Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Everyone complains about shotguns...

SodiumChlorideiy
3406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited April 18
And talk about that's all they see yet....
4574c0799e457c518929436e50fbfa1c.png
77fbe5ebbe22c21f6fc765e07fd83d02.png
Shotguns are the least used gun in the game.
Gadgets get more kills than shotguns and have more time used.

Comments

• GoofyMC123
    465 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    People cry about everything. There has been a crythread for everything in this game except for the grass.

That damn grass keeps killing me....... wish Dice would nerf it
  • TEKNOCODE
    4073 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GoofyMC123 wrote: »
    People cry about everything. There has been a crythread for everything in this game except for the grass.

That damn grass keeps killing me....... wish Dice would nerf it
    I stand corrected. :)
  • OrionPherrit
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What I don't understand is why Symthic publishes such high figures for shotgun TTK. How are they basing this determination?
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This has to be the whinniest *** community I've ever been part of. There's nothing they can't make a cry thread about.

I keep coming back for those few posters who share creative ideas and clever tactics. But more and more they just get drowned in a sea of tears from lazy players.
  • hawcer
    2775 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 18
    the grass sucks....it impairs my vision all the time. Hasn't dice ever heard of the "chain link fence" phenomenon? If you focus past it, it disappears. Since i'm on stupid things no one complains about.....the foggy/misty eyeballs have to go. Since when do your eyes fog/mist over when it's raining? Since this game, that's when....it's like we are wearing face shields or something,lol

anyway....shotguns are only as good as it's user.
  • LAWGlVER
    1106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 18
    *Deleted*
  • DaMutha1
    429 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    lh20122012 wrote: »
    This has to be the whinniest *** community I've ever been part of.

cuz horses
  • Sixclicks
    1384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 18
    The majority of complaints about shotguns come from players of the smaller game modes like Domination and TDM where shotguns are around pretty much every corner. The TDM and Domination communities are small relative to the whole playerbase, hence while many of the kills in TDM and Dom seem to be from shotguns, it has little impact on the overall usage stats. Shotguns in TDM and Dom are basically an easy win button.
  • sas-assaultz
    47 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Shotguns are fine, they should kill you one hit at close same as snipers can kill one hit from far, it's annoying yes but tough ****
  • SodiumChlorideiy
    3406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Exequtoer wrote: »
    And talk about that's all they see yet....
    4574c0799e457c518929436e50fbfa1c.png
    77fbe5ebbe22c21f6fc765e07fd83d02.png
    Shotguns are the least used gun in the game.
    Gadgets get more kills than shotguns and have more time used.
    Then again we have only 2 infantry maps and probably people who complain are playing mostly on them. I've never seen somebody using A10h on Synai, but usualy there are at least 15-20 players on both sides using it on Fort de Vaux or Argonne Forest. Maybe on consoles it doesn't make any diffrence, but on PC people actually have to aim, so using anything else than shotgun or automatico is rather trying to be a better player and working on your skills. Shotgun is all about positioning, nothing else. Once you master it, there is not much you can improve. Same playstyle over and over again. Maybe adding larger and more varied infantry maps would solve this issue.

I use shotgun on weird maps, just like a few people I know.
    Im the type that would use a m97 sweeper on sossoin and use an MH or a 10x g98 sniper on fort de vuax though.
  • Gforce81
    1582 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I really haven't seen that many shotguns except for the maps you'd expect to see them on for a long while now. After the 10-A Hunter was "adjusted", I really don't see too many of them. Like @SodiumChlorideiy I'm the guy running the Sjorgen on Sinai.

Absolutely love shotguns. Favorite weapon category in every FPS I've ever played.

Honestly, I'm having a hard time returning to any of them after using the 10-A SLUG for so long. I used to have a real great judge of how far distances are; when to fire, when to stealthily approach. Was trying to work my way up the 12g leaderboards for a while.

Now I keep thinking I can get away with shots that are further than I expect, and get awful damage in return.

The Slug is just sooo good, its hard to put it down in favor of anything that uses buckshot
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Shotgun is cheap regardless of the amount of people that use it. Can we see a graph for gun type usage on Argonne forest only? That's where the shotgun noobs use their choob gun.
  • SodiumChlorideiy
    Shotgun is cheap regardless of the amount of people that use it. Can we see a graph for gun type usage on Argonne forest only? That's where the shotgun noobs use their choob gun.
    I shall repeat what I've said a billion times... The only gun I am allowed to use on assault is the MP18 by the logic of others.
    SHotguns are not cheap, in fact if you aren't a bad player you can beat them out in 99% of gun fights. A slight suppression on them and they become unusable RNG cannons of self hatred.
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    I really haven't seen that many shotguns except for the maps you'd expect to see them on for a long while now. After the 10-A Hunter was "adjusted", I really don't see too many of them. Like @SodiumChlorideiy I'm the guy running the Sjorgen on Sinai.

Absolutely love shotguns. Favorite weapon category in every FPS I've ever played.

Honestly, I'm having a hard time returning to any of them after using the 10-A SLUG for so long. I used to have a real great judge of how far distances are; when to fire, when to stealthily approach. Was trying to work my way up the 12g leaderboards for a while.

Now I keep thinking I can get away with shots that are further than I expect, and get awful damage in return.

The Slug is just sooo good, its hard to put it down in favor of anything that uses buckshot

Cool bro, you have to use OP guns to get kills.
  • cammoses003
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    people hate on shotguns more than rifles and that fact alone makes me LOL

• TEKNOCODE
    4073 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I started using shotguns after I noticed the amount of cry threads about them. My character carries a box of tissues.
  • SodiumChlorideiy
    And now we can see, shotguns are literally the least used, and gets the least kills out of all primaries.
  • cammoses003
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I started using shotguns after I noticed the amount of cry threads about them. My character carries a box of tissues.

same, I always used them a little here and there, but after all these threads and hatemail I get in-game it's only encouraged me to use them more - shotgun tears are the best. especially on big open maps
  • SodiumChlorideiy

same, I always used them a little here and there, but after all these threads and hatemail I get in-game it's only encouraged me to use them more - shotgun tears are the best. especially on big open maps

WHat I think is funny is that the people who use them all the time tend to like to grief the most.
  • bran1986
    1817 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    People will cry and scream about anything.