anti air ruining the experince for planes

Comments

• cashm0n3y08
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Pilots have an expectation that knocking up cricket scores is fair. Sound like you believe 33-1 is a real disappointment.

Most infy would be delighted with a 33-1 score. For a pilot it’s frustrating and boring.

Your post just demonstrated the failure to recognise that those poor guys on the ground died many times over FAILING to take you out and failed over and over..........The AA can’t be overpowered or you would it be able to go 33-1 with 2 guys permanently trying to take you down.

Ask yourself how much fun the guys on the AA’s had making zero kills while you whinge with a sense do entitlement about a boring 33-1 game

First off, they didn't get zero kills, they shot down other pilots, and me once.

Secondly, 33-1 looks good but it depends on the context of those 33 kills. 33-1 is a nice KD ratio, but I only averaged 350 SPM that game, well below my total average and even well below my pilot average. I ended the game around 10th on the scoreboard, which is very pedestrian, on the ground I'm almost always top 3 on the board. So even if I went 33-1 and ended up 10th on the board, yes I would be equally disappointed. So many people have inferiority complexes when it comes to pilots and their KD, which isn't everything. Yeah, I went 33-1, but I'd rather have a worse KD, with much more vehicle destroys, shooting down another plane is about a 500pt endeavor, while killing some guy on an SAA gives me 100pts max, and another 150 if I destroy the SAA. Doing that 20 times a game isn't going to land you a top spot on the scoreboard versus a game where you can actually dogfight enemy pilots and rack up some points. 

Finally, if those 2 "poor" guys were actually good at the AA, (not just talking about accuracy here there is a strategy) there is no way I would have went 33-1. You also complain about not having enough "counters" to planes, when another plane is literally the absolute best counter, but so many players avoid flying like a plague, almost like its hard or something....
  • PSJackman4
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh boy, here we go.  Again.  

Someone queue the Bat signal to get Frindly-Fire in here.
    Lmao I had PTSD of that guy in another thread, XD
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4739 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Pilots have an expectation that knocking up cricket scores is fair. Sound like you believe 33-1 is a real disappointment.

Most infy would be delighted with a 33-1 score. For a pilot it’s frustrating and boring.

Your post just demonstrated the failure to recognise that those poor guys on the ground died many times over FAILING to take you out and failed over and over..........The AA can’t be overpowered or you would it be able to go 33-1 with 2 guys permanently trying to take you down.

Ask yourself how much fun the guys on the AA’s had making zero kills while you whinge with a sense do entitlement about a boring 33-1 game

First off, they didn't get zero kills, they shot down other pilots, and me once.

Secondly, 33-1 looks good but it depends on the context of those 33 kills. 33-1 is a nice KD ratio, but I only averaged 350 SPM that game, well below my total average and even well below my pilot average. I ended the game around 10th on the scoreboard, which is very pedestrian, on the ground I'm almost always top 3 on the board. So even if I went 33-1 and ended up 10th on the board, yes I would be equally disappointed. So many people have inferiority complexes when it comes to pilots and their KD, which isn't everything. Yeah, I went 33-1, but I'd rather have a worse KD, with much more vehicle destroys, shooting down another plane is about a 500pt endeavor, while killing some guy on an SAA gives me 100pts max, and another 150 if I destroy the SAA. Doing that 20 times a game isn't going to land you a top spot on the scoreboard versus a game where you can actually dogfight enemy pilots and rack up some points. 

Finally, if those 2 "poor" guys were actually good at the AA, (not just talking about accuracy here there is a strategy) there is no way I would have went 33-1. You also complain about not having enough "counters" to planes, when another plane is literally the absolute best counter, but so many players avoid flying like a plague, almost like its hard or something....
    I think the point went over your head. 

The point I making is that irrespective of where you finish in the leaderboard, (its not all about you!) the vast majority of players don't want to play in planes. Pilots saying 'why don't you jump in plane?" is not the answer. No-one likes being strafed over and over again,  and in the game in which you are complaining, there WAS a concerted effort to take you down using 2 AAs. The point of this thread is that AA's are overpowered and you have demonstrated clearly that they are not. 
    In a BALANCED game, pilots should not be knocking up cric
    ket scores. Because it is NOT FUN for the other 60 players in the server. Equally, there should be much higher rewards for pilots to take out other pilots. In ALL recent BF games, pilots are incentivised to leave each other alone and farm infy.  That is the reality of what actually happens in the vast majority of games. The argument that you put up is not grounded in reality. 

