1 Year Later & DX12 Still a Stuttering Mess

JaKSLaP
292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited December 2017
i will keep this short, has anyone got DX12 running smoothly?

I have gone through two different builds and the game will always have random FPS drops when DX12 enabled.

The two system i had this issue were

Z87X-OC
i5 4690k
R9 390X Strix
16GB Gskill Ram
SSD

Z270x
i7 6700
16gb Ram
RX580
SSD

Has anyone got DX12 working? i honestly find this an absolute joke. Also i had the same issue with Star Wars Battlefront 2 "Beta"
Could it be something on my end? or an AMD issue.

Comments

• D5RAT
    2009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    It's a Dice issue . Dx12 works in other titles .Sooner or later they will need to get a grip of it because DX12 .x will soon be here with visual upgrades which should spell the end of DX11
  • JaKSLaP
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    D5RAT wrote: »
    It's a Dice issue . Dx12 works in other titles .Sooner or later they will need to get a grip of it because DX12 .x will soon be here with visual upgrades which should spell the end of DX11

So are you having the issue as well?
    What are your specs
  • D5RAT
    2009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    It's always stuttered for me .. i7 965 [email protected] , 12gb 1800 memory in Tri channel , AMD Fury card . Win 10 1607 (tried all) . 100fps in high but stutters , smooth in DX11 similar fps
  • virtualkill1432
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    Never, its never worked, but one interesting thing is that actually work only on turning tides dlc maps, i test dx12 from time to time, with new drivers, new game updates, but actually it never worked good enough except on those turning tides maps,its not great but its way better than all other maps,btw menu still lagging in dx12..and i actually made similar thread about dx12 and i will copy paste my thoughts from there, right here, because dx12 fixing needs attention and i agree with OP completely, and yes...

its been year, one whole year and dx12 is not fixed, cant understand why everyone ignoring this, yes dx11 works fine, but this game has dx12, why did they even implement this than..Its like"hey i m selling a speed bike but dont change speeds the chain will fall of"..

Working dx11 is not enough, since there is option for dx12 and that need to work too..I really cant ignore this, as long as everybody ignoring they will never fix it, and they hope for that..This is not some bug in game or something small,its a huge part of a game,they shouldnt implement dx12 at all, but as i sad, its there and it needs to work, this is not alpha test..

One year and they didnt even acknowledge the issue, one year without a word on that..We all really deserve this didnt we?...and yes i will not say those"i will never buy another ea game" because i will buy another bf game, i just love franchise and thats it,I respect Dice, they are hard working guys, but dont be fooled and hate on them, Ea pull the strings here, they cant go to bathroom without EA knowing it..

So EA take all our money as much as you can, eat it, drown in it, but there is cosmic justice,what goes around comes around..Sooner or later,justice will come,you are cursed by so many people EA, it cant be good when so much of negative energy is pushed towards you.. btw without Dice, EA is nothing,0...
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The funny thing is. If they didn't include the option, people wouldn't complain about it. it doesn't add anything visual and it's not very well implemented in the Engine. So why do you want to use 12, just because it's higher then 11?
  • trip1ex
    5187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DX12 promises 7 wives in heaven so I think that's why the fuss.

• Tuco_Ramirez_1
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    D5RAT wrote: »
    It's always stuttered for me .. i7 965 [email protected] , 12gb 1800 memory in Tri channel , AMD Fury card . Win 10 1607 (tried all) . 100fps in high but stutters , smooth in DX11 similar fps

Same here. I have an i7 2600k at 4.4Ghz and a Fury card.
    It's a mess.
  • virtualkill1432
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    Some people dont understand the point, its not about dx12, its about principle...and as someone above said, if its not in option nobody would complain about that, and thats exactly that, dont put option for something if its not working and sell a product with"oh look we have dx12 too,which is not working but dont tell anyone"...Some of you are really narrow minded its crazy...take me wrong or not..Those are one profile of people on these forums..

Than there are ones that never ever had problems with this game...and keep lying to themselves..i guess its good for them..and worst ones are those who send people to buy new components and boasting about theirs..and this is why most games today are not finished..

With forum like this, it really dont surprise me that developers dont come here and talk about certain problems with the game..and they like it this way, less work for them and instead they go on reddit forums to watch funny clips, witch is only thing you can found about this game there and not actual problems..or they post funny clips..and than they all together circle???????..

Post edited by virtualkill1432 on
  • JaKSLaP
    The funny thing is. If they didn't include the option, people wouldn't complain about it. it doesn't add anything visual and it's not very well implemented in the Engine. So why do you want to use 12, just because it's higher then 11?

Its not about complaining or trying to be difficult, its the principle of the matter. DICE keeps releasing broken games, and we the PC Gamers keep waste time and money thinking our rigs are broken, when in fact their games are broken!

