[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• TheRealFoe
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So I was watching someone after I died in firestorm and his bullets went from 4 to 240 while he was firing  , I was told that spectating doesn't  give an accurate display of bullets , so I was thinking that's not good but it doesn't explain why the bullets' went from 4 to 240 . anyway so recently I was playing firestorm with a squad and I was knocked out , watching my squad mate he said  without me asking I only have two bullets left and I could  clearly see he only had 2 bullets left.  so does spectate only show accurately sometimes, or was it just a excuse.

• losthunter340
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I understand that this thread is about cheating in the game but since Braddock512 answered a server question but cant follow up with other answers becuse (I think he dont really know what to answer becuse the statistic tells we are right about how bad the community servers are) (No offence to you Braddock, you seem to do good job here on the forum), but dont defend something that was so poorly done...

Anyway, that my last comment about the server side of things in this topic.

ON TOPIC:
    I still feel that the anti cheat system needs to be worked on alot, when DICE said they where not done with BF5 and wanted to put down more work into it I hope that they prio the cheaters and not putting out cosmetics and guns in the tides of war tree to get some players to buy XP for real money to be the 1st one to get it!

New content is always good to get but the cheaters must be handled asap, all the bad news article of this beeing one of the easiest game to cheat on or whatever it was some months back is not good at all...

I am not that kind of player who scream "cheater" as soon someone kills me, I know there is alot better players out there then me but I have experience to try to catch cheaters as my status as admin on servers back in the days (not BF servers) but you can clearly spot when someone are cheating and when someone are not if you take your time with it, this dosent make me a expert in anyway I just saying I have some experience.

• xX-ALeIaQ-Xx
    377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 30
    At this point in the "cheating in BFV" situation, and on page 414 of this thread, now that we have come this far ... I hope that the number of cheaters in the game will become such that it is impossible to play even for those who still manage to say: Git gud or who can tell another player that he is not good enough to understand the difference between a good player and a cheater (70% there is no difference, many youtubers use private VIP cheats to make funny videos, just shoot holding down shift when needed).

If anyone has any doubts, he can go to the leaderboard of the Battletracker site and click on the "twich" of the first player in the ranking, the last played the day before yesterday.

I believe that the age of the child in question and his gameplay should make everyone think here , at least talking of experience ... he has played over 8000 rounds as many games ruined. Also on YT a lots of video where other , frustrated guys , watches as spectator this guys can help to understand.

So if 1 only ,the one,  can play 8000 rounds ... maybe you want take a look for some guys down in the ranking ??? is the same [removed - do not circumvent the filter]

my 2 cents
  • 5nnuggles
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nobody uses community games, they are about as bad as combined arms, and now (not so)grand operations. Why not implement some votekick/temp ban option to the servers like the good old days, blatant hackers will spend more time in the menus and the community would see it as a temporary option until the anti cheat is actually working. I played on about 8 different servers tonight, each one had 1 or 2 players blatantly cheating.
  • CombatDan3A
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Buying different games. Done with the hacks on BF. They (Dice) do nothing and will continue to do so. Dice isn't smart enough to beat the hackers.
  • headbangza
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    its really enough for me, i cant take it anymore. there was three full of cheater (multihack) squad in the firestorm yesterday. that anti cheat system totally disabled i think. thank you, i paid for money to being mad.
  • Benza19
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    [CUT]

Complete agree with you.
    Expecially the part where you compare this title to other "monsters" like Bad company 2 or 2142.

• MrDaleJrNr3
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 31
    Came back to check in on this [ removed ] game situation, and surprise surprise, developers have still not greeded enough money to care about making proper anti-cheat yet. I think I will just completely give up on the game, won't bother checking in again. I knew buying an EA product (first one after 7 years) was a big mistake.

[ implying vulgarity is just as  bad as posting it - abide by the rules ]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • pajsner
    105 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Everyone should remember that it is only Dice who has built this engine, and it is only Dice that knows how it works in its entirety. The hackers only exploit the weaknesses that Dice has allowed them to do. Therefore, it is ridiculous to refer to, wake up EA and Dice. EA and Dice know exactly what they are doing in their financial calculations, so keep in mind who is the real victim.
    It makes me think of the old wisdom: Who is the craziest, the idiot or his companion.
  • Carbonic
    1894 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    pajsner said:
    Everyone should remember that it is only Dice who has built this engine, and it is only Dice that knows how it works in its entirety. The hackers only exploit the weaknesses that Dice has allowed them to do. Therefore, it is ridiculous to refer to, wake up EA and Dice. EA and Dice know exactly what they are doing in their financial calculations, so keep in mind who is the real victim.
    It makes me think of the old wisdom: Who is the craziest, the idiot or his companion.
    Actually it's the Frostbite Team within EA that builds and maintains the current Frostbite 3.0. An engine that most studios in EA use.
    Sentences like "The hackers only exploit the weaknesses that Dice has allowed them to do" only show a severe lack of how application execution, networking, game engines, and their toolsets work.