If I learn to fly, within 10 mins I am going to realise not is much easier to strafe ground targets tan hunt fighters and there is another farmer in the air. 

What I am up for is it being MUCH HARDER for pilots to get kills,  but for pilots to get rewarded more highly in score terms for the kills they get. especially vs armour and other planes

The game needs better balance 
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wow, still hot? Well, since tanks still can go 50-0, no1 cares. Planes go 50-0, loose mind. My favorite maps were iwo and aero, tanks ruined mostly my play, i learned. Iwo planes ruined my game, i learned. I admit, planes were op, bombers were unnessecary in narrow maps. In release of pacific, fighters were op. That only proves dice slopiness. Maybe they got rushed by EA. Anyway, after so many updates and adaption, last patch air vs ground made full struggle for me, instead of quiting air play, i ditched whole game, cause man, the time and effort put into
    is/was not worth it.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4739 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wow, still hot? Well, since tanks still can go 50-0, no1 cares. Planes go 50-0, loose mind. My favorite maps were iwo and aero, tanks ruined mostly my play, i learned. Iwo planes ruined my game, i learned. I admit, planes were op, bombers were unnessecary in narrow maps. In release of pacific, fighters were op. That only proves dice slopiness. Maybe they got rushed by EA. Anyway, after so many updates and adaption, last patch air vs ground made full struggle for me, instead of quiting air play, i ditched whole game, cause man, the time and effort put into
    is/was not worth it.

Good point. Tanks are the same. But that is OT.
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    457 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Does anyone remember vanilla AA? Why it was nerfed into ground back then after a short period of time? Give us back vanilla AA...
  • xXHamatoYoshiXx
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To further note I did indeed have a much better experience with BF1, why? Because the balance and feel of things was much better, I'm not all that well rehearsed on the battles of WW1, but from what I have studied, it definitely put a better feel on being in WW1 than what BFV does with WW2. BFV is so terrible that I will not buy BF6 until at least 6 months to a year after its release, and that's a big IF I do at all. This game has completely damaged my faith in DICE in being able to develop a true AAA game. It all seems to be about profiteering with these gaming companies. How little work can they put into a game and still sell it as a AAA title. And sure enough, most people just eat it up. My goals are to actually just build a gaming PC and to stop playing on console altogether, because honestly I've always had a much better experience playing on PC with the availability of so many games and how intricate and immersive they can be. Console gaming in itself whether it be Nintendo, PS, or Xbox, all seem to have major downsides that quite frankly I'm tired of, and it doesn't seem like it's going to stop with PS5 nor Xbox Series X, they will always be a step behind what PC gaming can offer. And hopefully with the implementation of limitless polygon technology, the whole monopoly on graphics cards will be eliminated as well. 

When you get to play with all those cheaters on PC with aimbots and wallhacks, it won’t feel that realistic.
    Honestly, I've always had a much better experience on PC than with consoles, back in the Unreal Tournament 2k4 days when there were all sorts of people doing stuff like this, it got to the point where even I was able to give them a challenge, but that's simply something that is up to the gaming company themselves to develop ways to thwart that. And I love the fact that there are mods available especially for games like GTA where it enhances the experience, or with the MonkeyMatrixMoves mod for UT2k4 and all of the funny player models you could install, and then you're not limited to any particular type of controller, and with being able to consistently push better graphics (depending on your PC setup), makes for a much better experience regardless. 

As far as the shooting AA with rockets comment made by cashm0n3y08, he is very much right, it has always taken a ton of effort to accurately hit an AA with a rocket from that far away, rockets will tend to deviate from their course. As far as all the 'poor guys' dying on the ground comment made by Greeny_Huwjarz, most of those people will sit there and won't do anything to counteract my attacks, if they do, most will get in an AA or will use the fliegerfaust, and boom either with a single shot from that or the combined effort of the AAs I get taken out fairly easily, either that or 2 rockets and some fire from a BF 109 G6 and I'm done for. Again, hardly anyone will ever react to stop me from what I'm doing. But then on a lot of maps the fly zone is small, or the flight ceiling is very low, forcing pilots to play in a very limited airspace, such as maps like Arras, which I've always had to work very hard to get kills due to these constraints.

