Distant infantry glow yellow while zoooming in with 1st person on the pacific planes?!

2»

Comments

• MammiBoo
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If someone would watch closely, he would/should see, that the yellow / green models vanish completly at a certain render distance which makes it even harder to spot. Thats puts your "advantage" to a huge disadvantage in most cases. 
    Which is why most pilots i know dont have their settings on all low. And yes, this happens on a certain distance even on ultra on the ground, sometimes even buildings dont get rendered in front of an far away enemy. 

This is absolutely correct. That glow is present only at a huge distance. And if adsing is kept, the target vanishes, so you will be forced to keep track on the target and readjusting hits.Firing rockets when glowing positioning occurs doesnt give you a distinct advantage, by the time you fire, fly by time and impact moment, your target is not in range.
    In my experience after glowing vanishes target goes brown and afterwards is black or has an environment colour. Like a chameleon.
    On ps4 I am forced to get close anyways to check twice before firing. In that range I am in FF anyways.

Therefore considering absolute viewing disaster on consolol i use glowing only for a general idea where targets are, this doesnt mean I have an advantage.
    It is like saying blinking flags means pilots are wallhacking charging those contested flags.

It is helpful for a pretty large area but doesnt give you final direction where to land rockets or drop bombs.
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2020
    MammiBoo said:
    If someone would watch closely, he would/should see, that the yellow / green models vanish completly at a certain render distance which makes it even harder to spot. Thats puts your "advantage" to a huge disadvantage in most cases. 
    Which is why most pilots i know dont have their settings on all low. And yes, this happens on a certain distance even on ultra on the ground, sometimes even buildings dont get rendered in front of an far away enemy. 

This is absolutely correct. That glow is present only at a huge distance. And if adsing is kept, the target vanishes, so you will be forced to keep track on the target and readjusting hits.Firing rockets when glowing positioning occurs doesnt give you a distinct advantage, by the time you fire, fly by time and impact moment, your target is not in range.
    In my experience after glowing vanishes target goes brown and afterwards is black or has an environment colour. Like a chameleon.
    On ps4 I am forced to get close anyways to check twice before firing. In that range I am in FF anyways.

Therefore considering absolute viewing disaster on consolol i use glowing only for a general idea where targets are, this doesnt mean I have an advantage.
    It is like saying blinking flags means pilots are wallhacking charging those contested flags.

It is helpful for a pretty large area but doesnt give you final direction where to land rockets or drop bombs.
    On PC it is still sufficient  a distance to outrange the FF with rockets.
    If I get such abusing aces ever again I will try to remember to go spectator mode and record the show.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • spychodelics
    477 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    MammiBoo said:

If I get such abusing aces ever again I will try to remember to go spectator mode and record the show.
    Besides assuming they are using this settings, how would you know on which graphics settings they play on?
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2020
    Hawxxeye said:
    MammiBoo said:

Besides assuming they are using this settings, how would you know on which graphics settings they play on?
    Unless they tell that honestly themselves I cannot know.
    But I can assume by how I see things more easily  from the plane ever since I reduced my mesh quality to low
    By saying "abusing" in this context I do not mean them abusing mechanics, just that they make the enemy players feel like targets of abuse. I had not seen this many people massacred by pacific planes since their original implementation with the pre nerf HE cannons and pre nerf incendiary bombs
  • tempo_rarity
    1471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @ Hawxxeye - I wish I recorded , I've missed documenting so many amazing moments .

I've only ever seen perhaps five or six rounds - in total - where a One Percenter Flier elevates themselves to that rare status called Untouchable .
    I can't Kill them unless they get careless - all I can do is play the Discouragement Game against them and minimize their inflicted damage on us .

I personally don't like anything in these Games to be able to achieve this 'Untouchable' status , but I still respect the feat and those who do it .
    Just . . .much much less respect now , now that there sometimes may be a bit of 'glowiness' involved .

They're not glowing up there in the sky when they are but a pixel to me .
    Seems a tad unfair   :)
  • NuttysKunKs
    578 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Seen these glowing dudes for a while. On long distances like Iwo Jima for example.

The US guys glow bright green too.

For those saying it doesn’t matter as they disappear when u zoom don’t see the point.

You know where they are even if they disappear again!!!