What’s it going to take to get some hardcore around here..

kiirky3
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I know it’s just a dream but god I am dying for a hardcore mode to be added...

There’s talk that some of hardcore features may be added soon in the community games revamp but I want full control.

I’m talking weapons selection only belonging to the faction.

Character models from that faction only.

Limited Hud

Quicker TTK.

Who misses hardcore

Comments

• lupo_wael
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am having a hard time also playing the game with this hybrid mode.

What I hate:

Red tags over heads.
    kill cam.
    3rd person view for vehicles.
    Health regen.
    FF off.
    Needing 4 shots to kill with guns like the M1, MAS 44, etc.
    Not being able to fight back snipers over distances like i used to in previous BF games.

Tried going back to BF1 but unfortunately all HC servers are ghost towns now.
  • kiirky3
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lupo_wael wrote: »

What I hate:

Red tags over heads.
    kill cam.
    Health regen.
    FF off.
    Not being able to fight back snipers over distances like i used to in previous BF games.

Feel like they missed a trick with this battlefield. I don’t know if it’s me, but I feel like all shooter games now are made to easy now. I hate icons telling me where the enemy is, blips on maps etc, just ruins the immersion.

I’ve recently gone back to BF4 for some hardcore, but on console I can only really find conquest servers, I prefer more objective based modes like rush.

Battlefield V, id love the immersion of limited hud and icons. It would slow out some of the run and gun in core and make for better battles
  • glasgowsmile87
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hopefully the community games update will give us proper HC servers I just don't like the idea of 1 person opening a server just to close it I thin that paying for a server promotes people to run their server seriously I feel the community games HC mode servers are gona be a mess and very inconsistent 
  • 123loreni
    304 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    kiirky3 said:
    lupo_wael wrote: »

What I hate:

Red tags over heads.
    kill cam.
    Health regen.
    FF off.

Feel like they missed a trick with this battlefield. I don’t know if it’s me, but I feel like all shooter games now are made to easy now. I hate icons telling me where the enemy is, blips on maps etc, just ruins the immersion.

I’ve recently gone back to BF4 for some hardcore, but on console I can only really find conquest servers, I prefer more objective based modes like rush.

Battlefield V, id love the immersion of limited hud and icons. It would slow out some of the run and gun in core and make for better battles
    BFV PC player here.

I never understood why da heck do I see enemy soldiers marked on maps.

The icons above players however improves visibility tremendously.  
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    do you really want HC? in a game where the vast majority can not be bothered to check where they are aiming?, with V1/artillery and what not? uniforms that look rather same if you try to blend in. i mean be my guest but i can not see this beign even close to how it was in BF4 or any other title for that matter
  • PSJackman4
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    supposedly with the november update, you will be able to customize the game's settings to create a "hardcore" gamemode. Not 100% sure though, might just be rumors. 
  • NuttysKunKs
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wanted hardcore until I remembered all the RSC 1 hit kill deaths happening all the time.

With 200% damage SLRs will become too common. 1 hit kill any range 6 round magazine?

Far too easy lol

If anything a damage model of 150% would fair much better.
  • iamwiener
    390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    One problem is, that hc means something different for all of us. I, for example, don't need weapon damage changes in hc. Actually, the more bullets you need to kill, the more skill is needed. Lucky or camping OHK are far more annoying than "bullet sponges". To me hc means the removing of aid systems such as 3d spotting or passive spotting.
    Simply modifying damage doesn't make a proper hc mode. This will just end up with terrible balance issues. Instead weapons with high damage or rate of fire should be WAY harder to control (recoil kick etc.)
    Custom hc server settings will just lead to plenty different empty servers. Therefore and although I did play hc exclusively on previous BF games, I believe that this way of implementing hc will not be successful and I'll rather stick to "normal core".
  • PSJackman4
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wanted hardcore until I remembered all the RSC 1 hit kill deaths happening all the time.

With 200% damage SLRs will become too common. 1 hit kill any range 6 round magazine?

Far too easy lol

If anything a damage model of 150% would fair much better.
    Not only is the RSC a one hit kill in HCM, but stuff like the Gasser revolver, the No. 3 revolver, and most shotguns and bolt action rifles are one hit kills. 

Now I get this is hardcore mode...but this is just ridiculous 
  • Hawxxeye
    7952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2020
    It is simple really.
    Buy enough EA stock that they will have to consider your input
    Profit
  • AmosBurton_GER
    947 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What’s it going to take to get some hardcore around here..

A parallel universe.