If this is your way of saying that it's your opinion that EA should do more to combat cheating then that is completely fine. I too would like to see cheaters and cheating getting handled in a better way. However, in my opinion, the arguments listed in that post are just not usable. There's no game in existence where developers decided to "'not' leave weaknesses to be exploited thus making the game hacker and cheating proof", it simply can't be done.
  • NN_Buzz12
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    At the end of the day, what could have been a good game is nothing more than a joke on the consumer. EA inability to fix or at least show a tangible effort to manage the rampant cheating is inexcusable.

Their lack of respect for the customer won’t be forgotten.
  • Jinko_itx
    775 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 1
    Has anyone actually been banned?

What we need is a fair cheater who goes about shooting the cheaters.

That would be funny.. and probably doable in this games blackcurrant state....
    For sure - I am guessing on the Asian Servers they are banning a minimum of 20-30 accounts daily - maybe more. It really is that bad!! But u rarely see a rage hacker above rank 60 which is an indicator (they can get to rank 60 in a day or so). However, there are a few that get through which highlights the sporadic nature of the current anti cheat system.  Today I encountered a player with 21,000 kills and 20,000 of them were headshots - rank 115.  That is an outright failure of whatever system they are using!!! - especially as today is Tuesday - nobody gets banned on Sunday would u believe.
    EA/DICE is manually banning ppl, and they have a skeleton crew, for what I have heard, FF is not even active, theres a compatibility problem, xfering FF from BF1 to this game is causing latency issues to the point where FF is not even active. you saying that no one is getting banned on Sundays only makes sense

