Remove third person view from vehicles

BassMan_PC
262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited September 2020
It is basically cheating playing in third person where you have a 360 view around you and can see people sneak up on you.  You can also see angles not possible in first person.  It should be removed from all BF games.

Comments

• CrashCA
    1430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You realize EA/DICE are done here ?
  • ragnarok013
    3945 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    It is basically cheating playing in third person where you have a 360 view around you and can see people sneak up on you.  You can also see angles not possible in first person.  It should be removed from all BF games.

BassMan_PC In traditional Battlefields that had hardcore mode the third person vehicle veiw was disabled in HC mode, and RSP used to allow core game mode admins to disable third person vehicle view as well. But as Crash stated the game is no longer in development

• BassMan_PC
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They are not adding new content, but they can still fix bugs and make tweaks.  Disabling third person would be easy for them to do.
  • iamwiener
    390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As someone who enjoys tanking, I agree with you for any BF except 5. The 3d person view is powerful but without it, tanks in BF5 are lost.
  • NuttysKunKs
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    iamwiener wrote: »
    As someone who enjoys tanking, I agree with you for any BF except 5. The 3d person view is powerful but without it, tanks in BF5 are lost.

Quite true.
  • CSO7777
    2023 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is a first-person-shooter...

At least any kind of "shooting" should only be possible in first person view and that goes for all vehicles/planes.
  • DaMutha1
    1511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Then lunge mines should automatically kill the user every time, dynamite should require a cord to be strung out to a detonator, shoulder-fired rockets should take 30 seconds to reload, etc. 
  • TyroneLoyd
    1807 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No thanks. I see no reason to do something like that other than having it as a custom server option or a hardcore option.
  • Hawxxeye
    7952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Part of what makes the ground and the air vehicles enjoyable is to be able to see them in 3P.
  • Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 said:
    Then lunge mines should automatically kill the user every time, dynamite should require a cord to be strung out to a detonator, shoulder-fired rockets should take 30 seconds to reload, etc. 
    I'd trade lunge mine deaths for removal of 3rd person, dynamite your actually lucky they don't have the short time based strike fuses...tanks also suffer no damage if they set of the dyno before you do, i'd be fine with longer reload times on rockets and even 1 rocket total per loadout if that damage was realistic as well.
  • iamwiener
    390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 said:
    I'd trade lunge mine deaths for removal of 3rd person, dynamite your actually lucky they don't have the short time based strike fuses...tanks also suffer no damage if they set of the dyno before you do, i'd be fine with longer reload times on rockets and even 1 rocket total per loadout if that damage was realistic as well.

Thats not quite constructive. I could write a similar list of tank shells that don't inflict the damage they should starting with infantry on the tank absorbing 100% of the direct hit (happens often when a gunner gets out while you hit the tank).
    Point is, that BF5 tanks have so little to counter anti tank infantry that only the knowledge about their approaches and location is what keeps the tank alive. The BF5 3rd person view is the only thing that makes aggressive tank pto possible. Without it, tanks would only work far away in wide open terrain on maps without planes.

• Hawxxeye
    7952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    iamwiener said:
    DaMutha1 said:

Thats not quite constructive. I could write a similar list of tank shells that don't inflict the damage they should starting with infantry on the tank absorbing 100% of the direct hit (happens often when a gunner gets out while you hit the tank).
    Point is, that BF5 tanks have so little to counter anti tank infantry that only the knowledge about their approaches and location is what keeps the tank alive. The BF5 3rd person view is the only thing that makes aggressive tank pto possible. Without it, tanks would only work far away in wide open terrain on maps without planes.

and even if you can see them coming, thanks to BFV's revolutionary limited turret angles, they can still be impossible to deal with if they come from a bad angle or if they corner you
    https://youtu.be/i_gCcsOTHfU?t=166
  • ProAssassin2003
    3873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Removing Third person for planes would make playing in planes 1000% better. Dog fighting would actually be fun.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited September 2020
    Removing Third person for planes would make playing in planes 1000% better. Dog fighting would actually be fun.
    I hold my reservations about dogfighting ever being fun in BF games.
    Having to figure out which portion of the laws of physics actually apply ingame and which are not a can be frustrating thing. It is the guy who has the better grasp of these that comes up on top
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I be honest, haven't tonked much in BFV but in previous titles, I did think that 3PV was a tad too effective, especially for solo tonkers.

It doesn't necessarily need to be removed in my opinion, but it should not be effective enough to make it almost the default view.
  • Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    iamwiener said:
    DaMutha1 said:

tanks have eaten their fair share of rounds as well so on that front it's even.

Tanks have perfect counter to infantry, other infantry, tanks soloing will die quick, but when you approach alongside friendly infantry they become a lot harder to deal with.
    Tanks in bfv aren't solo farming loadouts like they were in previous games, in bfv they are tools to increase infantry effectiveness.
    People try to say that infantry are op against tanks but they are not, inf are weaker than they have ever been unfortunately for tankers though people who play infantry have had 10000's of hours over the course of multiple battlefields to refine their AT skillset, however tanks have kept being made easier and easier to help worse players do better to the point that they inadvertantly nerfed the skill ceiling, while also changing the play style so much that tankers need to relearn how to play with the new rules.

Tanks with tankers that learn those rules quick do well, for most though they keep dying trying to play tanks as their own thing.
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    457 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dont remove 3rd person view but remove the possibility to shoot... i think that especially the light scout vehicles are pure infantry farming tools... they are way too mobile compared to how much inf AT weapon fire they can eat... you need at least 3 or 4 assaults with bazookas to deal with them... to solo a tank is nearly impossibel not only due to 3rd person view but althaugh the "hearing" ability... you can even hear enemys proning towards you... just yesterday i fired 3 panzerfaust shots, they did not glanced off and dealt 3 damage to the side of a panzer 4, this is a joke, happened with a piat and sherman too noone can say that something is fair in BF5 because its a total bonanza, there is no concept, and armor/ AT weapon values are random...
  • tempo_rarity
    1443 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The much-needed 3PV doesn't prevent Tunnel Vision - in fact it might even promote its development .
    As an Enemy stares at , engages or re-positions themselves onto targets , this tunnel vision can become unavoidable , and even rather predictable .
    With enough vigilance and awareness , One's own Timing can thus provide a natural counter to such an Enemy's Timing .

Personally I play as if the 3PV is everywhere even though it isn't (and I also play like every rock and bush hides a potential shooter)
    A little paranoia , in this Game , is a good great thing .
    :p  
  • Noodlesocks
    3739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Should remove third person crosshairs but third person view is fine.
  • CrashCA
    1430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just give him HC or a functional RSP