[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• V0MlT
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 23
    C0baIt said:
    When you guys stop giving EA your money and just  quit the game all together, you'll feel much better and soon forget Battlefield ever existed. I've never been a CoD fan, much less a fanboy, but at least they listen when it  comes to fixing things. 
    and punkbuster still works. (profanity removed by moderator), I've been done for Months now and it feels great. 

same here, uninstalled it too, might reinstall it and then uninstall it again a few times when im not using the pc
    for anything more interesting, just to use some ea bandwidth.

only check on  here to see if their has been any positive action with regards to sorting this hackfest out.
    Have to see though reading peoples comments, its looks like things are getting worse, will be the last ea game i pay for, that is a certainty.
    Post edited by Carbonic on
  • OftenShot
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Now they are moving weapons/gadgets unlocks/rewards to the upcoming chapter 6 instead of the weekly Tow. This is just going to encourage cheating even more on PC to get to that last unlock and ultimate cheater weapon.

They are also tweaking the earn rate of Chapter XP at the End of Round to better reward players who place higher on the scoreboard. Again encourage people to cheat.

• AK_Stealthy_A
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Tom said:
    Hey all,

We do understand encountering cheaters causes a negative impact on your gaming experience. We want to give you an opportunity to share your thoughts about cheating and what can be done to combat it. Any feedback you may have can be posted in this thread. When posting your comments, please remember:
    • Familiarize yourself with the forum rules & guidelines, here
    • Don't name & shame other players
    • Be constructive
    Keep in mind we don't speak for the anti-cheat team on these forums. While we can forward your feedback, we won't be able to comment directly on ongoing efforts to combat cheating.

Lastly, this is a gentle reminder that our forums are not the place to report in-game cheating. If you'd like to report a user, please follow the steps as listed in this article: 
    https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Thank you,

-Tom

Its simple @EA_Tom you have stated this "We want to give you an opportunity to share your thoughts about cheating and what can be done to combat it."

We know you don't have any anti-cheat working even though EA state that you have you must have forgotten to run the program as cheating is out of control.

Simple get an anti-cheat system (that works) and run it; other game manufacturers do it.
    Introduce hardware, IP addresses, mobile numbers, and full account bans. We want all types of hack detected, including mouse macros.
    These are our thoughts the community has been asking for this since the launch of BFV now get it DONE! see its simple
  • GenCuster
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 24
    BfV is nothing but one
    Beta version of the future Bf6 ...
    We paid dearly for a Beta, thinking of buying a game in AAA.
    I think they are getting two things ....
    - keep us calm and busy for a couple of years.
    - cashing in money from a Beta version.
    Hopefully the wait is worth it ... that is, a really working AC.

• GenCuster
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    P.S.
    Really also the other titles (Bf2BC, Bf3, Bf4 and Bf1)
    are having an incredible meltdown .... cheat in free sale ?? Excellent corporate image policy. :D:D:D

• bsafawi1974
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 24
    Too many unhappy regular Players
    Too many happy cheaters
    Options
    stop EA to give a services to Spectur mode players in Xbox one and PS4 Platform cheaters use that with 2 accounts in the same time
    Take a photo of scoreboard every round in the game and Report every fake players ( cheater s) to EA Helps
    Make them suffer let the EA Help determined them accounts .
    Post edited by bsafawi1974 on
  • pajsner
    105 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EXILE157 said:
    Unfortunately, most people just don't understand how powerful consumers are united as one. We play a vital role in the economic system of a nation without us Sales fall, Profits fall, Companies will fall... A powerful yet simple action we the consumers have, but we tend to protest against the wrong things in general.

We're the one causing all this to happen, we're the ones that keep allowing EA/DICE to do this and that's the major problem. We are the Problem! not EA/DICE...

-When you stop buying garbage, companies will stop making garbage - 
    The only way EA/DICE would actually listen and make changes for the better.

You are so right in what you say, but unfortunately many will fall for their advertising campaigns. Advertising campaigns are the only thing that has progressed and developed in this series. Therefore, I think Dice's patented anti-cheat will be hyped up big for the next release of this series, now we take the cheating seriously just to lure back those who have lost confidence in their work against cheaters. https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/c45x8u/dice_weve_fixed_cheating_in_battlefield_v/ These are reasons that I completely abandon EA today and tomorrow.
  • EXILE157
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 26
    [post removed because I broke the rules]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • EXILE157
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 26
    EXILE157 said:
    Thank you for proving my point.

I never mention or started a posted link with anyone's name, I just replied to another member agreeing with me.

