Dice please consider this...

Decikraytor_6
319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited April 2017
In BF4 (I know its BF1 two different games but its just a suggestion)
We could get the inderect fire perk which allowed for two ammo crates to be placed simultaneously

Im requesting that the same be done in bf1 wether in a ammo crate capacity increase or by some sort of perk system either way works and if you wanted to you could do the same for medic crates that way medic and support can service two locations at the same time with health and ammo

Comments

• HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    Squad perks are something I actually miss. Don't know why it got left out of this one
  • Decikraytor_6
    Squad perks are something I actually miss. Don't know why it got left out of this one

I would hope if enough of the community would speak up on this then dice would actually implement it back into bf1
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sounds good to me.
  • iransports
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    One thing I like a lot about BF1 as opposed to BF4 is that the players are more or less at an equal playing field regardless of rank. Creating perks that give experienced players an advantage doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The experienced players already have an advantage by being more experienced. No need to keep adding to that.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    iransports wrote: »
    One thing I like a lot about BF1 as opposed to BF4 is that the players are more or less at an equal playing field regardless of rank. Creating perks that give experienced players an advantage doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The experienced players already have an advantage by being more experienced. No need to keep adding to that.
    iransports wrote: »

Yeah but they could do specializations. I think bf3 had those and they were just selectable and the whole squad had them. Perks didn't make you god mode anyways. I was always a fan of extra ammo
  • CrimeSceneKitty
    712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Because they made "Cookie Cutter" squads, where you had to have XYZ perks in order to be on the same playing field as others. This is a common issue in video games, if you do not use X or Y gun then you will be at a disadvantage compared to others. Hardline suffered from this on a scale that was so great that it killed the game. In hardline if you did not use the K10 (the vector) you were just out gunned no matter what. IDK what Visceral was thinking adding in a gun that can fire at 1200 rpm with a damage that was equal to the other guns. Most SMGs ran at 24 damage per shot, the K10 ran at 20 damage per shot with a mag size that was only 5 rounds less. But the damage per second was 400 damage per second, meaning you needed only to fire for 0.25 seconds to kill a person vs about 0.4 seconds for a gun that fires 800 rpm. This was the case for most classes, you had 1 to 2 power weapons that greatly outclassed all other weapons. Sadly Visceral ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ up hard and didn't patch the game for well over a month, in fact they put out patch notes announcing the balance changes then waited 30 days before pushing the patch out. Then there was the case of the trunk RPGs, where you had the option to buy an upgrade for the cars where you could pull out an RPG from the truck that would instant kill vehicles......once again if you didn't have it, you were at a massive disadvantage due to the enemy team using RPGs and killing all vehicles they could see (which some game modes were centered around driving vehicles).

So by DICE removing perks, it removed a Cookie Cutter system from the game.

Could they have worked to balance all perks? Yes and No, the issue is not that some perks were godly, it's that some were downright useless. Let's look at BF3 for example, you had

Sprint (longer sprint time and faster sprint)
    Flak (reduce damage from explosives)
    Explosive (increased the amount of explosives and rockets you could carry)
    Cover (reduced suppression effects)
    Suppressive (increased suppressive effect of your rounds)
    Grenade (increased the amount of hand grenades and 40mm grenades you could carry)
    Ammo (increased the amount of primary and secondary ammo you could carry)

Now out of these you would want to use Flak, Cover, Grenade, Explosive.

This is due to the fact that all perks were shared by the squad, which meant that your squad would have less suppression, more grenades and explosives, and take less damage from explosives. This is the optimal setup for a squad, the sprint could be swapped with grenade, but that would be better for Rush. Ammo could be negated by a support (which every squad should have), suppressive would be meh due to the amount of suppression during any firefight.

In BF1, these perks would be too much, no matter how you spin them, they would just be too powerful or would not even provide enough effectiveness to be useful.

