Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Seriously...

Motafied
375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I am seriously done with people complaining how this game feels so different, than older Battlefields... How the depth of Battlefield is gone etc. None forces you to play Battlefield 1.

But that aside, do you guys even see that you change your way of thinking about things over the years? How you enjoy videogames over the years? Do you REALLY think that you would enjoy gaming as you did 10 years ago? (Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2..) NO. Your way of making or having a opinion changes.. Ofcourse the games are not the same... But your experience is NOT the same either. So if you like older Battlefields, go play them... But stop the endless and mostly USELESS bashing. Giving an opinion is always good... But make sure you can back-up your opinion with valid points.

You guys also forgot how the release of BF3 and BF4 were... One big drama! Try to compare BF1 once all DLC's are released.

Thank you.

Comments

• Donkey1RAR
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Motafied wrote: »
    I am seriously done with people complaining how this game feels so different, than older Battlefields... How the depth of Battlefield is gone etc. None forces you to play Battlefield 1.

But that aside, do you guys even see that you change your way of thinking about things over the years? How you enjoy videogames over the years? Do you REALLY think that you would enjoy gaming as you did 10 years ago? (Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2..) NO. Your way of making or having a opinion changes.. Ofcourse the games are not the same... But your experience is NOT the same either. So if you like older Battlefields, go play them... But stop the endless and mostly USELESS bashing. Giving an opinion is always good... But make sure you can back-up your opinion with valid points.

You guys also forgot how the release of BF3 and BF4 were... One big drama! Try to compare BF1 once all DLC's are released.

Thank you.

Salt! Troll ALert!!
  • ProAssassin2003
    1084 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I love Battlefield 1 and could care less what other people think. Battlefield 1 has no Equal, Rival or Competition in the FPS Market for Visuals, Dynamic 64 Player Epic Battles. I can't get that anywhere else so I will be playing this till the next iteration.
  • Osirin
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I try follow KISS princible onwards :

People opinions can change, so does games.

What i don't understand why release new battlefield game with so many bad design choices that in previous battlefield were working good.
    For example the weekly changing medal system should have scrap/battleback rewards added for doing them and you should be able do the whichever medal whenever you want instead having to activate them (meaning also other medals beside weekly changing ones).
    My head hurts thinking all the game design mistakes there is without anything done to make them more user friendly (There is even megathread of BF1 improvements), yet i play this game like a dreamer trusting there will be better tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong saying BF1 is bad, the graphics and most of basic gameplay is ok which balances somewhat the scales.

New games should be upgrade, not downgrade.
  • 01JPIZZLE10
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well most people are not happy hence so many threads about it. This is the lowest active players for bf game so soon after launch. Considering it sold so many copies shows how great dice are doing.
  • Osirin
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well most people are not happy hence so many threads about it. This is the lowest active players for bf game so soon after launch. Considering it sold so many copies shows how great dice are doing.

I think it is called "Buyers remorse".
  • V2Face
    1579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The battlefield community is afraid of change if it's not a modern military sim.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Battlefield has cursed me, i cannot play other shooters. I try, but i always come back to my mistress.
  • Frankenstein68
    397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I’d say the vast majority people just enjoy the game. They’re not on here complaining because they’re out there playing it and having fun. Personally, I think it’s the best one I’ve played; mainly because it’s a period of history I’m fascinated by. The theme is what’s hooked me.

It’s the vocal minority who are complaining about how much they hate the game.

If you don’t like it (*you as in people who complain they hate the game and aren’t gonna play it, not you personally...), then don’t play it. The rest of us are just gonna continue to enjoy it.
  • crabman169
    9678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Hardly. Compare the forum count to the player count.

Of course you are gonna see more negative threads; a lot of people can't be bother going out of their way make a postive thread (especially since they buried pretty quick).

Literally look at any other gaming forum.
  • xXWTFXxTHATGUY
    1171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I love Battlefield 1 and could care less what other people think. Battlefield 1 has no Equal, Rival or Competition in the FPS Market for Visuals, Dynamic 64 Player Epic Battles. I can't get that anywhere else so I will be playing this till the next iteration.

