Battlefield V no longer available for Access Basic?

2»

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    14359 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I've asked a DICE community manager to see if he can find out what's going on.

Hopefully can get an official answer regarding this.
  • Wizlon67
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Thanks dude, I think that it is just a launcher error as the website still shows it as part of basic and people can still play.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14359 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Wizlon67 said:

Thanks dude, I think that it is just a launcher error as the website still shows it as part of basic and people can still play.
    Thats my take on it too.

From what a couple other volunteer mods can tell,  It looks like something on the backend was changed which is triggering the issue.

Any information you can give about how you got the game to launch? 

i.e did you "get the game" again?  Or did you manage to launch via a shortcut on the desktop or something?

Obviously the more info you can give,  The easier the teams can identify the problem and put a fix out for it.

Thanks!
  • Wizlon67
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wizlon67 said:

Thats my take on it too.

From what a couple other volunteer mods can tell,  It looks like something on the backend was changed which is triggering the issue.

Any information you can give about how you got the game to launch? 

i.e did you "get the game" again?  Or did you manage to launch via a shortcut on the desktop or something?

Obviously the more info you can give,  The easier the teams can identify the problem and put a fix out for it.

Thanks!

I just clicked play in the launcher, tried it from the desktop shortcut also worked fine, went to origin web page and it also launched with no problem.

• LOLGotYerTags
    edited August 3
    Wizlon67 said:

I just clicked play in the launcher, tried it from the desktop shortcut also worked fine, went to origin web page and it also launched with no problem.

Thanks for clarifying.

@ErrOrZ48  @azzbeeter1394

Can you both clarify if launching via the desktop shortcut,  start menu and origin launcher works for you?

If you haven't done so,  Try logging out of Origin and then logging back in.

It could just be a backend glitch in the licensing server,  A restart of origin or a logout/login should refresh your account.

:edit: 
    So I've heard back from a community manager and it is confirmed that there is a bug affecting only BFV and star wars battlefront 2 regarding origin access basic.

It may take some time to fix the issue so please hang tight as best you can if you are a user that is impacted by the issue.

They'll try to get you back on the battlefield as quickly as they can.
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Wizlon67
    Hey @everyone - confirmed there is currently a bug with Origin Access Basic entitlement for Battlefield V (and SWBFII). 
    Team is working on it. 

As I get updates, I'll share them here. 

-Braddock512

Thank you.

Just mulling over a few things; Is this maybe connected to the Steam collaboration and inclusion of Origin Access to Steam? Is it a regional thing? Are there basic members who do not have this issue?
  • Lord_Pretend
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey @everyone - confirmed there is currently a bug with Origin Access Basic entitlement for Battlefield V (and SWBFII). 
    Team is working on it. 

-Braddock512
    This also happens with NFS payback and Battlefield 1
  • Wizlon67

How long has it been happening on those games?
  • Carbonic
    1935 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited August 5
    I'll poke them about the NFS payback and Battlefield 1 thing, it does appear for me as being included in basic though.
  • Carbonic
    1935 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Team is working on it. 

-Braddock512
    Can you tell me where in the world you are located to potentially speed things up?
  • EA_Atic
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Wizlon67 said:
    Team is working on it. 

-Braddock512

Thank you.

Just mulling over a few things; Is this maybe connected to the Steam collaboration and inclusion of Origin Access to Steam? Is it a regional thing? Are there basic members who do not have this issue?
    No, this issue is unrelated to steam collaboration. 

All Origin Access Basic members are having this issue.