Who uses off meta weapons? what is it you use?

2»

Comments

• 123loreni
    304 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dariarty said:
    " I don't get why are there bolt sniper rifles when damage is about the same as with self loading such as ZH29"
    -------------------
    Iam not sure but ive heard that the ZH29 and Model8 cant kill with a single headshot, while bolt action snipers can + bolt action rifles like the lee enfield have a similar ROF... good snipers can headshot 24/7, players like me suck at sniping so the ZH29 is a crutch so that bad snipers can score positive KD with this rifle...
    You are correct none of the SLR's are OHK with a headshot.

The Model 8 is actually quite good for a Recon pushing an objective solo, very nice ROF. 
    I don't know about model 8 but ZH29 is one shot kill if you head shot. The thing is that it's hard to nail the head so you must use "steady scope" button.
  • ElliotLH
    9771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    123loreni wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I don't know about model 8 but ZH29 is one shot kill if you head shot. The thing is that it's hard to nail the head so you must use "steady scope" button.

Sorry man but the ZH29 takes 2 headshots to kill if the target is full health. It's one of the main complaints about the proficiency & mastery assignments which require headshot kills with the gun.
  • Blackidus
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I rather use the Selbstlader 1906 than the ZH29.
    Same damage but better rof and better ironsights, the only downside is the reload time if you dont empty it before reloading.
    And if you put a scope on it you allways get the long reload.

I also like to run shootguns with slug spec, allways gives you some funny hackusations in the chat when you do long range 1 shot head-shot kills.
  • 123loreni
    ElliotLH said:
    123loreni wrote: »
    (Quote)

Sorry man but the ZH29 takes 2 headshots to kill if the target is full health. It's one of the main complaints about the proficiency & mastery assignments which require headshot kills with the gun.
    hm hm ill check that
  • 123loreni
    edited November 2020
    Blackidus said:
    I rather use the Selbstlader 1906 than the ZH29.
    Same damage but better rof and better ironsights, the only downside is the reload time if you dont empty it before reloading.
    And if you put a scope on it you allways get the long reload.

I also like to run shootguns with slug spec, allways gives you some funny hackusations in the chat when you do long range 1 shot head-shot kills.

You are right! Selbstalder takes about 50 point per shot which is about the same as ZH29 while it has 26 bullet magazine.

The thing I noticed is that in weapons specs it only shows little less damage but in game in take 2x less.

For instance Breda rifle has only 25 point damage and in specs it shows only little less damage than Selbstlader which has 50 point damage (on average).
  • BeastofBourbon84
    763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dude you are talking about the wrong selbstlader.

There is a selb1916 is the big mag assault semi - the selb1906 is the recon slr with a 5 rnd mag.

Completely different dmg models for balancing reasons....
  • PSJackman4
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2020
    CPU_UK said:
    ZH29 is for people who think they are snipers, but in fact can't handle a proper sniper rifle.
     I despise the ZH29, it doesn't even feel like it should belong in the scout class. It seems much more like an assault or medic weapon. It makes me so triggered when I get t-bagged by a camping sniper that is using that god awful sniper. 

No offense OP or anybody that uses the ZH29, I just don't like it. lol  : D
  • PSJackman4
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really like the Commando Carbine for the Medic class. It is sleek, versatile, and handy in close to long range combat.

I also use the Karabin for the assault class. I guess it is technically a meta weapon, but I barely see people use it. 
  • 123loreni

There is a selb1916 is the big mag assault semi - the selb1906 is the recon slr with a 5 rnd mag.

I see.

a bit off topic but still - how can selb1916 have 1x more damage per shot than Breda? In specs the damage bar shows only a little less damage?
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    123loreni said:

I see.

a bit off topic but still - how can selb1916 have 1x more damage per shot than Breda? In specs the damage bar shows only a little less damage?

never trust DICEs ingame Ui in BFV, its on the bad side of readability and information-display.... they should just forgo the slide-bars and give numbered values instead
  • maskedocelot
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    123loreni said:

I see.

The breda fires 4 shots bursts on default? So I guess to show that rather than going off single shot damage.
  • DavTan
    863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The drilling and 1907 with irons , does that count as non meta ?
  • glasgowsmile87
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DavTan said:
    The drilling and 1907 with irons , does that count as non meta ?
    I LOVE he drilling, getting those flick headshots from miles away scratches that itch! hahah
  • NuttysKunKs
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I’m liking the MP40 recently.

It’s like a laser. Also bear in mind it’s about how bullets actually hit not just the rof itself.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It’s like a laser. Also bear in mind it’s about how bullets actually hit not just the rof itself.

true but higher ROF weapons tend to perform better in BFV, especially if they also out DPS you at the same time (i.E almost all LMGs and ARs beyond 20m)
    i am more of a EMP,MP34 guy^^ or the carbines
  • 123loreni

and you see that when you try?

MP40 I would say it's not meta....
  • daywalker_1402
    126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Grease Gun and Karabin have been my go to's lately. Also really like the Type 11 LMG.