Have to sort out grenades, it's beyond a joke

Comments

• blindsniper63
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why does no one pay attention to the real reasons why grenade spam happens in BF1? It's the combination of their high blast radius, quick throw time, and smart fuses.

There's no problem with a high blast radius and high damage. It is a grenade after all. A high power allows you to flush out or kill entrenched enemies, and can break a stalemate.

The quick throw is one of the problems. Throwing grenades in BF1 is one of the fastest animations I've seen in a video game. You don't even pull the pin, and your weapon is right back in your hands in an instant. You can easily engage enemies, throw a grenade, and continue shooting people. In other games, the arming animation of a grenade will get you killed if you try to throw one while in a firefight.
    Grenades should have animations of pulling the pin/tugging the drawstring/etc. Additionally, this should put away your gun, so that you must be more careful of when you throw your grenade. Do it at the wrong time, and you'll be peppered with lead.

Even more of a problem though, is the fuses. For whatever reason, DICE decided that in BF1, all grenades would have a type of smart fuse. The timer does not start until the grenade hits a horizontal flat surface. This is what makes grenades feel like they're homing in on you. They bounce once, and then by the time you're running away, you've been blown to bits.
    Instead, we should return to the standard of "grenade is thrown, grenade explodes 4-5 seconds later."

@A1337chicken

This might cheer you up.

https://pvplive.net/c/battlefield-1-cte-patch-allows-for-trade-kills-prioritizes-hit-registration
  • OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why does no one pay attention to the real reasons why grenade spam happens in BF1? It's the combination of their high blast radius, quick throw time, and smart fuses.

There's no problem with a high blast radius and high damage. It is a grenade after all. A high power allows you to flush out or kill entrenched enemies, and can break a stalemate.

The quick throw is one of the problems. Throwing grenades in BF1 is one of the fastest animations I've seen in a video game. You don't even pull the pin, and your weapon is right back in your hands in an instant. You can easily engage enemies, throw a grenade, and continue shooting people. In other games, the arming animation of a grenade will get you killed if you try to throw one while in a firefight.
    Grenades should have animations of pulling the pin/tugging the drawstring/etc. Additionally, this should put away your gun, so that you must be more careful of when you throw your grenade. Do it at the wrong time, and you'll be peppered with lead.

Even more of a problem though, is the fuses. For whatever reason, DICE decided that in BF1, all grenades would have a type of smart fuse. The timer does not start until the grenade hits a horizontal flat surface. This is what makes grenades feel like they're homing in on you. They bounce once, and then by the time you're running away, you've been blown to bits.
    Instead, we should return to the standard of "grenade is thrown, grenade explodes 4-5 seconds later."

@A1337chicken

This might cheer you up.

https://pvplive.net/c/battlefield-1-cte-patch-allows-for-trade-kills-prioritizes-hit-registration

yeah, those grenade changes definitely cheered me up!
  • blindsniper63
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OG-N2rock wrote: »

@A1337chicken

This might cheer you up.

@OG-N2rock On some of them maps i could be a very popular guy if i was running Supply lol.
  • OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

@A1337chicken

This might cheer you up.

@OG-N2rock On some of them maps i could be a very popular guy if i was running Supply lol.

Ammo crates are going to be everywhere now- just wait and see. Finally we won't have to chase after Support guys! LOL
  • blindsniper63

@A1337chicken

This might cheer you up.

Ammo crates are going to be everywhere now- just wait and see. Finally we won't have to chase after Support guys! LOL

@OG-N2rock not if i throw my TWO smoke grenades you won't be able to see them lol.
  • McBaffel
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017

I'll keep calling for the timer that starts when you press L1 and nade leaves the hand when L1is released.

This imo still is the only good way to have nadr timers work.
  • Baasdreumes
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have no problems with the grenades its ok

I would however consider different dye for the smoke grenades so i can mark with red or yellow smoke to ask for tank or air support or just because colored smoke is awesome :*
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1837 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mmarkweII wrote: »
    I say get rid of all grenades except 2 types. 1 lethal and 1 non lethal (smoke), and they can't be resupplied.

