Weekly BF

Have to sort out grenades, it's beyond a joke

Comments

• OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm equipping Tennis racket just in case.

Now that would just be amazing! Incoming grenades, whack, back at ya! LMAO
  • Trokey66
    8564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OG-N2rock wrote: »

Apparantly DUCE tried to develop that using the shovel but priced to glitchy.

There is a video about it on here some where.

Grenades have always been an issue to some degree in BF but BF1 seems to have gone that little bit further.
  • OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Grenades have always been an issue to some degree in BF but BF1 seems to have gone that little bit further.

agreed. My personal grenade stats from BF4 to BF1, there's no comparison. BF1 grenades are WAY higher. It feels like not only are grenades spammed, but they also seem to be in "easy mode"- I feel like they are homing missiles most times.
  • Trokey66
    8564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017

agreed. My personal grenade stats from BF4 to BF1, there's no comparison. BF1 grenades are WAY higher. It feels like not only are grenades spammed, but they also seem to be in "easy mode"- I feel like they are homing missiles most times.

Homing AND thermo nuclear!

Just checked my BF4 stats and after 1400 hrs, I have just over 1000 kills with all types of grenades.

I don't intentionally spam grenades but including Heavy AT Grenades, I'm already at 750 in this game.
  • OG-N2rock

Just checked my BF4 stats and after 1400 hrs, I have just over 1000 kills with all types of grenades.

I don't intentionally spam grenades but including Heavy AT Grenades, I'm already at 750 in this game.

Yeah, on BF4 I had 547 hrs, and had a total of 196 grenades with all types. BF1 I have 186 hours (so 1/3 the amount of time as BF4), and already 346 of the frag grenade alone! Add in all types of grenades and I have 586! So in 1/3 the amount of time, I have 3 times the amount of kills.
  • Trokey66
    The 'random grenade throw', even on large open areas, does seem to be more successful in BF1.
  • Chillmatik_86
    2369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

... Only with barbed wire or spikes attached to it so it can also be used as a melee
  • blindsniper63
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not my fault if players keep running into my grenades honest.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

This...i swear to god every grenade is like it was being dropped from the Enola Gay.
  • Daallaass09
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    the blast on stick and the light tank grenade is silly i never seem to be far enough away from them or the wall i am cowering behind is useless
  • b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ha, just checked my BF4 stats comparison, on my b2tchwood account I am 360 hours in BF4 with 83 frag kills.

In BF1 I am 180 hours with 583 frag kills..... I feel dirty!

In fact on my col_beastwood account I am 1906 hours and my total grenade kills is close to my total bf1 kills..... that being said my c4 kills are nuts (but I love taking out vehicles)
  • Chillmatik_86
    2369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    600+ hours in it..

1117 AT kills (majority vehicles)
    893 Frag kills
    607 Incendiary
    625 Light AT (majority vehicles)

Dont use the other nades besides smoke..
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    The game is definitely going to lose some energy without the nades. We'll have to see if that means the game becomes less fun or more fun.

It will be better. I mean, it's a "First Person Shooter", not a "First Person Thrower". Let's get back to having gun battles, not grenade battles.
    Fps? OK get rid of all vehicles, melee, field guns, horses,dynamite,limpet,trip wires.....bf has always had them. Maybe it's not the game for you if you can't deal with them. Go rent a server and turn them off if they bother you, and not ask to fix the game for you.

I love the immersion you get with explosives in the game. Running building to building or trench to trench with things blowing up around you. That's what keeps the adrenaline going for me.
  • OG-N2rock
    The game is definitely going to lose some energy without the nades. We'll have to see if that means the game becomes less fun or more fun.

It will be better. I mean, it's a "First Person Shooter", not a "First Person Thrower". Let's get back to having gun battles, not grenade battles.
    Fps? OK get rid of all vehicles, melee, field guns, horses,dynamite,limpet,trip wires.....bf has always had them. Maybe it's not the game for you if you can't deal with them. Go rent a server and turn them off if they bother you, and not ask to fix the game for you.

I love the immersion you get with explosives in the game. Running building to building or trench to trench with things blowing up around you. That's what keeps the adrenaline going for me.

