Weekly BF

Have to sort out grenades, it's beyond a joke

Comments

• McBaffel
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    OG-N2rock wrote: »
    I realize this is just anecdotal evidence but...
    I played BF4 for years. My total kill count from every type of grenade is 196
    In BF1, my kill count for standard frag grenade ALONE is 338! Nearly double in only 6 months. Add in the other grenades and I have 548 kills with grenades.
    Something just ain't right.

The "something" is the fuse timers. In previous games, once the grenade left your hand, its fuse began to cook. In BF1, for what ever reason, DICE decided that fuses start burning once the grenade lands on a flat surface.

I'm fine with grenades having high damage. They're grenades after all. But the fuses need to be patched to be like a normal fuse. Maybe allow "cooking," since it leaves you open to attack, even if you can time it to explode "instantly."

Still prefer the fuse timers that started once you press L1 and nades that leave your hand once you release L1. Has advatages but it's a 'skill' to master.

Edit I see you do not dislike my idea consider thisnpost irrelevant.
  • RowdyEben
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ani tank grenades need to do considerable less damage against infantry. On maps like the fort its dumb for the assault class to have 3 grenades and a rocket gun to camp and destroy infantry. Its a not very funny joke
  • Forkbeard84
    1617 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RowdyEben wrote: »
    Ani tank grenades need to do considerable less damage against infantry. On maps like the fort its dumb for the assault class to have 3 grenades and a rocket gun to camp and destroy infantry. Its a not very funny joke

Camping rocket guns? Is my support buddy camping with me too? Endless rocket and grenade spawn. :-)
  • RowdyEben
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Camping rocket guns? Is my support buddy camping with me too? Endless rocket and grenade spawn. :-)

Exactly what's wrong in the game. Should take a cue from rockstar... put these bums in servers with the same kind of players
  • Forkbeard84
    1617 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017

Exactly what's wrong in the game. Should take a cue from rockstar... put these bums in servers with the same kind of players

Have to come get us lol. Our medic and scout friend are there camping too.

I don't really do this. Just havin fun imagining the possibilities. :-)
  • RowdyEben

Have to come get us lol. Our medic and scout friend are there camping too.

I don't really do this. Just havin fun imagining the possibilities. :-)

Riiiiiiiight.....
  • Chillmatik_86
    2369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Good news, saw a westie vid yesterday heard him saying the auto-refill on the nades will come to and end with the next update. :)
  • dreadpiratedylan
    64 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    grenades wont be respawning after the next patch, if you want some more you will have to find a supply crate which is a very good thing.

but i still think we should get two frags.

and reloading rifle/bow is a bit too slow.
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

no, 2 smokes is fine tho

• b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Halfa-Cree wrote: »

no, 2 smokes is fine tho

Agree with that but timer for drags still should start when they are thrown and not when they land.
  • A1337chicken
    464 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    grenades wont be respawning after the next patch, if you want some more you will have to find a supply crate which is a very good thing.

and reloading rifle/bow is a bit too slow.

Nah, I feel like it's too fast. Grenade launchers should be for accurate long-range fire. Rifle grenades are pretty easy to spam.
  • Ben8D8over
    940 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    b2tchwood wrote: »
    I don't think I'd be far off saying 30-40% of my deaths are from grenades. The grenade model right now is absurd.

Frag/stick grenades are effectively impact grenades, put the timer back on frags like other BF titles. This is worse than the RGO epidemic of BF4.

If I get killed by an impact fair enough but the fact I have such a small chance of surviving a drag/stick grenade because they act like a delayed impact grenade is stupid.

I agree 100% and the good news is they are making a lot of changes to the grenades in CTE, or so I´ve heard.
    It takes longer to deploy, so you can no longer throw while dying as you can now.
    DICE seems to be listening, which is great.
    I read or saw something about the timing and volume, at least some good changes coming, thank god, lol

EDIT, here´s some info, he talks about grenades at 05:00 minutes into the video
  • b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ben8D8over wrote: »
    b2tchwood wrote: »
    I don't think I'd be far off saying 30-40% of my deaths are from grenades. The grenade model right now is absurd.

Frag/stick grenades are effectively impact grenades, put the timer back on frags like other BF titles. This is worse than the RGO epidemic of BF4.

If I get killed by an impact fair enough but the fact I have such a small chance of surviving a drag/stick grenade because they act like a delayed impact grenade is stupid.

I agree 100% and the good news is they are making a lot of changes to the grenades in CTE, or so I´ve heard.
    It takes longer to deploy, so you can no longer throw while dying as you can now.
    DICE seems to be listening, which is great.
    I read or saw something about the timing and volume, at least some good changes coming, thank god, lol

EDIT, here´s some info, he talks about grenades at 05:00 minutes into the video

Thanks for that Ben
  • OneLikeDarka
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    Make the grenade system mimic the bf3/bf4 system, it was far superior.. I agree the bf1 system.... Suuuuuuuucks.

Let off a shot at someone and 9/10 times like 4-5 frag grenades with insanely short timers fly at you from every enemy that even thinks you're a target and boom it's a cheap death.... No thanks it makes me enjoy this game far less tbh
  • Khronikos
    2146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    urban2544 wrote: »
    Lol, get rid of all nades. Seriously nades were a huge part of warfare back then. What next? Fire burns, bullets make me die,. Im sorry but nades are as much a part of this game as anything. And whats funny is a lot of posts say reduce reduce reduce.

"Greatest Grenade Battle of the War

Undoubtedly the greatest grenade battle of the war occurred on the Pozieres Heights on the night of 26-27 July 1916.

Lasting for twelve-and-a-half hours without a break the Australians, with British support, exchanged grenades with their German foes (who threw multiple types of grenade: sticks, cricket balls, egg bombs and rifle grenades). The allied contingent alone threw some 15,000 Mills bombs during the night.

Many grenadiers were killed that night, while many others simply fell down due to complete exhaustion."

Jesus can you even imagine such craziness lol?
  • Khronikos
    2146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game is definitely going to lose some energy without the nades. We'll have to see if that means the game becomes less fun or more fun.
  • realistalive
    606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the latter
  • b2tchwood
    OG-N2rock wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    The game is definitely going to lose some energy without the nades. We'll have to see if that means the game becomes less fun or more fun.

It will be better. I mean, it's a "First Person Shooter", not a "First Person Thrower". Let's get back to having gun battles, not grenade battles.

LMFAO!!! "First Person Thrower" I'm dying dude hahaha!
  • blindsniper63
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm equipping Tennis racket just in case.