You can Jail me all you want FP, you will never silence the TRUTH... As a matter of fact, I would like to keep that as my avatar.
  • research-kitchen
    408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What an epic thread 86 pages and counting!  It was difficult not to buy bf5 I had bought almost every title up to 5.  Played the alpha and beta and knew it was a mess, and now the cheating is apparently out of control.  I'm not sure of our options in future titles about cheating, but I do know that I will not pre order another bf game and will wait and see if it has a working anti cheat.  Then I will think about buying the next bf title.
  • CHEAPM4N
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    uncontrollable cheater, uninstall, this is end of battlefield franchise. AAA game without anti cheat
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14299 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited January 26
    EXILE157 said:
    EXILE157 said:
    Thank you for proving my point.

I never mention or started a posted link with anyone's name, I just replied to another member agreeing with me.

You can Jail me all you want FP, you will never silence the TRUTH... As a matter of fact, I would like to keep that as my avatar.
    Don't discuss moderation,  or break any of the rules and it won't be an issue,  will it? 

And to clarify,  Discussing moderation comes in various forms.

For example,  posting about previous infractions handed down to you,  referring to any moderator as "forum police" is nonconstructive and is also considered to be bait,  as in.. baiting for a response.

Our obligation is not to "silence the truth",  our obligation is to simply enforce the rules that EA has set.

If you have difficulty in abiding with them,  You're free to read the posts and not respond,  thus removing any potential of violating the rules further.

Here are the rules,  please familiarise yourself with them to prevent further infractions.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/137240/battlefield-forum-rules-and-guidelines#latest

Thank you.
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • NuttysKunKs
    534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Has anyone actually been banned?

What we need is a fair cheater who goes about shooting the cheaters.

That would be funny.. and probably doable in this games blackcurrant state....
  • FritzCT
    333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Has anyone actually been banned?

What we need is a fair cheater who goes about shooting the cheaters.

That would be funny.. and probably doable in this games blackcurrant state....
    Plenty have been banned it just seems to take ages for it to happen to even the most obvious cheats.

That in itself is a problem because it's so easy and cheap to get a new account so why would the cheat care? They must know that there is a good chance that eventually they will get banned but they also know they can get a good run at it before that happens.

Let's not kid ourselves, EA/ DICE must be well aware of what's happening but for whatever reason they can't or won't address the problem.

If the blatant cheats could be banned quickly and even a half decent balancing system introduced then IMO the impact of the closet cheats would be insignificant. That doesn't make it right, cheating is still a scummy thing to do but it stops it being game changing.

Fritz

• lassarusenTTV
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    this bullsh't game is out of controll, moderators takeing side with the lowlifes, everyone is pissed of, lets leave this game to a silent death and go play a game where developers care, that would be modern warfare wich is far supreme to this game. yes im promoting call of duty cause its a beauty of a game. everything works fine, lets go and play it. come on into a game that delete hackers and not protect them from a "witch hunt" this comment will be deleted by a moderator on lsd in 3 2 1 0
  • kamisama187
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I quit playing BF1 because of cheating. Now I am quitting BF5 too.. I have played ALL the versions of BF since BF1942 but I can't handle it anymore. We have no options to deal with the cheaters in-game, so they get what they want and kills an entire server/game. We can report, yes, but they are so many, that it changes nothing. 

We REALLY BADLY NEED the option to kick a player by vote-kick like in BF2. And we need it NOW. 

It is the single most needed update to the game, and NOTHING should be implementet into the game before that. After that, you can slow-discuss how to handle the problem better in the future.

I'm done with reporting.  We bought the game, NOT OUR BLOODY JOB.  If they want us to police their game, give us the tools to do so, but otherwise it's all on them.  They are cashing in, they are responsible for a good experience, not us.
  • hambaci_kuranger
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    just for order guys.

All reports which you make over Origin if you saw cheater in Battlefield V you can found here: https://help.ea.com/en/my-cases/
    This game don't have any special or specific option for reporting cheater. Reporting cheaters over Origin is nonsense. It is normal contancting Customer Support Service. My latest solved report is from July, 2019 so make your own judgment how access have EA for these game.
  • Benza19
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played BF since the beginning, enjoied BF2142 (the most beautifull BF of the saga), than BF3 (awesome), BF4, then BF1 (only few hours), and then this, and never as in this version i consanctly have the impression i'm playing against cheaters...
    I don't know how it's possible, but the TTK of your enemy is always extremely low againts yours. I have ALSWAYS no way to esacape a fight, NEVER, this game become a metter of millisecond of reaction.
    Then you see people performing 42-0, 24-1 and so on... this is not the saga i started to play and i enjoyed for yeasr, this is a bad copy of CoD
This discussion has been closed.