The whole point is subtlety, which DICE is incapable of doing, and is the point that a lot of you peeps seem to be missing. Competitive games should take skill, and run and gunning without using any kind of tactic to move around on the map should be severely punished. Again, I am a human soldier in the 1940s, killing other human soldiers, not a Spartan super soldier. I want a game that takes skills, effort, and learning about the mechanics of the game, and in these types of games, understanding basic methods of engaging in combat. 

We as players should be HIGHLY skeptical of the next Battlefield game, because running to buy the next game blindly as I've said before will only leave the door open for DICE and EA to continue to do what they are doing and it's not going to matter how much we talk about the issues on these forums, or any media, because most will still buy and eat it up without doing any kind of research of their own. Even these discussions we continue to have about BFV is essentially pointless, and if there is any point, it should be to raise awareness, skepticism, and caution on buying anything from EA or DICE. 
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    "it has always taken a ton of effort to accurately hit an AA with a rocket from that far away"
    ---------------------------------------------
    How much is "that" far away?
    And what exactly is "the effort"? To learn it once and once learned repeat it with high accuracy, or to do it everytime anew?
    Boring mechanics? Now? what about the youtube guy going 100-0 on iwo jima breakthrough with the zero doing loopings all the time? (pre latest patch with HE ammo)
    "such as maps like Arras"
    And you never ever put a penny into the thought that these maps are maybe too small for planes?
  • Hawxxeye
    7945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2020

I chanced upon him ingame on the other team. He was tearing the skies apart in his G6 along with his clan wingman   like 27-3 K/D (which is a really good score for a a fighter plane)
    is/was not worth it.

Because even a top tanker cannot avoid almost everyone on the ground as well as quickly reach every outdoor place on the map by  flying vertically.
    If a tanker gets to 50-0 at any point, then there is something terribly wrong with their enemies or the tanker is British in Aerodrome Breakthrough.
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    "If a tanker gets to 50-0 at any point, then there is something terribly wrong with their enemies...."
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Not really, light tanks where tearing infantry a second backdoor "nearly" all the time... just check some top tanker scores and you will see that light tanks are the most played tanks of those guys and if not number 1 than at least the tank with the most kills per minute score... the new scout vehicles are even more op as they are faster and have like 90% of light tank armor... they can eat 3 to 4 normal tank rounds... and like 6 to 7 bazooka hits... unless confronted with a bunch of  several assaults what experienced tankers will avoid due to map awarness etc. they will have a fairly easy time to farm infantry... they can even climb mountains better than infantry... they are very OP but noone would have really supposed that DICE does the balancing even closely right... they are way to good protected and armed compared to the speed they can achieve...
  • iamwiener
    390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But the tanker learned to fight off infantry. Pilots, on the other hand, seem to cry every time being attacked by infantry.
  • AmosBurton_GER
    947 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder why pilots keep flying if it is soo boring, so unrewarding, unbalanced, so blablabla.
    Flying is approx. 10% of all you can do in BFV. Why not do something of the other 90%?
  • GenCuster
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2020
    Celsi_GER said:
    I wonder why pilots keep flying if it is soo boring, so unrewarding, unbalanced, so blablabla.
    Flying is approx. 10% of all you can do in BFV. Why not do something of the other 90%?
     Because with 90% you don’t have a K/D of 100/1 ;)

• Man_ILoveFishing
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

I chanced upon him ingame on the other team. He was tearing the skies apart in his G6 along with his clan wingman   like 27-3 K/D (which is a really good score for a a fighter plane)
    is/was not worth it.