Look i get what you are saying, but if you don't Care what people think about bf1 then why create a thread asking them to quit complaining? If you enjoy the game that's all that matters.
  • Sixclicks
    1516 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 7
    It makes sense that people would complain about the game changing so much compared to the older Battlefields. Many Battlefield veterans grew to like this series so much because of how it was, so of course they'd be disappointed in the direction Battlefield has gone with this game. It's clear the game is falling into the trend that most other games are following now which is focusing on accessibility. That of course brings in more customers for DICE which is good for money, but at the same time it tends to degrade the depth of gameplay.

And in terms of player population, it's also clear that the decisions DICE has made in the development of this game have turned away many players. The peak player population since launch on PC is down 65%, Xbox is down 62%, and PS4 is down 56%.

I personally think that BF1 is overall a good game, and the launch was definitely a lot better than the recent previous titles. That said, I do wish DICE would bring BF back closer to its roots.

They definitely need to do something to slow the bleeding of players from the game. I was hoping the DLC would cause a spike in player population that would last maybe a couple of months until the next DLC eventually comes out, but that didn't happen. There was a small spike when the DLC was released, but within a month the peak population stats were already under the population stats just before the release of the DLC.
  • Hazzatomic
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    The battlefield community is afraid of change if it's not a modern military sim.

True but it was a happy medium. On one end of the scale you had ultra realistic shooters like ARMA and insurgency and things like that and on the other you had jump around to skrillex call of duty. Battlefield was nice middle ground. People are upset that it is slowly pulling towards the more casual call of duty side of the scale. I think people are worried about it becoming a slippery slope.

• Donkey1RAR
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    It makes sense that people would complain about the game changing so much compared to the older Battlefields. Many Battlefield veterans grew to like this series so much because of how it was, so of course they'd be disappointed in the direction Battlefield has gone with this game. It's clear the game is falling into the trend that most other games are following now which is focusing on accessibility. That of course brings in more customers for DICE which is good for money, but at the same time it tends to degrade the depth of gameplay.

And in terms of player population, it's also clear that the decisions DICE has made in the development of this game have turned away many players. The peak player population since launch on PC is down 65%, Xbox is down 62%, and PS4 is down 56%.

I personally think that BF1 is overall a good game, and the launch was definitely a lot better than the recent previous titles. That said, I do wish DICE would bring BF back closer to its roots.

They definitely need to do something to slow the bleeding of players from the game. I was hoping the DLC would cause a spike in player population that would last maybe a couple of months until the next DLC eventually comes out, but that didn't happen. There was a small spike when the DLC was released, but within a month the peak population stats were already under the population stats just before the release of the DLC.

Where did you find these stats mate, do you have any specific links?
  • mistaviks2
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I totally agree. If these people had there way we would all be playing 8 bit sprites on our megadrives.

Gaming and games evolve. Better graphics, better physics and mechanics.

Anyway who gives a damn what these people think. They are in the minority and we are the ones bringing the money in for EA. Without us there would be no battlefield.

• Sixclicks
    1516 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 10

@mR-Donkey1RAR

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights/population?days=-1

That chart shows the peak population for each month. So I took the peak from the first month and found the decrease in total peak players compared to the peak of the current month. The formula is PercentDecrease = 100*{1-(CurrentPeak/PastPeak)}

For example, on PC this would be calculated as: PercentDecrease = 100*{1-(41969/120996)} = 65.3% decrease in peak player population since the first month.
  • ShogunMoki
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 11

@mR-Donkey1RAR

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights/population?days=-1

That chart shows the peak population for each month. So I took the peak from the first month and found the decrease in total peak players compared to the peak of the current month. The formula is PercentDecrease = 100*{1-(CurrentPeak/PastPeak)}

For example, on PC this would be calculated as: PercentDecrease = 100*{1-(41969/120996)} = 65.3% decrease in peak player population since the first month.

Seems like a big decrease because of the "hype train" inflation numbers when everyone and their mothers wanted to play the game. BF1 averages 200,000 - 250,000 players a day at peak hours which is almost equivalent to the launch day numbers of BF4. Add the inflated numbers and you get a pretty successful game. The new monthly updates from DICE after the Spring Update means that more things like bugs, glitches, weapon balance, and map balancing will be fixed in a quicker amount of time, so that alone is a good sign that DICE still cares about keeping the community together.