BF1 Muromets

«1
dA_9_eL_81
1908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
why should the Muromets be removed from the game and why are you angry about that decision?

Comments

  • Titan_Awaken
    1275 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hold on, am I missing a crucial update here or is this just a hypothetical "what if" situation? 

    If it's the latter: No I don't think it should be removed from the game. Coffin bombers provide good points when you down them.  
  • TheGM86
    915 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Coffin bombers provide good points when you down them.  
    Getting 14 kills in exchange for 1 death is still in the skill bombers favor no matter how hard you try to pretend otherwise.

  • PSJackman4
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The muromets are pretty good when they are piloted by a skilled pilot. But due to their slow speed and large mass, they can be taken down quite easily. They are kind of balanced that way.
  • Trokey66
    9089 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Murmonts should never have been in the game, don't forget, it can have a Repair Monkey!
  • Rudrn
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    muromets are fine tbh they are large turn slowly and are pretty much good for one pass before you go down, ts the mortar trucks that need to be removed from attackers in operations too often they just can sit back and farm kills while their infantry get massacred with no armor to help push.
  • wsupchris1222444
    956 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The scrubs that use that bomber usually go high altitude and wipe out half the team, and either go for another pass or if they get shot down they wait a minute for the next one. Watched a guy go 38-13 yesterday and he would only spawn on the bomber, he would bail out and try to pistol whip some stray scout but he failed. Its sad to watch the players who camp vehicles all game wait for another tank or plane to spawn and if they can't have it they switch teams or leave.
  • MarxistDictator
    5249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    they should make bombers a map call in like the bombing bunker in 1943. that way I can wait outside and actually kill those lamers when they get their one strafe off instead of them bailing out of bounds.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1275 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Getting 14 kills in exchange for 1 death is still in the skill bombers favor no matter how hard you try to pretend otherwise.

    Or you can go 50-0 in an Attack Plane, farming infantry the whole match.

    I’ll keep saying it if I have to: No pilot who is serious about farming infantry and maximising KD will pick the coffin bomber over an Attack Plane or Fighter.

    Long term benefit > Short term gains
  • MarxistDictator
    5249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t know what platform you play but people don’t let you farm up 50 kills unopposed in an attack plane either, I have like 80k kills with it at this point and I have fighters galore at 20. Throw in an AA camper, truck or a rocket gun and it’s curtains. A fighter I can last all round but even in my best games getting more than 60 is work.

    Meanwhile you can just toss a bomber out and get 20 kills in one strafe.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1275 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t know what platform you play but people don’t let you farm up 50 kills unopposed in an attack plane either, I have like 80k kills with it at this point and I have fighters galore at 20. Throw in an AA camper, truck or a rocket gun and it’s curtains. A fighter I can last all round but even in my best games getting more than 60 is work.
    Well of course there's going to be opposition.

    Like unless if the enemy is quite literally brain dead, they will shoot back at you if you shoot at them. But I digress, the point I'm trying to make is that your longevity is greatly improved upon when you choose an Attack Plane or a Fighter over the snail-paced, giant flying hitbox that is the Muromets bomber.
    Meanwhile you can just toss a bomber out and get 20 kills in one strafe.
    While 20 kill bombing runs are common, several prerequisite conditions must be met. You can't just hop in a Muromets bomber at any point in the match and expect to pull off a 20 kill bombing run every time.

    Let's say you do manage to get the 20 kill strafe. What next? What comes after? You die a short while later that's what. So like I said:

    Long term benefits over short term gains. 
  • Trokey66
    9089 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This demonstrates how rediculously easy it is to get large multi kills even when the enemy engage.



    There are many other examples......
  • Titan_Awaken
    1275 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    This demonstrates how rediculously easy it is to get large multi kills even when the enemy engage.

    image

    There are many other examples......
    And in true coffin bomber fashion, it dies immediately after. 
  • MarxistDictator
    5249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 5
    Yeah but using another plane requires you to actually do well, and in scenarios where they put up resistance you will not do well. It’s balanced by the skill floor and the fact that players can stop you.

    The bomber succeeds regardless and is extremely disruptive to people playing on the ground. Unless you circle their plane spawn and blow them up with a rocket fighter, they will pull those massive strafes even if they die and the only breakup to that is the plane spawn timer.

    No other plane does that, but you defend the bomber in every thread as though it’s not something stupidly out of place. And no, you don’t have to die every strafe with it either. So when that occurs (the same situations that enable your 50-0 attack plane games) the margins get even bigger, for even less skill, it’s the definition of terrible balance.
  • TheGM86
    915 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Getting 14 kills in exchange for 1 death is still in the skill bombers favor no matter how hard you try to pretend otherwise.

    Or you can go 50-0 in an Attack Plane, farming infantry the whole match.

    I’ll keep saying it if I have to: No pilot who is serious about farming infantry and maximising KD will pick the coffin bomber over an Attack Plane or Fighter.

    Long term benefit > Short term gains
    Oh ye of little brains. your own sweaty try hardery is blinding you to the topic at hand. why should somebody TRY to get a lot of kills with an Attack Plane when one could simply grab a skill bomber and flatten bases over and over on operations and just DO it. Why get locked into a circle off with butt grumped dog fighter while flying an Attack Plane while glassing a base while giving up one death is infinitely more easier? Muh Pride? The idea of even using the Skillbomber makes your squirm while being sick to your stomach or perhaps of the idea of getting shot down by some dorknaught in a fighter plane fills you with anger as you imagine them cackling with their many unshaven chin folds after they shoot you down?
    And in true coffin bomber fashion, it dies immediately after. 