Because even a top tanker cannot avoid almost everyone on the ground as well as quickly reach every outdoor place on the map by  flying vertically.
    If a tanker gets to 50-0 at any point, then there is something terribly wrong with their enemies or the tanker is British in Aerodrome Breakthrough.
    Exactly, with a poor visibility. Anyway, imo it's not about kdr tbh. I stated it wrong. Flying got boring cause farming is stupid and not that skillful and still was do-able after last patch. Tanks in other hand, they don't go that deep. They play corners, so far what i've seen. Also, tank sounds were soo friggin bugged, basically it came right besides you, and you hear footsteps instead of a bulldozer. But back to flying part, both parties accepts dogfight, ultra long AA cannon joins. Fun. And when doing a dip, unpredictable FF comes in, and in many cases odd shots. Rare for one player to get that kill, common to a pilot that takes the hit from FF shooters. Sure, there are games without AA or FF but welp, at that point was not my prob. Last 100 hours of my air combat was to look ground from clouds till my eyes pop out and in air, well emptiness, cause people farmed above their main base or flooded with enemy troops objective. Oh yeah, not to mention, how awesome it was to dogfight and friendly AA simply steals kill. :D What i mean, to me air got totally cancelled or was routed in wrong direction. Whole point was lost. And rockets, never asked those. But after bomb nerfs, was second best choice to keep distance and not get fished by FF. Basically, people whining over OP planes (fighter plane bombs on pacifics did kill with one loadout, was bad idea, i admit on that case), stuff gets nerfed and boosted made only worse to both parties. (ground and air). But this is the reason why i stopped this clunky festival gaming. Oh and soldier gets stuck on minirocks, hello. :D

Dice did get historically accurate with plane firepower but imo they gave too accurate firepower deployment.
  • TrueWebby
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The point is going over devs heads and then crashing into the ground out of their field of view.
  • Hawxxeye
    7945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

is/was not worth it.

Exactly, with a poor visibility. Anyway, imo it's not about kdr tbh. I stated it wrong. Flying got boring cause farming is stupid and not that skillful and still was do-able after last patch. Tanks in other hand, they don't go that deep. They play corners, so far what i've seen. Also, tank sounds were soo friggin bugged, basically it came right besides you, and you hear footsteps instead of a bulldozer. But back to flying part, both parties accepts dogfight, ultra long AA cannon joins. Fun. And when doing a dip, unpredictable FF comes in, and in many cases odd shots. Rare for one player to get that kill, common to a pilot that takes the hit from FF shooters. Sure, there are games without AA or FF but welp, at that point was not my prob. Last 100 hours of my air combat was to look ground from clouds till my eyes pop out and in air, well emptiness, cause people farmed above their main base or flooded with enemy troops objective. Oh yeah, not to mention, how awesome it was to dogfight and friendly AA simply steals kill. :D What i mean, to me air got totally cancelled or was routed in wrong direction. Whole point was lost. And rockets, never asked those. But after bomb nerfs, was second best choice to keep distance and not get fished by FF. Basically, people whining over OP planes (fighter plane bombs on pacifics did kill with one loadout, was bad idea, i admit on that case), stuff gets nerfed and boosted made only worse to both parties. (ground and air). But this is the reason why i stopped this clunky festival gaming. Oh and soldier gets stuck on minirocks, hello. :D

Dice did get historically accurate with plane firepower but imo they gave too accurate firepower deployment.
    Historically accurate with plane firepower? I think not. the bombs are more like rocks than bombs now.
  • cashm0n3y08
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The point of this thread is that AA's are overpowered and you have demonstrated clearly that they are not. 
    ket scores. Because it is NOT FUN for the other 60 players in the server. Equally, there should be much higher rewards for pilots to take out other pilots. In ALL recent BF games, pilots are incentivised to leave each other alone and farm infy.  That is the reality of what actually happens in the vast majority of games. The argument that you put up is not grounded in reality. 

What I am up for is it being MUCH HARDER for pilots to get kills,  but for pilots to get rewarded more highly in score terms for the kills they get. especially vs armour and other planes

What exactly is a "cricket score?" Anyways, there is an incentive to take out other planes, you get more points for that than anything else in a game, only problem is, because AA is so easy to use, it's always up, so a lot of dogfights end up in the lead trying to bait the tail back to a friendly AA gun, instead of actually trying to dogfight, therefore the tail has to pull off to avoid getting shredded by some guy eating doritos in one hand while operating an office chair outfitted with 20mm flak with the other. And if AA is underpowered, then how come in the game I referenced, all of the other inexperienced pilots got shredded? I went 33-1 becuase I have 27k aerial kills, 25k in fighters, I have a lot of experienced, and have flown with and against the best pilots on xbox in public servers and private league servers, of course I'm going to put up good numbers. If you balance the game for people like me, then no one will be able to use planes, but I'm sure that's indeed exactly what you would prefer. Pilots already get rewarded enough when they take out planes and tanks, as I already said, you get more points for doing that than killing some guy running to take C, any pilot that goes for infantry instead is a complete noob. 

