really annoying when you don’t clock the request for an order because you don’t understand german and so it goes under the radar
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    y_j_es_i said:
    When you’re playing as the Germans and someone requests an order you should hear something in English. It’s really annoying when you don’t clock the request for an order because you don’t understand german and so it goes under the radar
    Generally it comes up on screen saying <player> requested an order.
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    if someone steal your squad leadership you're a bad squad leader. 
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    edited April 2019
    03MAZ995 said:
    03MAZ995 said:

Hey. If you get unjustly kicked from a squad, is that really fair? If there's a system to abuse, the players can abuse it. That includes the kick and the squad system..Being kicked for no reason isn't fun. Getting payback when they do kick you is extremely entertaining. It goes beyond petty "shooting" at you in the game or shooting smoke when you're sniping. It's much more personal than that. It's much better and it ensures nobody gets improperly kicked by them again..Sure, I didn't know what situation this squad leader was in. All I know is that he really wanted to have a squad of 3 and the others didn't follow him when I kicked him.

Define unjustly kicked? You have no more right to be in a particular squad than I do. If the squad leader wants the squad to work as a team and someone's play style isn't meeting that intent, why shouldn't they be kicked in the hope of getting someone who will compliment the squad better?

There's nothing worse than having 3 people working together and then your other team member is a hill humper, MMG pronestar or decides to mess about on AA for the game. A fourth person to help cap, revive, drop ammo or help in a firefight is more valuable to a squad pushing the objective.

It's not personal and you really shouldn't take it as such. Nor should you get all toxic about it and troll a squad leader cos your feelings got hurt. It's a team game and success comes through teamwork. Getting kicked from a squad doesn't mean you're not allowed to play, just that your actions aren't adding value to what the squad is trying to do.

Do I really have to define unjust kicking? I mean kicking for no reason. Kicking for being "too low" on the scoreboard. Kicked for asking for an order. Kicked for playing sniper (regardless of how you're playing it, aggressively or not). Kicked for being in a tank (regardless of how you're playing the tank). Kicked for literally anything that's not reasonable by a normal standard. Heck, I've been kicked for just joining a squad of 3. Note, this does not include spamming for orders. This also does not include trying to troll the squad with smokes on top of the players or revealing positions. Those are justified kicks.
    If someone is doing something against the squad's best interest, it's always best to try and ask them to do better or differently. If they don't, then it's okay to kick them. But the first step in solving a problem is never to go to the CEO of a company. It should always be talking to them about the issue. It's childish to have a problem with someone and go to someone in higher standing than them to solve it.
  • 03MAZ995
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    03MAZ995 said:

03MAZ995 said:

Do I really have to define unjust kicking? I mean kicking for no reason. Kicking for being "too low" on the scoreboard. Kicked for asking for an order. Kicked for playing sniper (regardless of how you're playing it, aggressively or not). Kicked for being in a tank (regardless of how you're playing the tank). Kicked for literally anything that's not reasonable by a normal standard. Heck, I've been kicked for just joining a squad of 3. Note, this does not include spamming for orders. This also does not include trying to troll the squad with smokes on top of the players or revealing positions. Those are justified kicks.
    .If someone is doing something against the squad's best interest, it's always best to try and ask them to do better or differently. If they don't, then it's okay to kick them. But the first step in solving a problem is never to go to the CEO of a company. It should always be talking to them about the issue. It's childish to have a problem with someone and go to someone in higher standing than them to solve it.

Unjust in your eyes may be easily justifiable in someone elses... it's subjective.

Getting kicked for being too low on the scoreboard is a bit rough. I can understand kicking someone if they're in a tank camping on a hill or in an aircraft. Vehicles don't always work well with squad infantry play.

Getting kicked for playing sniper is situational and relative. If you're defending, they are fine. If you're playing Rush and the dude is standing at the back, see ya. If the sniper isn't supporting the squad from their optimal distance, spamming flares or using the spotting scope, bye bye.

I honestly think people get kicked because of how they are fitting into the squad. If I'm in a squad, I really want everyone rolling together. If your play style is having a negative impact on someone else's experience, they have avenues to do something about it.

If I join a squad and don't like how they are playing, I'll leave that squad. I'll keep changing until I find one I like. If I'm a squad leader and someone isn't fitting in, I speak to them on voip. I rarely have to kick anyone.

Everyone has the right to play the game how they want but that also means you may not gel with how others are playing. If people are constantly being kicked, they should have a look at how they are playing and have the maturity to realise that it's not personal.
  • ChiefSniper
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    dinobass said:
     Call me a knob, but I swiftly kick players (in the gonads) from my Squad that spam order requests when they know well fine that I'm placing orders. I've been getting less patient with them as time goes on. I kicked such a guy recently who then went on to flame me in the chat, saying he is the best player ever and I only kicked him because I was intimidated by him. Haha, sit down mate. I beat his butt, then he called me a hacker. Must have been past his bedtime.