Limpet Charge

Decikraytor_6
319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
So i get on today and used the limpet charge twice to take out artilleray trucks and only got hit markers did they recently nerf the limpet charge or what because i could have swore that they one shotted artillery trucks from full health as ive done it before i also placed one on the side then switched to the back to see if i was placing it wrong still only hitmarkers

Comments

• Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    nope. 47 max damage on one. ALways been like that.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ohk would be too much if you as me.
  • Feed4u
    697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Really? I always though it was about 40+ to a HT, I'd imagine it would do a lot more than 50 to an arti truck
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Artillery trucks are too heavily armored, I'd have no problem with limpets being OHK if placed on the rear of the truck.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I remember i threw a limpet on an arty truck, an assault player max level threw tnt down. He sent me a rude message for stealing his kill.

He was on the other team the following round. Let's just say my knees were sore from the T-bagging he kept receiving till he quit.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I remember i threw a limpet on an arty truck, an assault player max level threw tnt down. He sent me a rude message for stealing his kill.

He was on the other team the following round. Let's just say my knees were sore from the T-bagging he kept receiving till he quit.

There is no killstealing in this game, people need to die asap. The exception being someone killing your target while you're midcharge on the bayonaise.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I know, which is why those balls were made extra salty before dipping.
  • Vic_R0cks
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

There is no killstealing in this game, people need to die asap. The exception being someone killing your target while you're midcharge on the bayonaise.
    If someone spawns at you while sneaking up on a sniper and shoots him. I concider than stealing and being an a$$. Otherwise, no! Killing veichles are all about teamwork and taking care of a threat, than it is getting a kill. But it sure is damn frustrating when you did all the work and someone gets a 4-or 5 piece with a grenade before you get the final blow.
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Feed4u wrote: »
    Really? I always though it was about 40+ to a HT, I'd imagine it would do a lot more than 50 to an arti truck

40 on a crit, its 34 normally on an HT
  • Decikraytor_6
    Artillery trucks are too heavily armored, I'd have no problem with limpets being OHK if placed on the rear of the truck.

Thats what i had thought that if you put it on the back it ohk'd artillery trucks

Oh well guess ill go back to the HE mortar
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I think the rear is more armored, from my experience the engine bay is the most vulnerable part of the artillery truck. With my light tank it's two shots, if I hit the rear armor plating it's 3. I just wish we could carry two limpets at a time, I would be double sticking my way into the hall of fame.
  • Decikraytor_6
    Ram1c wrote: »

I think the rear is more armored, from my experience the engine bay is the most vulnerable part of the artillery truck. With my light tank it's two shots, if I hit the rear armor plating it's 3. I just wish we could carry two limpets at a time, I would be double sticking my way into the hall of fame.

On that note i wish we could have two ammo crates at a time whether by perk or just increased capacity
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

On that note i wish we could have two ammo crates at a time whether by perk or just increased capacity

Garsh I miss perks.
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 2017
    I could swear way back on release one limpet could take out a heavy , then it was nerfed.

As far as kill thefts....I've planted many mines under tanks only to have a teammate toss a small AT grenade and blow the whole thing sky high....I don't mind, except I don't get any assist for my mines doing 80% or more of the damage.

this one must have been pre-damaged.
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not sure limpets ever OHKed trucks. Maybe armored cars, but I'm not 100% on that.
  • hawcer
    lh20122012 wrote: »
    Not sure limpets ever OHKed trucks. Maybe armored cars, but I'm not 100% on that.

I never used them at first, but my son would run around and blow tank after tank after tank with limpets, he swore by them and never had the need to try assault.
    ....either all the tanks had massive damage, or the limpet took a massive nerf.
  • Decikraytor_6

Garsh I miss perks.

Perks were the best in bf4 i hope dice can either reimpliment them or just increase the capacity on some things

Im not even sure why their called armored cars anything can blow them up relatively easily

And for artillery trucks that being the case then the limpet charge is not really a useless gadget but there is no incentive to equip one except blowing the the lockable bunker doors off the hinges id say taking down buuldings to kill infantry inside but the he mortar does that and at a distance you dont have to worry about killing yourself in the debris
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Garsh I miss perks.

Perks were the best in bf4 i hope dice can either reimpliment them or just increase the capacity on some things

Im not even sure why their called armored cars anything can blow them up relatively easily

And for artillery trucks that being the case then the limpet charge is not really a useless gadget but there is no incentive to equip one except blowing the the lockable bunker doors off the hinges id say taking down buuldings to kill infantry inside but the he mortar does that and at a distance you dont have to worry about killing yourself in the debris

It doesn't have to ohk to be useful. It still does a massive amount of damage. Considering a large, highly visible asset like a tank is rarely at full health, it can easily be the death stroke for enemy armor.
  • von_Campenstein

Or why not double limpet as your gadgets?
  • hawcer
    edited April 2017

Or why not double limpet as your gadgets?

I agree...if assault can carry two huge AT nades and 3 fairly large AT mines or TNT, support should get at least 2 limpets.
    Resupply doesn't apply.