VIP list max = 20?

Rombibombii
573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
It's all working for us it seems! Still too early to tell. But... VIP list maximum appears to be 20. Great when you have a clan/community which is 5 times bigger.

Yeap, had to be the first to ruin the joy.

Comments

• StarscreamUK
    7269 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I'd presume its so that if there is a game with 64 players happily playing, that they dont all get kicked when 64 of your 100 member platoon try to descend on the same server. I know that decent clans would simply password lock a server and join it, maybe it will increase, who knows.
  • kruh-BF2142
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    that they dont all get kicked when 64 of your 100 member platoon try to descend on the same server.

because that happens a lot... whatever
  • Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'd presume its so that if there is a game with 64 players happily playing, that they dont all get kicked when 64 of your 100 member platoon try to descend on the same server. I know that decent clans would simply password lock a server and join it, maybe it will increase, who knows.

Well it was stated a while ago that VIP would only put you in front of premium and not be the agressive join we know. But... we will have to wait a bit to confirm that ;)
  • StarscreamUK
    7269 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    yeah I know, but we also know how things change, so I'm not prepared to say 100% either way till I get told otherwise lol
  • Rombibombii
    Things change a lot. And Twitter is a mess right now. All the devs I follow are getting bombarded with questions.

Anyway, we got something, still better than nothing.
  • Antivanity
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LOL DICE.. 20.. cute. Real efin cute
  • InSaNeOldGuy
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DICE dev "ThyMerayo" has replied @ Reddit as to why the VIP is limited to 20 and not unlimited like it was in BF4, and I quote:

"I'm afraid it is not supported anymore, it was deprecated in favor of something that works across all platforms. These limits are the same as BF4/H in consoles."

Source: Reddit - RSP VIP Limited to 20 players - read more here

• Mrs_Ragdoll
    268 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    huh I don't get it. As far as I was told by an EA advisor the VIP members don't kick players of the server, they just get the 1st place in queue when the server is full (while more players are in queue). Btw. I can't add some members to the VIP list while it's not full yet, is this a bug? It just says could not add player to the VIP list. But when I try to add him to the Moderator list that works. I also have the problem for Moderator list, that I can't add a certain member to that list.... are these bugs?
  • CrashCA
    1000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Probably broke something when they added "move" ability.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VIP does nothing even for people on the VIP list, its broken. You still wait in queue like you always do.
  • Axlerod1
    1372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well if DICE can not get RSP figured out before battlefield 2018, then I probably won't buy it.

The fact the DLC sales are down for BF1 should be proof enough for dice to fix this mess.
    The fact the over pre-order sales are down on SWBF2, which has no RSP, server browser or ability to join on friends should be even more proof that players want these features and more.

The game is great but the infrastructure for this games is like it is a late 1980's game.
    Visceral is gone, DICE will be next to get axed by EA if sales don't improve.
  • Mrs_Ragdoll
    268 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    VIP does nothing even for people on the VIP list, its broken. You still wait in queue like you always do.

For me it works, when I'm for example 6th in queue I will join very fast. Not like I used to on orher servers before, that also had long queues. But if more players with VIP join at the same time then there is still a long waiting time because you all have tne same priority level. But mostly I join as the only VIP and I get the 1st place in queue in front of the other players in queue, but you don't see it. You don't fysically see that you're on 1st place it still says 4th for example. Maybe because for other players the number will suddenly increase when you join the queue as a VIP and DICE don't want that?!
  • Jaskaman
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    VIP list (max. 20) does not work as intended, it should set player in the list next one joining to server (yes it does not kick anyone), but it's not working.
    Our members who are on VIP list will not join server before anyone else even someone leaves server.
    Persons who are moderators (max. 20) are getting VIP queue, so they join server next when someone leaves server.
    I have made a new feature request for RSP and it's added there.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/77l27n/rspnext_steps_that_should_be_there_by/
  • Rombibombii
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    ability to join on friends should .
    This was only a Beta limitation which was on purpose though.

VIP to this day really is a hit or miss for me. One thing I did notice is don't expect it to say "You are 1 in queue" when there are 8 people before you. It will say #9 but what will happen is that you join in before the other 8 that are still waiting. But even then, sometimes it just works as a regular queue