Does COD TTK belong in battlefield?

cheif_big_clouds
363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I hate COD TTK and I don’t think it belongs in battlefield. I hope the next game is similar to BF1

Comments

• Carbonic
    1965 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited October 29
    It has nothing to do with TTK because TTK is fine. TTD is not but that's impossible to fix as EA uses cheap and hell Amazon servers and those aren't really good for gaming purposes so one frame deaths happen often enough.
    While probable, that's a tough conclusion to come to without having done any testing. If we assume the TTD is messed up and that's due to networking then we have at least 3 probable causes, the game software, the server software, and the entire server hosting platform.
    Since we do not have the ability to test other software or other server hosting platforms it's hard to definitely conclude if it's one, two, or a combination of the 3.
    None of the 3 are the same as previous Battlefield games so that does not help us.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:
    It has nothing to do with TTK because TTK is fine. TTD is not but that's impossible to fix as EA uses cheap and hell Amazon servers and those aren't really good for gaming purposes so one frame deaths happen often enough.
    While probable, that's a tough conclusion to come to without having done any testing. If we assume the TTD is messed up and that's due to networking then we have at least 3 probable causes, the game software, the server software, and the entire server hosting platform.
    Since we do not have the ability to test other software or other server hosting platforms it's hard to definitely conclude if it's one, two, or a combination of the 3.
    None of the 3 are the same as previous Battlefield games so that does not help us.
    Well, BF3 and BF4 have no such issue and those don't use Amazon servers. That's the first clue.
    The second one is the noticeable drop in network quality which happened in BF1 as soon as EA switched servers there to use Amazon ones.
  • WetFishDB
    2376 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:
    Well, BF3 and BF4 have no such issue and those don't use Amazon servers. That's the first clue.
    The second one is the noticeable drop in network quality which happened in BF1 as soon as EA switched servers there to use Amazon ones.
    There are other aspects too.  So much more is controlled server side in BFV: smoke grenades, levolution, fortifications,, ragdolls etc - all that needs to be synced to the clients alongside the usual position and damage updates etc.  I strongly suspect there's likely an element of game design in play here that's affecting the networking, especially given there are no Console 60Hz servers on BFV - even on the smaller game modes.
  • Celsi_GER
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BFV has many issues. But TTK is not one of them, it's just fine as it is.
  • Carbonic
    1965 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Carbonic said:
    And as I said, that's a probable cause. However, as they say, correlation does not imply causation. Lots of things changed between BF4 and BF1.
    What we might have here is what they in statistics call a spurious correlation. As an example I like this one:

If we had the option to test BFV running on BF3/4 style dedicated servers instead of Amazon that would help rule out other causes for your claim that the current BFV hosting is negatively affecting the TTD experience.
  • Carbonic
    peas9675 said:
    Carbonic said:

Well you could stop producing cosmetics and elites for a broken game.

You could spend that time trying to fix bugs, and netcode.

you guys couldnt be anymore obvious what you ware doing, broken game and just trying to squeeze as much money as you can out of it.

The problem is the server and netcode of the game.

Well @peas9675
    Since the moderators on here does not work for EA we can't do any of that.

PS. I envy your complete confidence in knowing exactly what people are doing, why and what is wrong with it.
  • peas9675
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:
    peas9675 said:
    Carbonic said:

Well you could stop producing cosmetics and elites for a broken game.

You could spend that time trying to fix bugs, and netcode.

you guys couldnt be anymore obvious what you ware doing, broken game and just trying to squeeze as much money as you can out of it.

The problem is the server and netcode of the game.

Well @peas9675
    Since the moderators on here does not work for EA we can't do any of that.

PS. I envy your complete confidence in knowing exactly what people are doing, why and what is wrong with it.

yeah, things need to change, their needs to be new laws in place, so this doesn't happen again.

There needs to be a proper website or thingy on the forums with progress bars, so we can track things that need to be fixed.

• CSO7777
    1929 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:
    I play only BF4 at the moment and the 'netcode' is horrible in BF4. You get instakilled in BF4, all the time, by all kind of weapons (just like in BFV). The big difference is that BF4 is fun and the TTD-problem is therefore not quite as annoying as in BFV.

The netcode is not much better in older titles, only BF1 is perhaps a little better, but I think that is mostly down to a general lower ROF (for most of the weapons).
  • Noodlesocks
    3693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hate COD TTK and I don’t think it belongs in battlefield. I hope the next game is similar to BF1

It's a rather vague statement. "TTK" has varied wildly between different Battlefield games (and during Battlefield 5's life span to be honest) and is largely a subjective experience. I wouldn't say BF 5 has the fastest or the slowest "TTK" of the franchise so it wouldn't be sensible to consider it "COD TTK."
  • DirtyDog1974
    318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic, props on your graph! Always makes my smile when I see a reference about Maine, us Mainers don't get a lot of mentions, so thanks for that. I know it was just a random one to prove your point but still love it!
  • Dogteeth90
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is definitely some weapon/class balancing to improve on. So many weapons just arent practical because of the ttk AND dmg/range model. It's facilitated a one size fits all strategy- force close engagement, leap frog, spot while down... Robocop the situation or wait for revive.
    ...i just miss hardcore and suppression. I hate downing someone turns them into live action news
  • GrizzGolf
    1442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:
    Carbonic said:
    And as I said, that's a probable cause. However, as they say, correlation does not imply causation. Lots of things changed between BF4 and BF1.
    What we might have here is what they in statistics call a spurious correlation. As an example I like this one:

If we had the option to test BFV running on BF3/4 style dedicated servers instead of Amazon that would help rule out other causes for your claim that the current BFV hosting is negatively affecting the TTD experience.
    Hahaha I'm from Maine and I thought this was a pop up add
  • glasgowsmile87
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can all the technical TTK TDD blah blah posters be quiet and just look at it simply, I fully understand what he's talking about!
    You can light someone up perfectly and all you see is hitmarkers only for the target to run away,
    thats BAD design and frustrating and should have been near enough fixed in the beginning.
  • emerson1975
    603 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is the huge discrepancy between the TTK and the TTD!
    You shoot five bullets to drop someone yet you seem to be dropped in one.
    This has been an issue before due to servers putting multiple shots into one packet usually due to players with with high jitter or packet loss.
  • theboyblair
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I swear this game will give me an aneurism.
    The TTK to TTD ratio is absolutely horrendous. It feels like I get instakilled all the time by all weapons (defo no more than 2 shots) whilst I take about 6 seconds and constant burst or single shot hits to eventually down someone. I see a guy using a weapon and think ‘oh I’ll try that’ only to realise it’s exactly the same as my other pea shooters.
    I won’t even start on airplane kills or ground targets, bullets don’t seem to work on ground targets at all.
  • PSJackman4
    443 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I never liked COD's TTK and gameplay, thus, I do not want to see it ever come to Battlefield
  • CPU_UK
    1137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 11
    Not sure what "COD's TTK" is about, but BF has had TTK settings in the code for at least 10 years. Bullets have different values over different (longer) ranges.