Edit: also finding out on some cheat sites, anyone that gets banned from their cheat software can buy a new code for one dollor, DICE really screwed the pooch on this one
  • Jinko_itx
    775 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So I have yet to add to this forum. However, after reviewing 88 pages of the players discussing the cheating problem that has ruined and plagued one of the best video game franchises made in the past 20 years. I thought it was time to add my comments. I have been playing Battlefield 5 since launch, and I can say that in the beginning there were very few people cheating but they appeared to disappear quickly.
    As time passed, I started seeing more and more people cheating to the point we are at now. You cannot join a server without at least one person at a minimum using some type of cheat, cheating is any modification of the game outside the normal settings in the options menu. This includes LOD changes to the data files, Aimbots, ESP,  No recoil, All macros, in general, are cheats as they are software outside the game used to create an effect that would normally be completed by hand,  Advanced alerts and so. There are so many things these players are using every day and yet the two companies claim they have solved the problem.
    Reporting has done nothing for most of these closet cheaters. I still see at least 30 cheaters in various "clans" who claim to have skill. Some of which stream live on Twitch and can be observed obviously cheating. The leader boards are full of cheaters. Its become so normal that players are starting to not notice the cheating because so many are now that it appears almost normal.
    Most matches consist of the cheaters leading the scoring every match. it's not possible to be aware of everyone on the server and always be prepared. There are just too many players running around. I got curious as to just how many variations of these cheats were available so I checked out a link for cheating for the game. Here is a snippet of info from that page "We’ve been coding hacks for Battlefield for over 16 years now, so we have the most experience making a BFV Hack. We have three layers of protection to keep you and your account safe." As you can see unless you're being blatant and just rampaging headshots with a support gun on the server  Fairfight becomes useless. the reporting feature also only looks for blatant cheating. yet 100's of subtle cheaters keep going on ruining games for the rest of us. Besides, 16 years? You mean to tell me the two companies are unable to stop this. Even though the law is being broken on copyright infringement. Wake up folks at EA and DICE, they are modifying your code and selling it for profit.
    I love the Battlefield franchise and have been playing since BF 1942. If the two companies cannot get this under control I fear the game will lose its appeal to the majority of the player base. This thread alone is a testament to how much of a problem it is.
    Bring back private servers, punk buster, and realistic recoil to the game. Also, bring back realistic weapons and all vehicles. {what happened to ships?) (what happened to squad leader only spawns?). Why do the companies keep creating early 20th century battles and trying to make them politically correct by adding females using weapons,  weapons that are non-existent and impractical? There were no 1k rounds per second weapons other than The MG42 which was the dominating weapon of  WW2. Yet in-game it is more like a bb gun than a showstopper. The mg42 fired so rapidly it could shred concrete buildings to swiss cheese. realism has slowly eroded and that's why cheating has become an epidemic in the game.
    It's no longer about teamwork, it is about kills and death's ratio. Players stat-padding by leaving the match if the team they are on is losing. some of the most discussed versions of Battlefield are Bad Company 2, Vietnam, and 2142. Yet none of these titles have been remastered and released. It is a sad day for players to pay for a product with a terms of service agreement that states modifying the game is grounds for termination of use yet the two companies breach their own terms of service by allowing this to continue unabated.
    I do not claim to be one of the best players.  I am not a poor player by any means, and I am not ignorant to the fact when I see unrealistic gameplay while playing matches. I find myself leaving most servers as soon as I see some of the names I know are cheating in the game. The sad part is I keep seeing them continue to play ranking up quickly to 200, 300, even 400. I have played 100's of hours and have barely hit 100. So tell me to "Get Gud" when I am consistently killed by magical players who dominate the games I play in repeatedly using modifications to the game.
    For now, I have retired my helmet from Battlefield 5 and unfortunately although not the best game in the franchise it was enjoyable even as short-lived as it was. I hope the two developers realize the mistakes and correct them for the next game. I won't be buying it until its verified the anti-cheat system works properly. Sorry for the long-winded post.
    most if not all services has a two step verification for security that is very effective and yet since this game is having hacking problems, you would think they would implement it in this game as it would dramatically cut down the cheating.
  • xX-ALeIaQ-Xx
    377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jinko_itx said:
    So I have yet to add to this forum. However, after reviewing 88 pages of the players discussing the cheating problem that has ruined and plagued one of the best video game franchises made in the past 20 years. I thought it was time to add my comments. I have been playing Battlefield 5 since launch, and I can say that in the beginning there were very few people cheating but they appeared to disappear quickly.
    As time passed, I started seeing more and more people cheating to the point we are at now. You cannot join a server without at least one person at a minimum using some type of cheat, cheating is any modification of the game outside the normal settings in the options menu. This includes LOD changes to the data files, Aimbots, ESP,  No recoil, All macros, in general, are cheats as they are software outside the game used to create an effect that would normally be completed by hand,  Advanced alerts and so. There are so many things these players are using every day and yet the two companies claim they have solved the problem.
    Reporting has done nothing for most of these closet cheaters. I still see at least 30 cheaters in various "clans" who claim to have skill. Some of which stream live on Twitch and can be observed obviously cheating. The leader boards are full of cheaters. Its become so normal that players are starting to not notice the cheating because so many are now that it appears almost normal.
    Most matches consist of the cheaters leading the scoring every match. it's not possible to be aware of everyone on the server and always be prepared. There are just too many players running around. I got curious as to just how many variations of these cheats were available so I checked out a link for cheating for the game. Here is a snippet of info from that page "We’ve been coding hacks for Battlefield for over 16 years now, so we have the most experience making a BFV Hack. We have three layers of protection to keep you and your account safe." As you can see unless you're being blatant and just rampaging headshots with a support gun on the server  Fairfight becomes useless. the reporting feature also only looks for blatant cheating. yet 100's of subtle cheaters keep going on ruining games for the rest of us. Besides, 16 years? You mean to tell me the two companies are unable to stop this. Even though the law is being broken on copyright infringement. Wake up folks at EA and DICE, they are modifying your code and selling it for profit.
    I love the Battlefield franchise and have been playing since BF 1942. If the two companies cannot get this under control I fear the game will lose its appeal to the majority of the player base. This thread alone is a testament to how much of a problem it is.
    Bring back private servers, punk buster, and realistic recoil to the game. Also, bring back realistic weapons and all vehicles. {what happened to ships?) (what happened to squad leader only spawns?). Why do the companies keep creating early 20th century battles and trying to make them politically correct by adding females using weapons,  weapons that are non-existent and impractical? There were no 1k rounds per second weapons other than The MG42 which was the dominating weapon of  WW2. Yet in-game it is more like a bb gun than a showstopper. The mg42 fired so rapidly it could shred concrete buildings to swiss cheese. realism has slowly eroded and that's why cheating has become an epidemic in the game.
    It's no longer about teamwork, it is about kills and death's ratio. Players stat-padding by leaving the match if the team they are on is losing. some of the most discussed versions of Battlefield are Bad Company 2, Vietnam, and 2142. Yet none of these titles have been remastered and released. It is a sad day for players to pay for a product with a terms of service agreement that states modifying the game is grounds for termination of use yet the two companies breach their own terms of service by allowing this to continue unabated.
    I do not claim to be one of the best players.  I am not a poor player by any means, and I am not ignorant to the fact when I see unrealistic gameplay while playing matches. I find myself leaving most servers as soon as I see some of the names I know are cheating in the game. The sad part is I keep seeing them continue to play ranking up quickly to 200, 300, even 400. I have played 100's of hours and have barely hit 100. So tell me to "Get Gud" when I am consistently killed by magical players who dominate the games I play in repeatedly using modifications to the game.
    For now, I have retired my helmet from Battlefield 5 and unfortunately although not the best game in the franchise it was enjoyable even as short-lived as it was. I hope the two developers realize the mistakes and correct them for the next game. I won't be buying it until its verified the anti-cheat system works properly. Sorry for the long-winded post.
    most if not all services has a two step verification for security that is very effective and yet since this game is having hacking problems, you would think they would implement it in this game as it would dramatically cut down the cheating.
    Is not so hard to create an Anticheat , just the right question if you want really create it...
    in a word , what is wrong to protect specific processes using ObRegisterCallbacks  ???
    Why do not make an internal anticheats as demon , why ...?
    An Anticheat need to works like a cheat , then not a single dev can read or writememory anonimously.

I have not enough money and game specs to develop it, but maybe someone in Dice can do.

Others my 2 cents in this cause.
This discussion has been closed.