UK servers [Megathread]

Comments

• dcs500
    1511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Podgeus said:
    Was just about to purchase this game, after reading the comments thank god i didn't. 

It's not that bad, this weekend I have played BF4, BFH, CoD MW and BFV, and BFV is still the better game, despite it's issues.
  • KPNuts74
    655 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Podgeus wrote: »
    Was just about to purchase this game, after reading the comments thank god i didn't. 

It’s still my fave FPS to date
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NuttySkunks said:
    Ping may increase but its not just that. Its playing with players with a lot higher ping rates affecting the server performance.

Guess UK servers are done. Ach well, BF5 was alright.

Not looking good for BF6 :/ Might not pre-order that one. 

The series has been in gradual decline for me, I wouldn't rule out not buying BF6 speaking for myself based upon this experience.  Whilst there are very different issues at hand from the comparison I'm about to make, I'm having the same enjoyment levels as the BF4 launch, and that was in a right state.

Battlefield 4 got better and kept it’s player base pretty well.
    This game has pretty much got worse and lost a huge amount of its player base in 6 month.

Why on earth you would even contemplate bf6 is rather bewildering
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah but when BF4 was released it was almost unplayable, as BFV is right now with the state of its server situation from my location.  Whilst some may say it is playable on German servers, well of course it is .... but the server quality and experience I am receiving from it goes right down hill to the extent where I hate playing it.  As for BF6, if the situation remains unchanged I will have lost all faith in Dice, so I won't be interested in any further sequels.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The salt in this thread is thicker than the Red Sea
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    Lol 16ms ping and it’s barely even playable!
    Dice your charlatans and that’s being polite.
    German servers...
    Shot behind cover
    One bullet death
    Rinse repeat

Post edited by ackers75 on
  • ackers75
    Epthy wrote: »
    ackers75 said:
    Lol 16ms ping and it’s barely even playable!

Dice your charlatans and that’s being polite.

German servers...

Shot behind cover

One bullet death

Rinse repeat

what we are noticing is the fall of ea, or the making of new changes that will get managers, directors replaced with more better ones that dont go behind customer backs and take things away, thus releasing better content

Battlefield won’t recover from this mess that’s for sure.
    And it looks like ea is in free fall thank god!
  • BillBailey0
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just uninstall it and play something else, the Battlefield franchise for PC is dead, just except it and move on.
  • ackers75
    edited April 2019
    Just lost for words how bad this game has turned out.

Patch after patch and it’s still this bad!
    The netcode is an absolute insult
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I felt it tonight. Beaten to the kill almost every time. Fair enough mid distance as I roll with the drilling but it was in CQC as well. 
  • doctorrocktor
    1932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Still no answer on this,great communication dice ea.Im not surprised the community gets aggressive with you,when you gonna learn.
  • bigiain
    354 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Grind was covering up a lot of the problems with losing the UK servers, going back to Squad Conquest - which ran well the last time - there's some really dodgy kills and deaths. Hardly anyone actually seems to be German, no one has a ping lower than 30 at times.
  • kwickfinger
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would have been happy with a few UK Grand Operation/ Breakthrough servers. There was never many to begin with anyway.
    I don’t remember asking for a silly battle Royale Firestorm game mode.
    The whole reason battlefield was a success was it’s ability to give a semi-realistic experience.
    When you start trying to change direction to please “casual” players the danger of trying to please all of the people creeps in.
    I’m not here to hate on the game as it’s given me countless hours of fun.
    I believe that the developers of this game have completely lost touch with what the original player base actually wants.
    They scrap premium and then introduce in game currency, bring new game modes before broken elements of the game are fixed.
    Not sure what target they are aiming at but looks like they may have shot themselves in the foot with this one.

• SilverSurfer67
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i was told there are no uk servers! nearest are Ireland, i usually get put onto German Servers automatically when i play for some reason!
  • dcs500
    1511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i was told there are no uk servers! nearest are Ireland, i usually get put onto German Servers automatically when i play for some reason!
    BF1 had Irish, Dutch and German servers, BFV had UK and German servers, now only German.
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I used to use the Irish servers in BF1 too. 
    BFV servers are being hosted by Amazon AWS, whose UK server location (to my best knowledge) is in London.  Forgive me if  I'm wrong, I'm guessing by no longer utilising the UK services that refers to the London server, and that Ireland servers have never been used in the current game as I've never seen them in the server list.
  • E4runder
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No direct answer from support.  BUT they are in breach of their own T&C's.

Did you get notified of
    "EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON..."
     https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/ea.com/service-updates - Shock horror 404...

If your THAT annoyed and want a refund go for it.

Spent over an hour with Support with no direct answer, no offence to whom I was speaking to and I don't feel it appropriate to copy and paste here but it's upto you guys/girls what you do and how you feel.

All the best, Ear x 
  • RayD_O1
    1132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 said :
    Finally, I'm pushing to get clarity on next steps - will they come back, what data is this generating, etc. 

Hoping he can clear this up soon and fingers crossed maybe get the UK servers reinstated, thanks Braddock.
  • Lauzagne
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone got any update on this? I still see no UK servers. Spoken with EA customer service and their response was to do a clean reboot of PC (lol) Needless to say that didn't help..... the guy I spoke to was probably bullshitting me but he reckoned UK servers were still up and running it's just me/us that can't see them....??
This discussion has been closed.