Why does everyone feel the need to throw out the "maybe it's not the game for you" quip? Does it make you feel somehow superior? You probably didn't even notice that below my name it lists BF3, BF4, BFH, BF1. But what it doesn't show is BFBC, and BFBC2. Yeah, I've been playing BF for a long time. In fact I've been playing BF games exclusively since the day I bought BFBC (except for a stint last year playing Planetside 2 while waiting for BF1 to release). So tell me again how this "is not the game for me"... SMH
    Now on my comment about the grenades being too much. That is my OPINION! Yes, I'm entitled to my opinion, just as you are entitled to have your own opinion. I never said anything about vehicles, melee, field guns, etc etc etc... You threw those out as a strawman to invalidate my opinion. But it didn't work because I did not mention any of those things. Have a good day
  • Bagliner
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Chaps. If you read All quiet on the Western Front you will find that more often than not troops would go over the top armed with nothing but a sharpened spade and grenades.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 2017

Why does everyone feel the need to throw out the "maybe it's not the game for you" quip? Does it make you feel somehow superior? You probably didn't even notice that below my name it lists BF3, BF4, BFH, BF1. But what it doesn't show is BFBC, and BFBC2. Yeah, I've been playing BF for a long time. In fact I've been playing BF games exclusively since the day I bought BFBC (except for a stint last year playing Planetside 2 while waiting for BF1 to release). So tell me again how this "is not the game for me"... SMH
    Now on my comment about the grenades being too much. That is my OPINION! Yes, I'm entitled to my opinion, just as you are entitled to have your own opinion. I never said anything about vehicles, melee, field guns, etc etc etc... You threw those out as a strawman to invalidate my opinion. But it didn't work because I did not mention any of those things. Have a good day

What you did do is try to make a "fps" argument. When there have been multiple ways to kill in every bf title. No strawman there.

Being a ww1 theme nades fit in. If you die a lot from them to the point you have a gripe, you are doing something wrong.

I to have played them all, and have no problem avoiding nades on bf1.
  • OG-N2rock

What you did do is try to make a "fps" argument. When there have been multiple ways to kill in every bf title.

Being a ww1 theme nades fit in. If you die a lot from them to the point you have a gripe, you are doing something wrong.

I to have played them all. And have no problem avoiding nades on bf1.

But there is no denying that they are much more prevalent in BF1 than any other BF title. Everyone's stats will back that up - plenty of examples of that already posted in this thread. There's a reason for that. I don't know if Dice added some sort of "aim assist" to the grenades, or if it's just a larger kill radius. I just know that it is far easier to get a kill in BF1 than any of the previous titles. Previous titles required accuracy with the throw. BF1 seems like you can just randomly throw one and get a kill or two- no skill required. I have no idea what Dice changed, but something was changed.
  • kampkaos_420_

What you did do is try to make a "fps" argument. When there have been multiple ways to kill in every bf title.

I to have played them all. And have no problem avoiding nades on bf1.

But there is no denying that they are much more prevalent in BF1 than any other BF title. Everyone's stats will back that up - plenty of examples of that already posted in this thread. There's a reason for that. I don't know if Dice added some sort of "aim assist" to the grenades, or if it's just a larger kill radius. I just know that it is far easier to get a kill in BF1 than any of the previous titles. Previous titles required accuracy with the throw. BF1 seems like you can just randomly throw one and get a kill or two- no skill required. I have no idea what Dice changed, but something was changed.

I think a lot has to do with "new to battlefield players". They pile up making easy kills and their first instinct is to throw a nade. See my boy do this on cod all the time with stun nade and such.

I got the same guy 4 times with gas the other day. In the same door over and over. He never flanked. Nade kills are easier on bf1, but I think it is because players don't know how to adapt.

Some modes like operation,rush,frontline are bad yes. Others not bad at all. Maybe focus on fixing the modes so players aren't clustered and nades won't be that bad. I feel the modes number of players and design are the real problem though.
  • A1337chicken
    464 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why does no one pay attention to the real reasons why grenade spam happens in BF1? It's the combination of their high blast radius, quick throw time, and smart fuses.

There's no problem with a high blast radius and high damage. It is a grenade after all. A high power allows you to flush out or kill entrenched enemies, and can break a stalemate.

The quick throw is one of the problems. Throwing grenades in BF1 is one of the fastest animations I've seen in a video game. You don't even pull the pin, and your weapon is right back in your hands in an instant. You can easily engage enemies, throw a grenade, and continue shooting people. In other games, the arming animation of a grenade will get you killed if you try to throw one while in a firefight.
    Grenades should have animations of pulling the pin/tugging the drawstring/etc. Additionally, this should put away your gun, so that you must be more careful of when you throw your grenade. Do it at the wrong time, and you'll be peppered with lead.

Even more of a problem though, is the fuses. For whatever reason, DICE decided that in BF1, all grenades would have a type of smart fuse. The timer does not start until the grenade hits a horizontal flat surface. This is what makes grenades feel like they're homing in on you. They bounce once, and then by the time you're running away, you've been blown to bits.
    Instead, we should return to the standard of "grenade is thrown, grenade explodes 4-5 seconds later."
  • urban2544
    357 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well in all fairness the switching between your weapon and melee is just as fast. Never seen a shovel appear and a rifle go inbetween so fast.