What brought you to Battlefield?

misisipiRivrRat
815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Had a few beers with a buddy yesterday and we were talking about games, shooters in particular . He asked why I didn't play C.O.D anymore , and why only Battlefield .
Well the last cod I purchased was the first Black ops. I enjoyed it but it was getting stale so I rented bfbc2. I remember spawning into a night time map in the air and did't know how to deploy the parachute so I died! Spawned in again and finished the game. Next up was a jungle map and I got tore up by a chopper over and over so I deployed as a sniper and took a shot at the pilot seat. And wtf, I killed him. The chopper went down and I got three kills with my first ever shot as a sniper. Very lucky I know, but it was that shot that drew me in to Battlefield for good.
Anyway, I keep hoping for a cod game that will draw me back in so I have more variety .
So if you haven't been with the Battlefield series since the beginning when/why did you try it for the first time , and was there a first wow moment that got you hooked?

Comments

• rocketboy22802
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I grew up playing the original Star Wars Battlefronts, was disappointed by the new one for it's lack of depth and complexity, so I got Battlefield 1 when it released.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This old lady took me down a dark alley and placed a copy of Xbox Bad Company in my hands. I will not say what i had to do to earn it.
    But i ended up covered in tea and grass stains.
  • mistaviks2
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    64 players. The more the better.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Boarding school.

Up until that time 007 Nightfire and TC Ravenshield were the only fps games I had. My dorm mate wanted me to play coop and Vs him and gave me the bf2 demo. He moved on it cod whilst I also enjoyed cod but tried to get people playing bf2 full version by that time. Only my other dormmate the following year clicked on to how much fun battlefield is. The rest never liked the idea or found it too hard (LAN cod matches was the ****).

To this day I have no idea how my mate was able to take off a helicopter without lifting off the ground and somehow end up upside down. it was incredible.

Couple of the older kids played 1942 and nam so I get those off them, could never get 2142 to work. Missed bad company as it was brand new, didn't have a console and didn't even release it was a 'battlefield game' if you will. I was excited for bf3 but my laptop couldn't run it (well it could; 1-2fps just on singleplayer). Liked the look of bf4 and enjoyed watching Chaboyy and Azzy.

April 2014 I got a Xbox 360 and luck would have it it came with halo 4, tomb raider download code (standard at the time) plus Titanfall and bf4.

Fast foward three years; whew. Dream battlefield. I still play the classics on my laptop every now and again (especially when I'm out of data)

• doctorrocktor
    1799 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Love ww2 started with bf1942.
  • Foot_Elite_Guard
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why I tried Battlefield? Friend of mine recommended it back in BC2 days when it was bundled with my PS3 even though I told him that I consider this game harder to grasp (I played CoD Black Ops at that time, my first FPS experience) but he encouraged me by saying most people suck at game, runs around with horse's blinders on their eyes and I can get used to vehicles and game mechanics when time goes.

Now I enjoy Battlefield for class based combat of objective focused gameplay. Vehicles are nice but I like to destroy them.
  • JediScum81
    1438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    BFBC2 started it for me... Just the big free for all.. The first initial push forward as an attacker to the enemy base on Arica Harbour Rush... Was just epic. The atmosphere of the well crafted and beautifully designed maps... So I stayed with BF, I checked out games that had gone before (BFBC1, BF1942, even BF Heroes), and I stayed for all the games up until this game... And sure I'll be there for the next one.
  • bran1986
    5660 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A friend of mine in high school told me about how get a game called bf1942, so after school I would hangout at his house and play it. I got it for my PC and it ran like crap, but I think I was able to get about 20 frames lol.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LAN parties 1942
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LAN parties 1942

Did you use hacks back then too?
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was drawn to BF right after the release of 1942 because....well, there was pretty much nothing like it back then (and there are even very few examples of games like it nowadays). I just thought it looked like it would be something special, and it turned out to be very much so.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ram1c wrote: »
    LAN parties 1942

No just started using them last night. Can't believe those guys were on to me so quickly. Lmao. If you are on here, guy sending me messages... You're a chump.. >:)
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ram1c wrote: »
    LAN parties 1942

No just started using them last night. Can't believe those guys were on to me so quickly. Lmao. If you are on here, guy sending me messages... You're a chump.. >:)

and you wonder why you have so many stalkers... lol
  • Giliaaannn
    1162 postsMember Member
    l played the original Black Ops as well, a lot. Then I tried out the BF3 beta and ranked up to max rank. Then I started looking at the trailers and was just blown away and got on the hype train.
    I got hooked by the large scale maps, vehicles, teamwork and destruction. Played it for, idk, 600 hours or so. Then tried some BF4 but wasn't really sold and switched back to CoD: BO3. And now I am back here, just switching it up. BF1 is awesome, DICE just needs to polish their games better. It's in a much better place right now but still got lag issues and some small annoyances.

• kaliyl777
    1958 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    WW1 theme.
  • Maestro-FIN
    617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bf1942 demo from that on
  • Godhates1234
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My first Battlefield was Bad Company 2. I was sold and have been plyed BF 3,4 and now BF 1 who i think the best in the BF franchise. Play BF1 all the time.
  • BigF33t_13
    6660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I was playing Cod 2 and 4. I bought BF2 but didn't like it very much. But when MW2 came out without dedicated servers, I bolted. I bought Bad Company 2, and never turned back. I did skip Hardline. The alpha and beta were ok, but I was still in to BF4 and didn't see the need.
  • Holmindeboks
    162 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    the better graphics compared to call of duty black ops 1. i always played cod but the graphics didnt improve. so i bought battlefield bad company 2 instead of a new call of duty game. and in bad company 2 i came in a clan and then you automaticly buy the new battlefield game when it released. to keep playing with the clan :)
  • RedLegionnaire80
    46 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Battlefield 1 is the second Battlefield title that I've ever owned (the first being BFBC2). While there are several things that bother me about this game, the pros definitely outweigh the cons when I compare it to all the other games I could be playing. Just the theme of the game was enough to draw me in, because it was an interesting move on the part of DICE and EA. There aren't many games on the subject, so it really sparked my interest and turned me into a fan, lol.