Could the next BF be less campy?

lunajpsn
42 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited April 2019
Could the next battlefield please encourage less camping by:

- increasing visibility and target size of prone players
- increasing the muzzle flash all guns and reactivity of damage indicator (so you have more time to react)
- less assignments that call for 60 bi-pod kills or prone/campy daily assignments (really?)
- some Maps that aren’t huge open fields with little cover between flags (e.g., Hamada). Older BF games had cover that you could leap frog behind as you made your way to an objective giving you more of a chance against flag/objective campers
- Get rid of the weird nooks and crannies in maps that don’t serve any other purpose but to camp. Clearing a room/area and having to check some these small spaces exposes you to really bad angles of attack...and when you don’t check them a camper is usually prone

BF3/4 had a time to kill that is just as fast as BF5 but you still had more time to react..or during one hit deaths you AT LEAST saw the muzzleflash or direction of fire from tracers...

What do you think? Did I miss anything?

Comments

• aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lunajpsn said:
    Could the next battlefield please encourage less camping by:

- increasing visibility and target size of prone players
    - increasing the muzzle flash all guns and reactivity of damage indicator (so you have more time to react)
    - less assignments that call for 60 bi-pod kills or prone/campy daily assignments (really?)
    - some Maps that aren’t huge open fields with little cover between flags (e.g., Hamada). Older BF games had cover that you could leap frog behind as you made your way to an objective giving you more of a chance against flag/objective campers
    - Get rid of the weird nooks and crannies in maps that don’t serve any other purpose but to camp. Clearing a room/area and having to check some these small spaces exposes you to really bad angles of attack...and when you don’t check them a camper is usually prone

BF3/4 had a time to kill that is just as fast as BF5 but you still had more time to react..or during one hit deaths you AT LEAST saw the muzzleflash or direction of fire from tracers...

What do you think? Did I miss anything?
    The game is campy because there's entire classes of guns dedicated to becoming lasers when the player is laying down and/or stationary. In addition, vehicles are much more fragile than previous games and require ammo to be refilled, which is only possible at refill stations, which coincidentally also fill up armor/hp.
    It seems like a lot of the systems alone would work. Giving tanks ammo that needs to be refilled? Cool. But it needs to be able to be refilled via support as well. Giving tanks less armor? Cool. But unlimited ammo needs to be a thing. Give a class of guns bipods? That sounds like it would work. But we need to make them not have 99% accuracy at really any range.
    Like, it makes sense, but it's kindof a problem in a sense.
  • Hawxxeye
    7129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The counter to campers whose locations are known in indirect fire, which is the thing they reduced in BFV
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    The counter to campers whose locations are known in indirect fire, which is the thing they reduced in BFV
    The problem I'm having is that I can't really see them very well. They're largely protected or extremely small. They don't even show up on the mini-map when they're shooting while using the bi-pod (Take that and run with it DICE). Flares (something useful only at closeish range) is the only way to guarantee seeing them.
  • SirBobdk
    5137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    The game is campy because there's entire classes of guns dedicated to becoming lasers when the player is laying down and/or stationary.

Agree.
    And the lower visibility makes most people use 3x zoom, which again is for medium range fighting.
    Low TTK + Laser guns + 3 x zoom + low visibility = less mowement imo.

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe if Dice removed attrition and increased visibility the next BF game would be good. But you never know.
  • SirBobdk
    5137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe if Dice removed attrition and increased visibility the next BF game would be good. But you never know.
    I dont mind attrition for vehicles, but it's not working for infantry imo. But just make maps, gunplay and visibility as in BF3/4 and we are good imo.

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    I dont mind attrition for vehicles, but it's not working for infantry imo. But just make maps, gunplay and visibility as in BF3/4 and we are good imo.

Vehicle attrition is just as annoying because usually nobody builds supply stations and their placements across conquest maps are weird and hard to reach sometimes.
  • SirBobdk
    SirBobdk said:

Vehicle attrition is just as annoying because usually nobody builds supply stations and their placements across conquest maps are weird and hard to reach sometimes.
    That's true. Guess I only look at it from a pilot point of view.
  • I-Soldat-I
    1644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    BF V is a fail as far as sales go. They need to go back to what worked or the franchise will be finished like the MoH series. One more title launch will make or break the series
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    258 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    higher TTK, no attrition , 3D spot , better 3D audio, better visibility ...  ;)
    Post edited by THERAMPAGE_ci0h on
  • Killerplautze5XL
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @THERAMPAGE_ci0h you probably mean higher TTK.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    258 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    yes sorry ! i edit this !
  • oX_-oBIGBOSS-FoX
    238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Remove prone, remove crouch, remove environment texture, remove fortification, remove attrition, remove sniper, remove mmg, remove semi auto AR, remove ap mine, remove tank, remove player who stops moving for over one second... 
  • DavTan
    824 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope it's more "campy"
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14044 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Moved to off topic,  Since this has zero to do with BFV.
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bf has always been and should remain a campy game. Probably my favorite part about it is defending a single position or assaulting a defended area. It makes you think about tactics to take a position rather than mindlessly running and gunning. Albeit thats what most my team mates do anyway but thats a different topic.

If you dont want that try CoD. As much as im tired of hearing the comparison, the game focuses way more on constantly moving than battlefield does.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Bring back 3D spotting. Problem solved.

Bring back hardcore mode (for people who don’t want 3D spotting and/or like camping).
  • lunajpsn
    42 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I feel that the time to kill, lack of muzzle flash, and laser beam bipods will negate the 3-d spotting....

If the next battlefield is like this I don’t know if I’m going to buy it...guess I’ll find out when they release the beta for the next instalment
  • Agente_Silva
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    People camp because BF1 and BFV is actually a 64 player CoD game! It's just a pew pew fest with no place for tactics or team play!