  • Trokey66
    9089 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    And in true coffin bomber fashion, it dies immediately after. 

    Not before killing over half the enemy team by literally pressing ONE button!

    OK, perhaps two in oder to bring the camera up but still.....
  • PackersDK
    895 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 5
    Titan_Awaken said:
    Or you can go 50-0 in an Attack Plane, farming infantry the whole match.

    I’ll keep saying it if I have to: No pilot who is serious about farming infantry and maximising KD will pick the coffin bomber over an Attack Plane or Fighter.

    Long term benefit > Short term gains

    And yet there they are, Ops game after Ops game spawning in, sometimes on some maps (looking at you Fao Fortress) in an endless stream. I actually don’t care if the pilot is “serious” about whatever he or she is doing - they keep spawning in.

    The discussion has been had before on the forum. And people keep saying the same thing  - you can get the same score as an infantry player, you can do the same with a tank, or an Attack plane, and it’s shot down easy. And all that is true enough. I’ve never heard anyone who’s against the Muromets claiming that. 

    The issue with the Muromets, especially on Operations, is how it with a simple push on a button totally obliterates the entire flag zone. The whole point is; that what an above average Attack plane pilot can do by playing the game, ducking, weaving and diving against and objective, a persistent Muromets pilot can do simply by pressing X over an objective AND, when shot down, being stubborn in the spawn screen for that plane slot.

    There are absolutely NO balance between lethality and ease of use. The pilot needs only do a bare minimum and it is completely up to the opposing team to either get out of the way or man an AA gun. Which would be fair enough - kind of, but for the fact that they spawn in All. The. Time. 

    The fact that you can spawn into one seconds after being shot down completely negates how easy it is to shoot down. There are no cool down timer for a player using them, nor any limit to how many can be active at a given time, nor any limit per round. All of which btw I would consider good solutions for the problem.

    The very fact that you again and again see these “flying coffins” that “no serious” pilot farming kills would use says it all. It might not be for serious pilot. I suspect it’s just players, who wants to see the killfeed go bananas, but they get that wish fulfilled far to easy. 
  • CSO7777
    1839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK said:
    Titan_Awaken said:
    Or you can go 50-0 in an Attack Plane, farming infantry the whole match.

    I’ll keep saying it if I have to: No pilot who is serious about farming infantry and maximising KD will pick the coffin bomber over an Attack Plane or Fighter.

    Long term benefit > Short term gains

    And yet there they are, Ops game after Ops game spawning in, sometimes on some maps (looking at you Fao Fortress) in an endless stream. I actually don’t care if the pilot is “serious” about whatever he or she is doing - they keep spawning in.

    The discussion has been had before on the forum. And people keep saying the same thing  - you can get the same score as an infantry player, you can do the same with a tank, or an Attack plane, and it’s shot down easy. And all that is true enough. I’ve never heard anyone who’s against the Muromets claiming that. 

    The issue with the Muromets, especially on Operations, is how it with a simple push on a button totally obliterates the entire flag zone. The whole point is; that what an above average Attack plane pilot can do by playing the game, ducking, weaving and diving against and objective, a persistent Muromets pilot can do simply by pressing X over an objective AND, when shot down, being stubborn in the spawn screen for that plane slot.

    There are absolutely NO balance between lethality and ease of use. The pilot needs only do a bare minimum and it is completely up to the opposing team to either get out of the way or man an AA gun. Which would be fair enough - kind of, but for the fact that they spawn in All. The. Time. 

    The fact that you can spawn into one seconds after being shot down completely negates how easy it is to shoot down. There are no cool down timer for a player using them, nor any limit to how many can be active at a given time, nor any limit per round. All of which btw I would consider good solutions for the problem.

    The very fact that you again and again see these “flying coffins” that “no serious” pilot farming kills would use says it all. It might not be for serious pilot. I suspect it’s just players, who wants to see the killfeed go bananas, but they get that wish fulfilled far to easy. 
    I agree on this.

    Fundamentally having ground infantry capping flags and then putting bombers in the game is a broken game mechanic. It will never be balanced. And infantry players will always "feel cheated" when getting destroyed by bombers, no matter what.

    Bombers are one of the things that kills the fun of playing BF (in both BF1 and BFV as well).
  • ashar_saleem121
    1388 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Getting 14 kills in exchange for 1 death is still in the skill bombers favor no matter how hard you try to pretend otherwise.

    Or you can go 50-0 in an Attack Plane, farming infantry the whole match.

    I’ll keep saying it if I have to: No pilot who is serious about farming infantry and maximising KD will pick the coffin bomber over an Attack Plane or Fighter.

    Long term benefit > Short term gains

    Sure but for an attack plane you at least to semi know how to fly. For a Bomber you just fly in a straight line, drop your load on a flag and bail.

    You get a bunch of kills with minimal effort. It's atrocious
  • Tunza42
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I drop my load into my wife's fishbowl (and then bail).  It is hilarious while also nutritionally rich for the fishies. no one loses really.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1275 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tunza42 said:
    I drop my load into my wife's fishbowl (and then bail).  It is hilarious while also nutritionally rich for the fishies. no one loses really.
    Woah there, fella. TMI!
Sign In or Register to comment.