Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Trench fighter nerf in less than a week

Miles_Vappa
23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Officially unofficial by the youtuber Westie, the Spring patch is coming April 25th, and with it the trench fighter dart nerf

WOOOHOOOOOOOO!

Comments

• Dogwoggle11
    437 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    Trash players rejoice your tears will now refuel attack plane pilots.

By nerfing TF doesn't mean the AP should be buffed.

• PrecisionWing
    342 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Trash players rejoice your tears will now refuel attack plane pilots.

Let's wait and see.
  • Captain_DarIing
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Still way too long.

Too little changes to vehiclebalance, too late.

It's like DICE stopped caring.
  • trip1ex
    658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 19
    I'm on the ground more than I fly. I get killed maybe once a round by a TF. And so really the nerf won't change the game experience from the ground for me.

But from the air I won't get as many kills with the TF and so I wouldn't doubt if I find a different fav plane to fly. Attack plane is a pretty good killer and so I expect I will fly that one even more. Bomber can be too.

• boutneus
    831 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Did 100 service stars with TF and attack plane. AP took about 2/3rd of the time to get there. It's better at farming infantry, the tears will flow.
  • SirSpectacle
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm not saying it will get buffed, I'm saying once one plane gets nerfed another rises from the ashes.

But the attack plane is much worse at dogfighting than the trench fighter. If an attack plane is being too bothersome, any player can hop in a fighter and take them on. As long as you don't completely suck at flying you can shoot them down, unlike the current situation where the only real counter to an expert trench fighter pilot is another expert pilot
  • l_water_l
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm not saying it will get buffed, I'm saying once one plane gets nerfed another rises from the ashes.

But the attack plane is much worse at dogfighting than the trench fighter. If an attack plane is being too bothersome, any player can hop in a fighter and take them on. As long as you don't completely suck at flying you can shoot them down, unlike the current situation where the only real counter to an expert trench fighter pilot is another expert pilot

The exception to this is if the attack plane has a descent gunner.
  • the-frag-artist
    427 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    People saying they rarely died from it must not play operations much.
  • trip1ex
    658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 19

except the AP has a rear gun. Don't think "any player" will be able to hop into a fighter and take out the AP.
  • Noodlesocks
    417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Trench fighter didn't need a nerf but AA is certainly trash at the moment. Hopefully the buff to AA will make them more effective at point defence.
  • Kozer213
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 19
    No not a patch...I finally got battlefield 1 installed! Now I run the risk of my xbox just dumping it all over again.

But at least balance is balance? Maybe? I dunno
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    trip1ex wrote: »

except the AP has a rear gun. Don't think "any player" will be able to hop into a fighter and take out the AP.

God, those guys that know how to stale the plane before they switch seats and laser you, are the worst.
  • PrecisionWing
    342 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Time to nerf bomber and attack planes. XD
  • Gforce81
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

And that's fine. Even tho they're more potent against ground targets, they are also easier to hit AS a ground target.

I'm not afraid to go toe to toe with an Attack Plane with my Scout rifle. In the immortal words of the internet "Come at me bros"

See if I can make him think twice about his repeated passes over and over. Not so easy to make the turn for another run when your engine is disabled...
  • Trokey66
    3431 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 19
    Time to nerf bomber and attack planes. XD

Shouldn't you have posted your MAA video by now?

Players that chose the TF may decided to go BK and chase Bombers.

Perhaps the tears will be Bomber crews or are we admitting that the super leet, mad skillzzz flyers just use the easiest thing to farm infantry for personal prestige rather than directly help their team?

Just a thought.......
  • Feed4u
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Lol... you have no idea do you, how powerful 2 man AP can be at dog fighting. It is so powerful it would probably take at least 1 bk to take on a skilled 2 man AP, and probably 2 if the AP Pilots were that good.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!