Unplayable llaag all servers after maintenance

Comments

• CPU_UK
    1146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CPU_UK said:
    EU servers, terrible rubber-banding, server symbol flicking between amber-red.

Now working again :-)
  • szrz
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They tried to run more BF5 server instances (VMs) on lower amount of physical servers which makes less CPU resources per VM so server lag because insufficient computing resources. Dice just switch it off- it will be cheapest right away. 
  • szrz
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Now do something about aimbots on every second server - they are back since lag is gone
  • NuttysKunKs
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    szrz wrote: »
    Now do something about aimbots on every second server - they are back since lag is gone

It’s Dices new anti cheat software!
  • VOLBANKER
    1719 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder what EA is thinking.

”Let’s turn a blind eye to the massive cheating in BFV on pc. That probably won’t hurt our future sales of BF6!”
  • ttth2
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Atic said:
    scorer_uk@X_Sunslayer_X

Thanks. 

The team is investigating it currently.

/Atic 
    "Gareth Keenan  investigates"
  • GenCuster
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Even Sunday has passed.... the lag has not been resolved.....
    I think we will have to get used to the new "standard" game.... with servers powered by wood

• scorer_uk
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would say it's back to normal, few rounds on Sunday night on 64 player and all was well. Thanks for fixing
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2020
    The game went from pretty smooth and playable to a terrible lumbering lag fest - in all game modes. Feels like I'm running around in slow mo, lag compensation is appalling and getting hit by bullets seems to stop my movements somehow. Constant server packet loss and latency icons showing in the hud. Tried this evening and same so this isn't fixed. I'm not sure what they were trying to fix with maintenance but since the game is unplayable. I suspect more cost cutting? 
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    I wonder what EA is thinking.
    It's funny what gets to slide here.  I mean who.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is anyone in the US still experiencing around 30ms higher ping?
  • Plucky6922
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I still have the same ~40 to the East Coast and ~70 to the West Coast servers on PS4, that I had before said maintenance.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Getting 29ms (same) to Frankfurt - but feels laggy, heavy and tough to play.  Something is amiss as my hud is constantly lighting up with warnings

• ttth2
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Joined a German server (I'm in The UK) with a ping of 16ms. someone on there had a lag of 400+ms...
  • ttth2
    @EA_Atic The game is unplaybale here in The UK since the last update. Any update on the situation? Thanks
  • iigloo
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2020
    Any news yet, EA?
    I´m in Sweden and i joined a server in EU.
    First map was Hamada, no problemo.
    Second was Aerodrome, no problemo.
    Third was Iwo Jima, mucho problemo and i quit playing.

Symbol for packetloss was flashing red like it was the last time he had on earth. Everything lagged. Like playing BFV on 4K ultra settings on a Casio wrist watch from 1982.

Platform - PC
    Gamemode - Strategic Conquest
    Map - Hamada - ok, Aerodrome - ok, Iwo Jima - packetloss

I called EA support, ended up in India that say that BFV does not currently have any issue so the problem was on my PC. I laughed so hard my teeth fell out.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    edited October 2020
    Any news? The lag is stupendous even with a very good connection and fast low latency fibre. 

Mind you the multiple hackers in EVERY game kind of spoils it anyway.

Over and out and goodbye, it was fun
  • idk1233211
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    still being bad. Server performance,bad TTK/TTD netcode combined.
    One framed deaths, Super bullits
  • RemiVR1
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This game keeps going from bad to worse every time, i thought it couldn't get any worse... but now the game is in an unplayable state. I think this is it for BFV putting last nails into coffin.