Remove third person view from vehicles

2»

Comments

• SunnyTheWerewolf
    482 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    Just give him HC or a functional RSP

HC will only be available after he has reached a predetermined level of MTX purchases.
  • iamwiener
    390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

tanks have eaten their fair share of rounds as well so on that front it's even.

Tanks have perfect counter to infantry, other infantry, tanks soloing will die quick, but when you approach alongside friendly infantry they become a lot harder to deal with.
    Tanks in bfv aren't solo farming loadouts like they were in previous games, in bfv they are tools to increase infantry effectiveness.
    People try to say that infantry are op against tanks but they are not, inf are weaker than they have ever been unfortunately for tankers though people who play infantry have had 10000's of hours over the course of multiple battlefields to refine their AT skillset, however tanks have kept being made easier and easier to help worse players do better to the point that they inadvertantly nerfed the skill ceiling, while also changing the play style so much that tankers need to relearn how to play with the new rules.

Tanks with tankers that learn those rules quick do well, for most though they keep dying trying to play tanks as their own thing.
    Wait a second. Did you just call me a n00b? XD
    I am total solo tanker trying to increase team effectiveness (no contradiction here). I did not say that inf is op against current BF5 tank. I said that the 3rd person view actually is the tool to survive these endless inf attacks. Infantry is weaker of course (ohk) but has a wide arsenal of weaponry + an almost overwhelming quantity advantage. Ever had a solo-tank vs. 2 assault squads battle? Fun when you win it. Sweaty, when you have to deal with it for 20 minutes.
    But without 3rd person view, I believe the BF5 tanks have too little chances to survive a coordinated infantry attack and thus become useless for pto.
  • iamwiener
    390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Should remove third person crosshairs but third person view is fine.

Useless anyway
  • Hindenburg1911
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jeah remove everthing in battlefield wath battlefield is... best comment ever... my lord
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    457 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "jeah remove everthing in battlefield wath battlefield is... best comment ever... my lord"
    ---------------------------------
    BF1942, BF Vietnam, BF2, BF2124 (iam not sure about this, may be wrong about this one)... no attachments, no skill trees... than they added things to battlefield, what battlefield isnt... if you can add stuff, you can remove other...
  • NuttysKunKs
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    iamwiener wrote: »
    (Quote)

Wait a second. Did you just call me a n00b? XD.
    I am total solo tanker trying to increase team effectiveness (no contradiction here). I did not say that inf is op against current BF5 tank. I said that the 3rd person view actually is the tool to survive these endless inf attacks. Infantry is weaker of course (ohk) but has a wide arsenal of weaponry + an almost overwhelming quantity advantage. Ever had a solo-tank vs. 2 assault squads battle? Fun when you win it. Sweaty, when you have to deal with it for 20 minutes.
    But without 3rd person view, I believe the BF5 tanks have too little chances to survive a coordinated infantry attack and thus become useless for pto.

Coordinated?

Just need the nutty skunk coming after you without that precious camera.

Love taking tanks on even now.
  • iamwiener
    Many thanks for your valuable contributions. This discussion is really progressing with your well thought out arguments.

• BassMan_PC
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2020
    CSO7777 said:
    It is a first-person-shooter...

At least any kind of "shooting" should only be possible in first person view and that goes for all vehicles/planes.

Yeah, that would be a decent compromise.  Tankers would need to manage first and third person view effectively instead of being able to unfairly see their surroundings at all times while still being able to shoot.  This would allow for people to sneak up on tankers and plant some dynamite while they are focused on shooting.  This is currently very hard to do against a good tanker that takes advantage of third person shooting.
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    What about my argument, thats its borderline OP if you add tanks to a game give them all the goodies (armor, explosive reound (splash damage), speed and solo-usability) while removing all the downsides of WW2 tanks, loud inside, bad visibility, actually needed up to 4 people working together, limited gun angles? Hell let loose does it all... even AT wepaons can OHK a tank from afar... but some good tank crews are still able to pull off great deeds? Why it must be HC battlefield mode to remove 3rd person view, why do people even want that if it makes tanks useless? So many questions, so many arguments still no answers... why do tanks need, not only 3rd person view but infantry like hearing ability to be good? Tanks are the modern iteration of a "Mary Sue" in BF... it already angered me how powerful they where in BF4...
  • GeneralXIV
    308 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    iamwiener said:
    DaMutha1 said:
    Then lunge mines should automatically kill the user every time, dynamite should require a cord to be strung out to a detonator, shoulder-fired rockets should take 30 seconds to reload, etc. 
    I'd trade lunge mine deaths for removal of 3rd person, dynamite your actually lucky they don't have the short time based strike fuses...tanks also suffer no damage if they set of the dyno before you do, i'd be fine with longer reload times on rockets and even 1 rocket total per loadout if that damage was realistic as well.

Thats not quite constructive. I could write a similar list of tank shells that don't inflict the damage they should starting with infantry on the tank absorbing 100% of the direct hit (happens often when a gunner gets out while you hit the tank).
    Point is, that BF5 tanks have so little to counter anti tank infantry that only the knowledge about their approaches and location is what keeps the tank alive. The BF5 3rd person view is the only thing that makes aggressive tank pto possible. Without it, tanks would only work far away in wide open terrain on maps without planes.

and even if you can see them coming, thanks to BFV's revolutionary limited turret angles, they can still be impossible to deal with if they come from a bad angle or if they corner you
    https://youtu.be/i_gCcsOTHfU?t=166

Sometimes that can be useful though... :P

• iamwiener
    2 many tank n00bs out there
  • talhaONE
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People in here talking about realism for removing 3d view on tanks. In real life tanks have a commanders that look through the commanders hatch and inform about surrounds to the crew members. In Bf5 primary seat does the Driver, gunner, loader and commander job. 3d view does the Commanders job. Without 3d view tanks are without commanders.
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    Its still not realistic that the commander is howering 2 meters above the tank thats exactly the perspective... hell let loose has a commanders hatch (periscope)... watch some videos about tanking in that game and say again that BF5 does it right... moreover its interesting that the self propelled AT gun has a machine gunner a driver/ commander and a gunner... its a less powerful guncarrier/ stug... still you cant drive and shoot at the same time like them... just another bad vehicle mechanic...
  • Silvermaxer
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Part of what makes the ground and the air vehicles enjoyable is to be able to see them in 3P.
    Because IRL in tank u has that:

And in game you are just one at driver, reloading, aim and at radio. So if you want remove 3rd vision i want ask to one-shot by 12.7 machin gun for infantry. 
  • ragnarok013
    3945 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    talhaONE said:
    People in here talking about realism for removing 3d view on tanks. In real life tanks have a commanders that look through the commanders hatch and inform about surrounds to the crew members. In Bf5 primary seat does the Driver, gunner, loader and commander job. 3d view does the Commanders job. Without 3d view tanks are without commanders.

talhaONE I was an Armor officer and tank commander in the US Army on M-1 Abrams tanks and in combat you are not sticking out of the hatch you have the hatch closed or in "open protective" where you are looking out the vision blocks surrounding the cupola or between the small space of the hatch and the vision blocks when in open protective so the tank commander isn't really a justification of 3P vehicle view (I'm not against 3P view just clarifying your point). On the modern Abrams I also had my own CITV which is a rotating thermal site not present in WWII tanks. Standing in the hatch waist high while in contact will get you killed in short order.