"Grounded in reality" I play on the ground and in the air, I have dozens of days of experience doing both, what reality are we talking about exactly? I'm assuming you have ZERO experience in the air? So your argument is indeed "grounded."
  • cashm0n3y08
    edited September 2020
    GenCuster said:
    Celsi_GER said:
     Because with 90% you don’t have a K/D of 100/1 ;)

My infantry KD is pretty good too, so that's not why, I also enjoy playing medic quite a bit, going back and forth keeps the game fresh and feels like two games tbh. We fly because we enjoy terrorizing players like you. JK, we do it because its fun, and its the only thing in that game that offers an intimate and competitve matchup between another player/pilot. There are plenty of stat padding pilots out there that you'll only see playing on Hamada BT using only the G6, but that ain't me. 

@xXHamatoYoshiXx sup man? I recognize that gamertag, pretty sure we've sparred in the air a few times
  • PSJackman4
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    iamwiener said:
    But the tanker learned to fight off infantry. Pilots, on the other hand, seem to cry every time being attacked by infantry.
    Yeah as an avid tanker, I can agree with this.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    The point of this thread is that AA's are overpowered and you have demonstrated clearly that they are not. 

What exactly is a "cricket score?" Anyways, there is an incentive to take out other planes, you get more points for that than anything else in a game, only problem is, because AA is so easy to use, it's always up, so a lot of dogfights end up in the lead trying to bait the tail back to a friendly AA gun, instead of actually trying to dogfight, therefore the tail has to pull off to avoid getting shredded by some guy eating doritos in one hand while operating an office chair outfitted with 20mm flak with the other. And if AA is underpowered, then how come in the game I referenced, all of the other inexperienced pilots got shredded? I went 33-1 becuase I have 27k aerial kills, 25k in fighters, I have a lot of experienced, and have flown with and against the best pilots on xbox in public servers and private league servers, of course I'm going to put up good numbers. If you balance the game for people like me, then no one will be able to use planes, but I'm sure that's indeed exactly what you would prefer. Pilots already get rewarded enough when they take out planes and tanks, as I already said, you get more points for doing that than killing some guy running to take C, any pilot that goes for infantry instead is a complete noob. 

"Grounded in reality" I play on the ground and in the air, I have dozens of days of experience doing both, what reality are we talking about exactly? I'm assuming you have ZERO experience in the air? So your argument is indeed "grounded."
    Your argument is laughable.  

As far as I remember you get 250 points for an infy kill and 1000 for a plane? I may have the numbers wrong, but you will get the point. 

Good pilots regular know over 80 kills in a game farming infantry.  In order to amass the same number of points through dogfights, you would have to win 20 dogfights in tech same period (practically impossible). This concurrently corresponds with an increased you risk of being downed by inviting other pilots to have a go, and increase your risk of being hit by AA. So it doesn't happen. 

You make it sound like the guys on AA's are casually eating their doritos and downing plane after plane, but of course we know this is not the case.  Those of us that have spent time on AA's in BF games are well used to a pretty miserable time getting sniped and strafed continuously.

Whilst you can create some sort of ridiculous impractical argument, I don't need to be an expert pilot to know what is obviously imbalanced. I just need to open my eyes and observe what is happening.  So let's put that rather patronising point to bed.  I don't need to be an expert pilot to know that the skill and effort in going 80-1 as a pilot is MUCH MUCH less than an infy guy posting the same score.

There are typically over 58 infantry players that make up a game of BF on larger modes. My point is that the game should be balanced for the enjoyment of the majority.  The current plane balance in BF games is massively in favour of the pilots over infantry, and your whiney point about only going 33-1 (how we all feel for you!) perfectly demonstrated the sense of entitlement that pilots now enjoy. Simply put, the enjoyment of the majority of players is really hampered by this imbalance and there are things that DICE could do to make it better.   That is why the introduction of bombers has been widely hated in BF1 and BFV. They are not balanced. The only person having fun while bombers are in the air is the bomber pilot.  I don't need to be n expert pilot to see servers emptying when the bombers are dominating. 

Grounded enough?