I agree... Why there is a cooldown on grenades is beyond my comprehension... 1 life = 1 grenade... that would eliminate the grenadespam.
    Fort De Vaux is a great example of these bottlenecks and once you see 5-6 enemy grenades coming your way... You know your in for a 30 sec. grenade-toss both ways until a player finds out to backrage your team or vice versa....
  • llIBertIll
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

This might cheer you up.

https://pvplive.net/c/battlefield-1-cte-patch-allows-for-trade-kills-prioritizes-hit-registration[/quote]

yeah, those grenade changes definitely cheered me up! [/quote]

@OG-N2rock On some of them maps i could be a very popular guy if i was running Supply lol.[/quote]

Bahahaha I just made a bazillion new friends
  • Zooboid
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't mind the nade spamming it's those occasional homing nades that seem to follow you!
  • Ben8D8over
    940 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can´t wait for the new update
    As it is, I have a hill or a house between me and the enemies, and I just throw my nade even if I´m not sure where the enemy is, and very often make a kill of it. Pure luck.
    I don´t have to think about it, I´ll get another one soon anyway.
    This is simply not good, and this is why everybody is throwing grenades in the air all the time, just hoping for a lucky kill :smile:

In BF4, you really didn´t want to "waste" a grenade, and that is how it should be, in my opinion
    Grenades should take a little bit of skill to use :smile:
  • blindsniper63
    Ben8D8over wrote: »
    As it is, I have a hill or a house between me and the enemies, and I just throw my nade even if I´m not sure where the enemy is, and very often make a kill of it. Pure luck.
    This is simply not good, and this is why everybody is throwing grenades in the air all the time, just hoping for a lucky kill :smile:

In BF4, you really didn´t want to "waste" a grenade, and that is how it should be, in my opinion

@Ben8D8over but Ben it's not always my fault , most players as kids played catch ball! so years later when we play these games i throw a nade and instinctively the enemy decide to catch it then BOOM!!!
  • OG-N2rock

Exactly! In previous titles, you held on to that grenade until it was useful - like someone you just injured made it around cover, or someone was inside a room waiting for you... Situations like that. In BF1 the thought process seems to be "never die with a grenade in your pocket". It seems to be the very first thing done- throw that grenade, and if you're assault, throw all 3 grenades.
  • blindsniper63

Exactly! In previous titles, you held on to that grenade until it was useful - like someone you just injured made it around cover, or someone was inside a room waiting for you... Situations like that. In BF1 the thought process seems to be "never die with a grenade in your pocket". It seems to be the very first thing done- throw that grenade, and if you're assault, throw all 3 grenades.

@OG-N2rock hey OG do you think it's because this is a huge Squad based game compared to previous Battlefield games and the reason i'm saying this is because if i come across a player or two you can more or less guarantee there might be other players there so you toss grenade on the hit and hope bases?
  • OG-N2rock

@OG-N2rock hey OG do you think it's because this is a huge Squad based game compared to previous Battlefield games and the reason i'm saying this is because if i come across a player or two you can more or less guarantee there might be other players there so you toss grenade on the hit and hope bases?

I dunno... BF4 was same number of players. But the maps didn't feel as tight (except Locker which of course was a nadefest). So yeah, probably right.
  • sarris_bros-1978
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

@Ben8D8over but Ben it's not always my fault , most players as kids played catch ball! so years later when we play these games i throw a nade and instinctively the enemy decide to catch it then BOOM!!!
    Lol!!!
  • NLsRene
    203 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lol.. yeah in WW1 they had massive nade wars. Yet this is 2017 and it's a game related to WW1. Why is there qonquest? Did they capture flags at WW1? No, is it fun to play though? Yes. Are nades a game-breaker? Absolutely.
    There should be nades, but they should not be able to re-supply. People litterly keep spamming nades, while sitting on a ammo crate. We play a game, this is not the real world war for the guy who showed an article of a nade fight lasting 2 days out of all the days they had war.

Get my point? If this game would be exactly the same they had war. We would not capture flags, plant and defuse bombs etc. But hey it's okay, because it's a game. It should be playable!

What happened to those who didn't die by nades? They fell down because off exhaustion. Isn't that exactly the reason, that nades all the way, wont work?! The answear is there, in ur own storie.

• Cr4zyR3dFr0g
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I want more grenades, I want a primary weapon grenade launcher, I want enough dynamite to blow a hole from Amiens to the Suez canal...... whose with me? ;)
  • Chillmatik_86
    2369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I want more grenades, I want a primary weapon grenade launcher, I want enough dynamite to blow a hole from Amiens to the Suez canal...... whose with me? ;)

Would be fun B)
  • MrJayPee71
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WW1 had sappers and engineers who tunnelled under enemy positions and loaded a roomful of TNT before detonating it all to the high heavens. Craters 50m wide.
    Granted, this would be even worse explosive spam but it would be a great way to end the Frontline session that is lasting for hours.