Just do a google search about Bad Company 2 stuttering, BF3 Stuttering, BF4 Stuttering Hardline etc etc. Everytime a new BF title is released its always the same crap, changing power settings, disabling CPU park, Re-installing drivers, moving GPU to different PCI Slot etc etc, its getting ridiculous to be honest.

the game is advertised as DX12 compatible and it doesn't work, either they should fix it or remove completely. And the funny thing is Battlefront 2 suffers from the same crap. So why did DICE add DX12 to Battlefront 2?
  • xKusagamix
    1122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    unlike Vulkan which work flawlessly in 99% of any rig that at least support it properly, DX12 is a hit or miss. Some ppl find its better to play Battlefield 1 with DX12 while some (like me) get absolute horrible experience with DX12.
  • JaKSLaP
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    unlike Vulkan which work flawlessly in 99% of any rig that at least support it properly, DX12 is a hit or miss. Some ppl find its better to play Battlefield 1 with DX12 while some (like me) get absolute horrible experience with DX12.

What are your specs?
    everyone i ask says it runs bad
  • xKusagamix
    1122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    JaKSLaP wrote: »
    What are your specs?
    everyone i ask says it runs bad
    Ryzen 5 1600 3.8GHz, 16GB of G.Skill Flare X 2933MHz and XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB. DX11 work fine, DX12 totally destroy my experience, lot of fps drop and unstable fps.

My first rig with Xeon E3-1231 V3, 16GB of Avexir 1600MHz and ASUS RX 470 Strix OC 4GB didn't even play well together with the DX12, that's why i don't bother playing games with DX12 anymore.
  • D5RAT
    DX12 will get visual extensions and replace dx11 just as 11 replaced 9 so Dice better start learning how to implement it properly
  • TazYwazzY
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2017
    i just tried DX12 and its working great on my pc. 120 fps and CPU usage on 65% GPU usage 99% with no spikes on 64 players server.

Win 10 (1607)
    i7 4770K
    Asus GeForce GTX1070 8GB ROG Strix OC
    16 GIG RAM
  • virtualkill1432
    TazYwazzY wrote: »
    i just tried DX12 and its working great on my pc. 120 fps and CPU usage on 65% GPU usage 99% with no spikes on 64 players server.

Win 10 (1607)
    i7 4770K
    Asus GeForce GTX1070 8GB ROG Strix OC
    16 GIG RAM

Post a video pls?..and made me look stupid..otherwise i dont believe you, sorry...
  • TazYwazzY
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I will as soon as I get back home, if u prefer some certain maps let me know
  • Furious_Fista
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    Well, i disagree with your statement that TazYwazzY is lying or misleading. Actually, there were many examples in the past where temporariy the game performance is fixed , which leads us to believe that we have made some very good performance tweaks and improvements and a few days later, all of these are not working again. This might have some relation with the game servers.

Can you please test St.Quentin Scar map, around D and E flags- there you can notice a huge FPS drop once the battle gets more intense.
    Amiens also does have the same FPS drop.

Please, be aware to start and play on the same server without exiting. Will appreciate if you can enable - perfoverlaay.drawgraph 1 and give us some screenshots where/if the FPS drop occurs.

DX12 does really help on performance on some systems, but it`s very individual per system, so this might be absolutely true.
    Good luck with the test.
  • virtualkill1432
    TazYwazzY wrote: »
    I will as soon as I get back home, if u prefer some certain maps let me know

Ok, nice of you really, thanks...any map, except turning tides, since only those two are working in dx12 better than the rest...and as guy stated above St.Scar at exactly those places would be great..

Well, i disagree with your statement that TazYwazzY is lying or misleading. Actually, there were many examples in the past where temporariy the game performance is fixed , which leads us to believe that we have made some very good performance tweaks and improvements and a few days later, all of these are not working again. This might have some relation with the game servers.

Can you please test St.Quentin Scar map, around D and E flags- there you can notice a huge FPS drop once the battle gets more intense.
    Amiens also does have the same FPS drop.

Please, be aware to start and play on the same server without exiting. Will appreciate if you can enable - perfoverlaay.drawgraph 1 and give us some screenshots where/if the FPS drop occurs.

DX12 does really help on performance on some systems, but it`s very individual per system, so this might be absolutely true.
    Good luck with the test.

Well you put it that way, that its looking so rough now:)I could say that he straight up lied but i didnt, with reason i wrote what i wrote...;)
  • JoesDementia
    708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DX12 has been a stuttery mess since release for me. Across two CPUs and chipsets and three different GPUS. Not that I care, DX11 runs beautifully. No point in it for me.
  • virtualkill1432
    edited December 2017
    Jumpy-B-L wrote: »
    DX12 has been a stuttery mess since release for me. Across two CPUs and chipsets and three different GPUS. Not that I care, DX11 runs beautifully. No point in it for me.

Yes, you are absolutely right, but there is another thing, why they giving an option for this, and why they didnt acknowledge the problem over one year..They just could put dx11 and thats it, but advertising a game with that option that is broken for more than 90 percent users probably is not right, and the biggest problem is that they ignoring this.

One simple word from developers on dx12 issues would be great..Its like"hey we have dx12 in our game and lets pretend its working"..This is not free to play game to do such things or some low budget game with 30 dollars price tag....and one year not a word from them on dx12 issues, its disrespectful...its not purely about dx12..