• HardAimedKid

Because they made "Cookie Cutter" squads, where you had to have XYZ perks in order to be on the same playing field as others. This is a common issue in video games, if you do not use X or Y gun then you will be at a disadvantage compared to others. Hardline suffered from this on a scale that was so great that it killed the game. In hardline if you did not use the K10 (the vector) you were just out gunned no matter what. IDK what Visceral was thinking adding in a gun that can fire at 1200 rpm with a damage that was equal to the other guns. Most SMGs ran at 24 damage per shot, the K10 ran at 20 damage per shot with a mag size that was only 5 rounds less. But the damage per second was 400 damage per second, meaning you needed only to fire for 0.25 seconds to kill a person vs about 0.4 seconds for a gun that fires 800 rpm. This was the case for most classes, you had 1 to 2 power weapons that greatly outclassed all other weapons. Sadly Visceral **** up hard and didn't patch the game for well over a month, in fact they put out patch notes announcing the balance changes then waited 30 days before pushing the patch out. Then there was the case of the trunk RPGs, where you had the option to buy an upgrade for the cars where you could pull out an RPG from the truck that would instant kill vehicles......once again if you didn't have it, you were at a massive disadvantage due to the enemy team using RPGs and killing all vehicles they could see (which some game modes were centered around driving vehicles).

Could they have worked to balance all perks? Yes and No, the issue is not that some perks were godly, it's that some were downright useless. Let's look at BF3 for example, you had

Grenade (increased the amount of hand grenades and 40mm grenades you could carry)

This is due to the fact that all perks were shared by the squad, which meant that your squad would have less suppression, more grenades and explosives, and take less damage from explosives. This is the optimal setup for a squad, the sprint could be swapped with grenade, but that would be better for Rush. Ammo could be negated by a support (which every squad should have), suppressive would be meh due to the amount of suppression during any firefight.

In BF1, these perks would be too much, no matter how you spin them, they would just be too powerful or would not even provide enough effectiveness to be useful.

I think I died a total of 10 times to the k10 in hardline lol. I hated that pos. I liked the uzi, hcar and arm. Oh and the ump 9. Squad perks or specializations have been in battlefield since at least bf3, I can't even remember prior to that. They made them work and could make them work in this game as well.
  • Decikraytor_6

Because they made "Cookie Cutter" squads, where you had to have XYZ perks in order to be on the same playing field as others. This is a common issue in video games, if you do not use X or Y gun then you will be at a disadvantage compared to others. Hardline suffered from this on a scale that was so great that it killed the game. In hardline if you did not use the K10 (the vector) you were just out gunned no matter what. IDK what Visceral was thinking adding in a gun that can fire at 1200 rpm with a damage that was equal to the other guns. Most SMGs ran at 24 damage per shot, the K10 ran at 20 damage per shot with a mag size that was only 5 rounds less. But the damage per second was 400 damage per second, meaning you needed only to fire for 0.25 seconds to kill a person vs about 0.4 seconds for a gun that fires 800 rpm. This was the case for most classes, you had 1 to 2 power weapons that greatly outclassed all other weapons. Sadly Visceral **** up hard and didn't patch the game for well over a month, in fact they put out patch notes announcing the balance changes then waited 30 days before pushing the patch out. Then there was the case of the trunk RPGs, where you had the option to buy an upgrade for the cars where you could pull out an RPG from the truck that would instant kill vehicles......once again if you didn't have it, you were at a massive disadvantage due to the enemy team using RPGs and killing all vehicles they could see (which some game modes were centered around driving vehicles).

Lol

The perk system in bf4 would be more optimal since it was an individual perk set

Also they would have to recode the perks since bf1 is based on ww1 and some modern day perks didnt exist ie flak jackets so explosive resistance would be very limited due to technology

Otherwise stop complaining you act as if all the class weapons are balanced now anyway which is far from the truth especially since the medic class has the largest amount of primaries that are usable at all ranges and the assault class has the model 10 hunter and hellregial scout has the martini the support class statistically speaking has the weakest primaries in the game with all but the chauchaut killing in 5 bullets minimum

And your insinuating that if i had another ammo crate that the game would be unfair

Allahu ahkbar yourself please