Possible Caporetto map in the future ?

SFSeventh
266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Seriously how did you not include such a map ? Even when starting the Iron walls OP the Italian narrator mentions their defeat there.
You gave us the Caporetto skin for the Frommer stop and the Isonzo skin for the Automatico and that's it ?
Seriously you are missing out on a big opportunity for a very amazing infantry only map in the alps.
I recently visited the ww1 museum there and i felt like it would be a very nice and immersive addition to the game.
Historically it would fit in perfectly, if such a map would be strictly infantry only as no heavy vehicles were present in those battles.
And with that you could also introduce the Carcano rifle for the Italian army.
Immagine an infantry only map taking place in the mountainside trenches. Poor conditions, bad weather and constant artillery.
ww1-victory.jpg
fxb001sa.jpg?w=584&h=438
q_60408_an_abandoned_italian__long-range_gun_in_its_position_covering_a_mountain_road._after_the_caporetto_battle._october__1917.png
large_000000.jpg

Comments

• Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    This is like the 1,000th "why wasn't this battle made into a map in this game" thread.

DICE can't make every major battle location and landscape in WW1 a map. It's about as logical as the people that complain their specific country of choice's military isn't included in the game.

(though I do agree with adding the Carcano - that's a dope rifle)
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    That bridge would look good on fire and exploded.
  • BaconRebellion
    2423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    This is like the 1,000th "why wasn't this battle made into a map in this game" thread.

DICE can't make every major battle location and landscape in WW1 a map. It's about as logical as the people that complain their specific country of choice's military isn't included in the game.

Basically this. They can't add in every major or minor battle if the war. Wed have an insane number of maps that would never be played. Wwi was a massive war on a massive scale. They can't get everything in a game. Perhaps they can save some battles for another wwi game or something.

It is nice though that they named the legendary and distinguished skins after generals, battles, and nicknames
  • Bluemoon2393
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree

As we have a 2 British and 2 French Operations. The most common side on the central powers is Germany as they are already in 4 operations and I think people will get bored fighting for or against the Germans.

Another Alpine Operation would be welcome and Caporetto would be perfect as

1. Austria-Hungary are not the attackers like the Ottomon Empire in the current operations and mostly ignored and forgotten as we already have Germany in every operation.
    2. A important battle which made a big difference during WW1.
    3. Mountainous/Hill battles are more fun like Monte Grappa and Verdun.

You would have the Armoured Train as the Behemoth and maybe the Airship in another operation.

I think every side should have at least 1 attacking and 1 defending operation to make sure it balances every side in the game.
  • SFSeventh
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Basically this. They can't add in every major or minor battle if the war. Wed have an insane number of maps that would never be played. Wwi was a massive war on a massive scale. They can't get everything in a game. Perhaps they can save some battles for another wwi game or something.

It is nice though that they named the legendary and distinguished skins after generals, battles, and nicknames

I know, but hey why not share an idea ?
  • SFSeventh
    I agree

As we have a 2 British and 2 French Operations. The most common side on the central powers is Germany as they are already in 4 operations and I think people will get bored fighting for or against the Germans.

1. Austria-Hungary are not the attackers like the Ottomon Empire in the current operations and mostly ignored and forgotten as we already have Germany in every operation.

You would have the Armoured Train as the Behemoth and maybe the Airship in another operation.

I think every side should have at least 1 attacking and 1 defending operation to make sure it balances every side in the game.

I thought of this also because in Iron walls the Austro hungarians are pictured as aggressors with high ideals and nothing else. This would give context to their side of the war and would be cool as a prequel to that operation.
    Also a single map operation would be cool (maybe harder for attackers or just less battalions or tickets).
  • Bluemoon2393
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree

I thought of this also because in Iron walls the Austro hungarians are pictured as aggressors with high ideals and nothing else. This would give context to their side of the war and would be cool as a prequel to that operation.
    Also a single map operation would be cool (maybe harder for attackers or just less battalions or tickets).

People forget that WW1 started with Austria-Hungary declaring war on Serbia (With the help off the Germans) and its amazing how they are hardly in the game along with the Ottoman Empire.

Every Operation has Germany involved and I'm hoping for the Russian DLC they add 1 Austria-Hungary operation against the Russians and not having Germany on again.

Caporetto would be perfect to have Austria-Hungary as the attackers and the Italians as the defenders. I also hope they would add a map like the 3rd mission on Sniper Elite 4 with the Armoured Train as the Behemoth along the Bridge as a possible good idea.
  • SFSeventh
    I agree

People forget that WW1 started with Austria-Hungary declaring war on Serbia (With the help off the Germans) and its amazing how they are hardly in the game along with the Ottoman Empire.

Every Operation has Germany involved and I'm hoping for the Russian DLC they add 1 Austria-Hungary operation against the Russians and not having Germany on again.

Caporetto would be perfect to have Austria-Hungary as the attackers and the Italians as the defenders. I also hope they would add a map like the 3rd mission on Sniper Elite 4 with the Armoured Train as the Behemoth along the Bridge as a possible good idea.

Yes sounds pretty nice. Let's hope the next dlc gives more variety.
  • lucidstorm
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 2017
    I'd rather Capuccino
    Post edited by lucidstorm on